main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC LOOK WHAT I JUST BOUGHT!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Stalker, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Okay, its been widely known for some time now that I am close to being considered clinically insane, but this was just so cool... expensive as hell, but oh well it will be worth it in about a year from now (which is probably about the time I'll get my credit card paid off :(

Anyway, hoop there it is!

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    You are quite mad - but it's still cool!

3. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Yeah, As they'd say in the hood... "I dropped over two large to become the fiercest black man in the galaxy."

4. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Well it is a almost complete costume, so it's not such a bad deal, but by the time your done getting the rest of it together, your looking at $3,000+.

But it will all be worth it when you wear it the first time and everyone just stops in their tracks and makes room for Darth Vader to walk by them. ;)

Word of advise, try it on a couple of times BEFORE you go out in public with it on. This way you can get a feel for it and also see if anything needs adjusting.

5. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Roger - thats crazy.......what can I say ?

When you get it all, then please take photos of you in the costume!

6. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Also, Roger, you better start researching the installation of cooling fans inside or you will melt. That's not even a joke, but an absolute requirement.

7. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Are you kiddin'? I'm gonna be wearing this thing everyday after work for the first two weeks after I get it. I can't wait to put it on. I'm looking forwrd to finishing it. :D

Edit: malkie, will do! :D

Jeff, yeah, I will if it doesn't already have it. the helmet itself is very expensive so I'll talk to the seller about it.

8. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    researching the installation of cooling fans inside or you will melt.

He has a point - I wore a ghost outfit last halloween and nearly died, and it was only a sheet.
    You'd be better to investigate those water cooled bodysuits.

9. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    I was going to tell him all about that, after I have seen that helmet. I think it is a fan-built helmet, which is a good thing, so I would need to take a look to see where a cooling fan or two can be fitted in first.

Roger, don't buy a cooling system off of ebay, they are so over priced. Everything you need you can get from Radio Shack.

10. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    I'll figure something out if it doesn't already have something built in. My biggest concern is learning how much time it will take me too use the bathroom when I'm wearing it [face_laugh]

11. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Well, I can always be there to help out... [face_devil]...

But on the other hand...there goes weekly trips to the east coast... :(

Just kidding, it's VERY cool...and at CIII, I get to go home with Darth Vader... [face_devil] Now THAT'LL be fun!!!!

12. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Well You'll get to "go home" with Vader anytime you want ;)

13. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Excellent Roger. I will have my stormie armor by C3, We will have to do some touring together

14. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Sounds good. :D I'll need a stormie entourage anyway.

15. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I'll have 2 costumes by C3. I have the armor pieces for the SnowTrooper costume and I'm waiting on my supplier for clone armor so that I can begin building my ARC trooper costume.

The only 2 troopers in the SW universe that accomplishes anything. ;)

16. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Jeff I saw a kit for scout trooper armor earlier too. That's also pretty sweet. But while Snowtroopers are cool, they really didn't get anything more accomplished that Stormtroopers did.

17. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, Scouts seem to be the easiest to construct and fit.

Hey, Snow troopers actually invaded the Hoth base. :D What's a storm trooper done besides bang his head and aim poorly? ;)

18. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Ummm, well I seem to remember something about the first scene in the first movie where they took over Tantive IV and captured the most important woman in the galaxy...

19. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Roger, your too tall to be anything but Vader or Chewie, and that Chewie costume done right is very very hard to make.

You made the right choice on a costume IMO, if that means anything!! ;)

20. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    It does Wendy :D And the ONLY reason I am looking at other costumes is because whatever garrison I join may/probably has a Vader already and I want a back up costume of some sorts but that is down the road a bit.

21. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Nothing wrong with a garrison having more then 1 Vader in their ranks. ;)

If one Vader can't make the event, the other can.

Most Garrisons have one Vader and some garrison territories are so big that the one Vader can't always make it to events.

If you join the VA garrison, Garrison Tyranus, it has a huge territory so you should be ok in it as a Vader.

But if you really need another costume (have you been bitten by the costume bug!?!) maybe you want something really different like a Death Star gunner or a Tusken Raider? The 501st if flooded with Stormtroopers as it is!! [face_laugh]

22. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, Wendy is right, they are overrun with Stormtroopers, its always nice to see a 501st member doing something different.

23. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Well I think they are cool but I'm not going to even consider starting a second costume until after I've finished the first. But I was already considering a tusken. A DSG wouldn't be bad either now that you mention it.

24. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Well, now I've committed myself to trying my hand at more than just a Bastila Shan costume. I'm going ahead with Padme's wedding dress, and since it's mostly handwork, I'll like making it better than sewing a whole bunch of stuff.

What on earth have I gotten myself into... [face_shocked]

Now I need to find a 100 year old bedspread...or just make one, and make it LOOK like it's 100 years old...

25. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    The beauty about a Tusken is that you don't need to spend a ton of money for it to look right. ;)

And IMO I just don't see enough Tuskens running around with their gaffi's raised in the air causing chaois these days! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.