main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for a 3d animator to do a very short 2 min SW sequence

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by JHoffaOLB, Oct 10, 2011.

1. JHoffaOLB

JHoffaOLB Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    Only experienced need apply, I am looking for a 3d modeler artist to do a short sequence for a private party's video screen that will loop on the monitors while the party is going on. This is a very SPECIAL party for a certain famous group of costumers you all have heard of and some are a part of right here. Please contact me asap as we need to finalize the possibility of this being possible before taking it to the next level. I normally do the looping backgrounds for these videos for the group but we want something extra special for this high profile SW event coming next year. Contact me through PMs here or email me at swellcast@att.net to speak about the logistics as I am not at liberty to discuss more in public about this event or exactly what is needed without doing it in a more private manner.

2. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    Sounds like a cool party, but "very short" and "two minute" don't belong in the same sentence when talking about animation. I'm working on a four minute music video right now, and I bid six months of evenings to work on it, and a hefty quote. (It's mostly animation, and visual effects.) It's a big thing you're asking for, you might get more responses if you give some more details about exactly what you're looking for. (Different artists are going to be interested in doing different things, right now none of them have a very clear idea of what you want to ultimately see.)

Hopefully someone comes through for ya; it's a big undertaking.

3. JHoffaOLB

Feb 16, 2001
    The animation will be just a single character smoking from his pipe blowing smoke rings, nothing too fancy.

4. ElectroFilms

ElectroFilms Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2007
    I sent you a PM about a week back.

5. JHoffaOLB

Feb 16, 2001
    Clarification, this job is for exposure only with no monies being paid out for your work, and as we are not allowed to make any profit off of anything related to Uncle Georges sandbox, this is only normal.

To expand on what is needed.....I need a short animation of Jabba the hut on the dais smoking a pipe, that is all, no serious movement or rotoscoping or anything like that. I just need a simple animation of him lifting his arm and smoking from his pipe.

6. ElectroFilms

Apr 13, 2007
    ...Yeah, I'd open with that. Ever consider doing it yourself?

7. JHoffaOLB

Feb 16, 2001
    Actually yes I have as I have done the animations for these events we do for a few years now but they have always been non-3d animation, ie static 3d, and I do not possess the skills to do such an animation or it would already be underway. I thank you all for your consideration though as we will be speaking with ILM shortly to do the animation for us, we just wanted to offer to chance to any budding designers for their own exposure first before taking this back in house, with the people we deal with inside Lucasfilms we will surely get this done, with either them or someone they can refer us to that is willing to donate some time to our cause.

8. ElectroFilms

Apr 13, 2007
    I don't want to keep trolling your thread so this is my last reply.
    BUT, I assume you have some extremely tight ILM connections? My apologies but having them do anything for free just sounds a bit ridiculous. As long as you have this planned out, Best of Luck!