main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC LOOK WHAT I JUST BOUGHT!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Stalker, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Oh I figured it was already done. Did he get any of your measurements for it?

2. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Yes and that is another thing that is going to slow the process down as it has to be made to fit.

3. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    still the is awsome that is it made to fit. deffantly a great deal Roger

4. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, if it is going to take 4-5 weeks before you get it, make sure you don't put on any significant mass (muscle or otherwise) or the fit will obviously be off.

5. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Jeff I already thought about that so I added 1/2" to my biceps for growth and it makes me more determined than EVER not to gain back any of the weight that I recently lost. A very good motivater to stay in shape :)

6. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    4-5 weeks makes sense then for the wait on the costume. I waited about the same time for my Snowtrooper armor, and it wasn't custom fitted.

7. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Umm Dear, you waited 4-5 weeks for 2 SETS of Snow Trooper armor. :p

8. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Okay, quick question for ANY of you. My stupid PaayPal account isn't letting me use my Mastercard and its trying to pull the money out of my checking account... I don't have that kind of money in my checking account. If he can't take the credit card directly I may be stuck having to get a cash advance and those are outrageously high! Any advice?

9. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok stupid question first, did you register your credit card with Paypal and did you indictate that you want the funds taken from there. If your checking account is either the default source for funds or the backup source then that might explain it.

You need to get intouch with Paypal I think.

10. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Yes. And if you go into my account it shows the card in there but I guess there is some sort of sending limit on it.

11. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    My paypal defaults to taking it from checking; there is a place where you have to tell it to use the card instead. Of course, I also haven't used paypal in a long long time.

12. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Yeah and that place you speak of is where I learned about "sending limits". :(

13. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Ah, now that is a problem. I guess I never tried to spend that much on any one thing! I'm sure if you contact them, there must be some way you could work it out.

14. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Roger I believe you just need to get verified to increase your limit

15. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Valerie, I'll check into that in a bit.

Tim, I've been verified. I could send $100,000 (if I had it) from my savings account. The sending limit only applies to my card.

16. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    So, break up the amount into a couple of payments, or can you do that?

17. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Well I tried that but for some reason it still wasn't working. I have no idea but I finally have a contingency plan. Tomorrow is pay day, I pay for the entire thing in cash and put all my bills on my credit card and pull money out of my bank in TN for living expenses. Not how I want to do it but I can get by that way.

18. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    E-mail Paypal and find out how to get around this before you start dipping into finances you don't want to touch.

19. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    I just did that. I had tried calling them first... OMG do I hate to talk to bots! Its funny, all these people out of work and its impossible to talk to a person at a business anymore.

20. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Well I tried to follow the instructions that the bot at Paypal sent which weren't even close to accurate, it didn't go well, it made it sound like there was another screen AFTER clicking the "SEND MONEY" button where I could confirm the payment... there wasn't it went out of my account even though the money asn't even there :( I talked to my bank and since I should get paid at midnight tonight, my earlier contingency plan is exactly how its going to work out. Oh well, at least I won't have such a huge credit card bill later but don't expect to see me throwing money away anytime soon.

21. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    I hereby nominate myself for "Stupidest fanboy.... EVER". After all that stress yesterday and having to figure out what I was going to do about paying for my costume, I reached for an envelope to send out a money order for yet another auction when I saw these nifty little USAA checks that they sent me to use like a regular check but have the money come off my card. How could I have wracked my brain for so long and not thought of that?

On a different note, The guy I bought the suit from recieved the money yet the $2,100 is still in my account and it didn't get charged to my card either. I'm starting to wonder if Paypal puts that much blind faith in all of their customers... I mean if they had checked my balance yesterday before sending the money they would have seen that it wasn't in there anyway. If they should just decide to not charge me and let me keep my suit for free I won't complain.

22. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Update: I got my stuff yesterday unfortunately there was no chain in the collar and I need to figure out how to made some special modifications as the pants I got are chaps and the cod piece doesn't quiet cover the gap.

I expected the suit to be hotter than hell by the time I got it all on. Well I never got the wool robe and the wool cape on because the temperature began to exceed hell from just the black leather, chest plate, shin guards and the helmet alone.

As I expected, I spent a great deal of time last night putting on various pices of the armor and looking in the mirror with great admiration, which means it was a typical night for me except with the armor on this time :p

23. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    [face_laugh] Roger you've painted a very disgusting picture there. chaps and cod piece not covering [face_sick] :p

24. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok Roger, contact the seller about the chain for the cape because I thought it was included. Second about the chaps, how bad is the gap? Did you also get the helmet yet?

25. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    You know, Roger, with the right boxer shorts, you can make the gap work. Really.

And should I worry that the picture of Roger in chaps no longer scares me the way it probably should?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.