main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

looking for a certain effect

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AWB1989, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    I am looking for a fade-type effect where the first picture breaks up in pieces and disappears as if it were glass and then you see the second clip.

2. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    That transition is in quite a few different editing packages. In MSP it's called Shatter, I believe. It would help to know what software you have.

3. MoffJake

MoffJake Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    I think I saw that clip in an episode of Star Trek The Next Generation where Riker goes crazy in, you guessed it, a nut house!

Hope this helps.

:)

4. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    I have Premiere 6.0 and After Effects 5.5 as my main software although I do also have Ulead Video Studio 5.0.

5. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    read the manual to see the fade effects your software has

6. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    MoffJake: I saw that episode, where he keeps shooting the background with the phaser and it keeps shattering the scene, that was cool.

AWB1989: In After Effects 5 there is an effect called Shatter (i think it is shatter) it is under Effect > Simulation > Shatter. Right next to particle playground.

Hope this helps

7. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    i didn't see the post in time, brent, but i found an effect called whirlpool in ulead videostudio 5.0 (not mediastudio, videostudio) and in looks like glass shattering

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.