main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC LOOK WHAT I JUST BOUGHT!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Stalker, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    True on both accounts. I'll just need to work on my roar a bit.

2. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Very nice Roger. I would wear it out to pick-up Taco Bell or just roaming the mall. I once got to walk down the street wearing a full Batman costume and people were honking their horns and yelling at me. And not yelling bad things at me like they normally do.

3. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    I drew a lot of attention just wearing stormie armor in California. With this I'm going to be an attention magnet for sure. I think I'll wear it this Christmas to the mall and stand in line to sit in Santa's lap. If by some strange chance I'm still in the DC area you guys will have to come and see that [face_laugh]

4. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    Roger I believe you would get a lot of attention waiting to sit on Santa's lap with or without the armor on.

5. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    The Vader from the NJ Garrison puts on a huge Santa hat and does "Santa Vader" for charity. It's actually quite a sight seeing kids and grownups hop on Vader's lap to tell him what they want for Xmas!! [face_laugh]

6. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    With this I'm going to be an attention magnet for sure.

Now I HAVE to get out there as soon as possible...you'll need a body guard...

7. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    So get out here and guard my body then. Afterall I can't afford too many plane tickets for awhile anyway :(

8. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Wow, our very own Darth Vader...

Now we just need that working Death Star and we'll be all set. :D

9. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Very cool Roger!!
    Now I have a "dad" to go with my Jedi Luke costume. Please tell me you're bringing it to CIII!!

VK

10. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    "Now I HAVE to get out there as soon as possible...you'll need a body guard..."

Ok Zar, as a favor to you, if needed, I'll do my imperial duty and put on my IRG uniform and "protect" Vader. If anyone gets too close I'll just knock them on the head with my forcepike! [face_laugh]

11. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    I knew I could count on you, Mal! But I still need to get out there as soon as possible...me guarding his body would be fun!

12. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    "I knew I could count on you, Mal! But I still need to get out there as soon as possible...me guarding his body would be fun!"

Somehow I just knew you were going to say that!! ;)

Now hurry up and get out here already!! :D

13. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Vaders Kid of course I'm wearing it to C III, thats the whole point. I can't wait! :D

Zar knows that my body needs a lot of guarding ;)

14. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    very cool Roger. :D

but man, talk about expensive!!!

15. BoboeFett

BoboeFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm awestruck Roger! Nice piece you picked up there!
    Almost makes me wanna regret the $350 I spent on my new display case in want of spending it on a costume...
    Wouldn't it be cool to show up to the mini-golf course this weekend as Vader?

I'm working on getting a Bith costume together for C3... the costume isn't the hard part.. I want to have a playable fanfar to go with it!

Hope to see you all Saturday

16. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    Hey, have you given any thought to instaling a small speaker and hooking it up to an MP3? Not only could you do breathing and the Imperial March, but you could also have a few tracks of cool entrance music. :)

17. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Some of the 501st Vader's do in fact have recorded breathing sounds for their Vader outfits.

18. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    or, you could just start smoking 50 a day.

19. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Thanks everyone :D And yes I will eventually work on the sounds but that will be after I have finished the rest of the costume.

I just wish I could have it finished in time for the picnic but I will first have to wait for it to be delivered from Mexico and then all the other pieces that I'll need to go along with it. Don't expect to see me wearing it for another two months at the earliest. But I just might win a Halloween contest or two.

20. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Roger, you don't want to wear that costume to the BBQ, my costumes are lighter then Vader and I try to avoid summer outdoor costumed events since all I'm going to do is sweat my butt off!!

If you want to go with sound, just do the breathing, but we can talk about that when your ready.

But don't kid yourself, even after you buy everything, there is going to be fittings, modifcations, and setting up a speaker system (so people can hear you when you speak), a cooling system, and the "breathing". And don't forget, unless the chestbox comes with all the blinking lights, you may have to wire that up too.

But if you keep at it, you can have it done by Halloween. :D

21. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    I will have to wait until the helmet arrives to to see how hard it is to speak in there and I will actually work on my voice to try to get the same tone as James Earl Jones in the mean time. My southern accent will cause me to sound more like Darth Bubba if I don't practice. But all these mods I will take one step at a time as I determine what it needs the most.

22. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Roger, they make a voice changer to make your voice sound deeper without you having to do it yourself. :D

23. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    I've heard of those and heard that they don't work as well as one would hope. But more impostantly I just want to be able to do a JEJ impression if possible.

24. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Just keep practicing "You are watching CNN..." with the appropriate Vader arm movements.

It's great for DragonCon, since you can see CNN from the hotel. If your room's in the right place

25. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    Or you can dance around singing, "Welcome to Verizon."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.