main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Looking Busy - ESB

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by rhonderoo, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I was bored at work today. Thanks for clicking!!! Another plot bunny slain. :D

Looking Busy

I am watching with mixed horror and anticipation as the Corellian Corvette disappears into Hyperspace. The silence is deafening in the room and the air is positively cracking with energy. Admiral Piett has just lived his last day, of that there is no doubt. I watch as Darth Vader, Lord of the Sith slowly, calmly and purposely turns from the viewport.

Here it comes.

Oh, my stars.

I have heard about this, but it never occurred to me that I would see it up close so early in my assignment on the Executor. This is what we lower ranked officers brag on in the barracks and the cafeteria, they are notches on our collar. Usually it is some puffed up Captain or Commander that has so ubiquitously witnessed what it means to be among those who see these occurrences happen.

I mean, how often can one repeatedly get to be on assignment when these things happen?

And how many admirals has he gone through?

Not that it?s that big of a pity. These guys bought and paid for these positions, they should have to live with the consequences, pun intended. I realize I am letting my bias be a little bit known, but there you have it.

Seriously, I mean, what could be more fun than watching these pompous idiots meet their doom by doing something stupid? I only wish I had been there for Ozzel.

Ohoho? I heard that was a sight to behold.

The man was actually condescending to Darth Vader...Darth Vader. Say it again with me...Darth Vader. Not just in the way he was to us lackeys or to most of his peers, but in the way that says?. ?I?ve just found out I have an incurable disease, please end my pain and suffering.?

My buddy from flight training said he almost talked to the dark lord like a child. Can you believe that?

I laugh even now thinking the incredible lack of common sense that must have taken. But Ozzel, like so many of our superiors thought he was invincible. His daddy owned some land grants or something. It?s always something. I?ve come to believe that Darth Vader doesn?t much care about land grants.

Now, I don?t know too much about this Piett guy. He seems to be a pretty classy guy. That doesn?t always stop our most esteemed military leader, though. I heard Needa was, too. One thing is for sure, it is never good to be around when the man is in a mood. Funny enough, I heard Needa actually volunteered to go apologize when he didn?t necessarily have to make the gesture. Again, he must have had an incurable disease.

Sometimes I wonder what goes on in these officers? heads.

I mean, here I am just taking sensor readings from probe droids in various places on the ship, in my day?s duty as it were?and this happens.

And I thought it was going to be a boring day...

Vader has his hands behind his back and as the ship takes off, he just shakes his head. He is turning this way.

Here we go, now that?s what I?m talking about. Don?t let me down, big guy.

I see Piett is scared absolutely stiff. Heh. Me, I just keep my head down and keep tapping my datapad. And then it occurs to me?

He just walked past Piett?

What?

Do you mean to tell me the one and only time I am on the bridge and something like this happens?he is going to keep walking???

I DO NOT believe this. Where is big bad Vader and why can?t he come out when I?m on the bridge? Not that I want Piett to die necessarily or anything, but come on?..!

This was going to be classic. This was something to tell Nijo Seenil when he starts on about that time he saw Motti telling Lord Vader to stop taunting them with his ?sorcerer?s ways?. Sure, it wasn?t something as stupid as that or Ozzel, but it?s something.

But then again?

Hold on. Surely this is a first. Frack, what am I saying? No one will believe me and it is just Piett, the man and me here on thi

2. Jedi_Linewalker

Jedi_Linewalker Jedi Master star 2

May 1, 2005
    *laughs* I loved that. You have to wonder what was going on in these guys' heads when that was all transpiring and I think you captured it quite well! Good job

3. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Ooh...loved it. Loved the way it was almost a game between the lower crew, watching the high officers in command get killed off. Not that they didn't deserve it, of course. And the tone of this was great too. Just really loved it.

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Great job, Roo! You should tell them where the plot bunny came from.

5. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Thanks, you guys. A friend of mine says this everytime that scene is on and shows the guy that purposely keeps head down as Vader strides by. It's hilarious.

6. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    LOL! Oh, this was great, rhonderoo. Yeah, I'd make sure I looked very busy, too. :p

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Absolutely loved it! Once again, you've rendered me almost speechless!

8. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Wow, rhonderoo, that is great. Histerically funny. I really like the bit at the end about looking busy.

9. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Funny stuff Roo!

-Joe

10. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    OMG, Roo--did you just write what I think you wrote??

Did you just make a fanfic about...Clipboard Guy?!? :eek:

*dies*

LONG LIVE CLIPBOARD GUY!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

11. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    THis is hilarious!!!! I love the 1st-person POV as well.

12. Ace_Venom

Ace_Venom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    Yeah, I'll bet he was afraid to say, "You've got to be kidding me!" Old Vader would have choked him. Enjoyable read and nice use of first person.

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Thanks againfor the wonderful comments, guys.

Clipboard guy rules!!! [face_laugh][face_laugh]

14. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Ok, that's my next costume- ClipBoard-Guy!

Thanks, Rhonda!

15. BlueLoriSaber

BlueLoriSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Okay, I definitely have to agree with the group here. That is hilarious!!!! I would send it to my friends if they could understand it. But they aren't exactly into SW.

16. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Can't think of much better praise :D

17. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    A very twistedly light-hearted look at what it's like to be under darthbossy.

18. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Brilliant! :D

19. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Very funny! [face_laugh]

20. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    OMG, Roo--did you just write what I think you wrote??

Did you just make a fanfic about...Clipboard Guy?!? shock

*dies*

LOL, Pariah!!! Thanks to Dork-Vader, we call him the "Lookin' Busy Guy." [face_laugh]

Great job, Roo!! [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

21. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Great stuff. [face_laugh]

22. tendra_217

tendra_217 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    That was great [face_laugh] ...

I can picture those thoughts going through the head of some of the staff

23. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    You know I'm tempted to go 'what a friggin sociopath', but I guess it's not all that unusual people getting enjoyment out of others pain.

Great fic!

24. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    LOL! That was great!

25. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Very funny.[face_laugh]

Up, to a hopefully appreciating audience

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.