main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for a Animation artist for fan film!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by jpbmproductions, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpbmproductions

jpbmproductions Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    I'm doing a fan film that will need some good animating. being able to model isn't totally necessary but I need someone that can animate vocals on a character.

Yaddle to be exact :)

This is going to be a grand fan film and you will get full credit so don't worry about that!

I really need someone to do this because I dont have the skill enough to learn.

Thanks everyone! PLEASE post any comments!!!

Justin Phelps
    JPBM Productions
    Star Wars: Episode VII Ways of the Sith

2. christmastom

christmastom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2002
    What is your film going to be about? Oh, and you might consider dropping "Episode VII" out of your title.

3. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Alright, JPB do some shooting and then come back. When you have something in your hands people are WAY more likely to help you. It takes lots of Tender Loveing Care to do CG, so these guys are very wary of anyone who has not already shot their film or has not done fan films prior.

Good Luck with your Search!

4. jpbmproductions

Jun 9, 2002
    My film is based on 34 years after ROTJ, the NR had started to crack down hard on any type of Sith artifacts and destroying them, so that they will not return. A good of pirates have stolen a map that leads to the lost planet of Korriban where a secret relic awaits incaged in the valleys.

I could go on but I don't have alot of time.

It is about 1 and half hours long.

Why do you say that about taking the Episode VII out? It is still a fan film. And I don't claim it to be offical but I make it to be like it would be part of the series?

5. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    is this a joke?

6. jpbmproductions

Jun 9, 2002
    Why do you think it is a joke? I am totally serious.

7. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    an hour and a half fan film...sure...... and you need people to do your CG. please, learn it yourself.

8. christmastom

christmastom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2002
    Well, wayyy too many people use "Episode VII" (although close to none of their movies get made). Also, I don't think that the fanfilm makers have the right to claim that their film is the definitive movie to watch after ROTJ. That's just my opinion though.

9. jpbmproductions

Jun 9, 2002
    You can think what you wish. Just because I don't have the time and skills to do animation of characters doesn't mean I'm not 100% serious about this film.

I will prove it to you by filming it. Then coming back and showing everyone I kept my word. I have already put alot of my hard time and money into this and I just am asking for some help on things I don't know.

10. jpbmproductions

Jun 9, 2002
    ah..ic christmastom..

But I don't see any point in changing it now..because we've been planning this for a year or two. hmm..

Well, just to tell everyone, Crew of Two Productions, which did Duality have also been working with us with some modeling. And I have several modelers but the only thing is that they don't either know how to animate dialog..:(

11. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    Just because I don't have the time and skills to do animation of characters doesn't mean I'm not 100% serious about this film.

well, if you don't have the time to learn CG, then how do you have time to make a fan film.

12. Cri-Slow-Pez

Cri-Slow-Pez Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2002
    Lord Homer, are you always this pissy?

13. jpbmproductions

Jun 9, 2002
    lol I don't have the time to do the CG cause I'm too busy doing the filming! :p

Think people think! lol

14. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    how about when you are done filming?!

why don't you think?! :p

15. jpbmproductions

Jun 9, 2002
    Because why do you think I'm asking for a animator now? Because I want this thing to come out as soon as possible so I want the animators working on it while the filming is being done so once the filming is done, I can pretty much edit the thing right away without having to wait for CG effects to come in.Plus, cause I want Yaddle to be in the trailer so everyone can see how sweet it will be.

Anyone possibly interested in doing it once filming starts? (cause I see that lots of films don't get done. which mine will but I guess they don't trust me lol)

16. Abriel

Abriel Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2002
    Playing devil's advocate here, I have done alot of animation. I've had a few challenges but nothing that I couldn't overcome with a little patience. I spent two years having to teach myself the ins and outs of a 3D animation program as well as modeling the objects for it. Anything that I put my heart into came out on a professional level. Amway and Kellog used some of the stuff I worked on. But one thing that I have found to be the most dreaded job, for me at least, is that of character animation. Even worse would be animating speach.

GIVE THIS GUY A BREAK!

17. jpbmproductions

Jun 9, 2002
  18. Spero

Spero Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2002
    Well you could also go the other way and do a costume and makeup. Or stop motion clay animation. I did a big short movie called "Potato Harry" about a talking Potato with aspirations of being a rapper and not once did I use CGI. And his mouth moves and everything. I made a seperate prop of just the potato with his mouth for scenes that you can see under him. For another scene i just wore a green panty hose over my arm while the Potato was doing a rap video. I cut my arm out lady on After Effects. I mean there are so many more things you can try than CGI. Though what do I know... :D

19. jpbmproductions

Jun 9, 2002
    btw, if anyone wants to see the test version of the beginning text scroll, just ask and I can email it to you. It will be REALLY REALLY COMPRESSED so you can get it through email but still its worth it.

Unless someone can find a good host that won't delete my account? :(

20. jpbmproductions

Jun 9, 2002
    Actually, a muppet was our FIRST choice. But I have yet to find anyone bold enough to make one..:( I'm apart of the Replica Prop Forum (RPF) and have searched and asked for months. Still no luck.

about this clay you speak of. Is there someone online I can download an example?

Oh yeah, and THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!

But if anyone is still interested in doing the CG work...

21. Spero

Spero Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2002
    You mean if there's somewhere you can download examples? Well Nightmare Before Christmas is a good example. James and the Giant peach is another example. I really don't have any sites I can direct you to but I have worked with Stop Motion and it's really not all that hard. You just need patience and a steady hand.

22. jpbmproductions

Jun 9, 2002
    Do you think your up to the challenge to do Yaddle possibly? :D

How good do you think she would look?

23. BluEScrEEnJedi

BluEScrEEnJedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2002
  24. jpbmproductions

Jun 9, 2002
    Find that ammusing?