Abq looking for a cheap priced stormtrooper outfit

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Flamingcupcake, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    The wing in the back can actually fold around me to make a shield for my body. It's a complex piece.
  3. karenec1 Jedi Master

star 4
  4. LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    [image=http://tn5.deviantart.com/300W/fs6.deviantart.com/i/2005/091/2/8/R_One_oh_Seven_by_Splapp_me_do.png]

In the TimeSplitters video game series, there's a character named R-107 who's a human who wishes he was a robot. So he dons a cardboard robot suit he made himself to try and fufill this dream. He's one of my favorite characters in the games, and now I know why! He was forshadowing the coming of the Mos Alba Cardboard Costume Brigade! I now see that R-107 is just one of the many prophets of the MACCB, telling of the greatness that is cardboard costuming. I have seen the light! I believe!
  5. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome to the corrugated side.
  6. karenec1 Jedi Master

star 4
    So are we going to start a duct tape division? Can one use corrugated AND duct tape??

Here is a duct tape kilt...
    [image=http://www.octanecreative.com/ducttape/fashion/prom/contestants/images/041.jpg]
  7. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Join us Leto, and together, we can rule Mos Alba!
  8. LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    No! That's not true! That's impossible!

Oh, and I'm so down to be a part of that duct tape division.
  9. karenec1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I am going to seriously start a costume in duct tape. Perhaps a jedi? An imperial guard? [face_thinking] I must meditate on this...
  10. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    We'll we can combine our forces, I think Matt and Myself can sit down and get the guidelines together for the outfits. I mean we only want the best quality cardboard and duct tape, we just can't induct anybody who puts a box over their head or generic tape. We are a serious brigade, no mickey mouse business for us.
  11. karenec1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Absolutely! I worked at a box plant for a while as a Quality manager (seriously), so I know good corrugated when I see it. And I think the only quality duct tape that comes in colors is Duck Brand. This could be fun!
  12. obi-chris-kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think I'll start on my Jabba. I'll have Dave and Matt Ok any carboard I wish to use. I want this to be official! Can I use any glue, or is it strictly duct tape and stapels? Wouldn't want to break any design rules.
  13. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Speaking for myself I believe any adhesive is great, I would stay away from staples, those come off and you get poked in the wrong place you could be out of commision for a while.
  14. karenec1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I am not sure...I don't know if the cardboard and duct tape are separate groups. We'll leave that up to Dave and Matt.
  15. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll get with Matt on it but I think they would be seperate division. But can be combined if needed.
    Also I remember Matt saying something about the code of conduct while representing the Brigade, he may bring it up at the meeting.
  16. Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Oh yeah, we definately need a "code of conduct" for the brigade. Maybe we could add some type of step system, one could work through the steps as they gain experience.... I'm just concerned about all the newbies playing with staples. Glue is bad enough - but staple infections can kill!:_|

And I do think the cardboard costuming should be seperate from the duct tape division.
  17. skirge5 Jedi Knight

OK so the first duct tape armour i want to make is Jango. That shouldnt be too bad. and alot of fun too
  18. karenec1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought you wanted an imperial guard :D I haven't decided what I am going to do yet. I will have something decided by Sunday I think. If you go to ducktape.com, there are some how to's on making duct tape clothes.
  19. skirge5 Jedi Knight

Oh i know how to make duct tape, its my job. Seriously, the library is paying me to make duct tape things:p. Actualy my friend and I are going to be interviewed by a couple local stations about this, one tv and three radio. Plus we are being sent some stuff by the duct tape company. Basicaly, its all about sheets of tape and shaping from there, always make a little bit so you can trim too.

Oh, i put together a Royal Guard for real. though a red duct tape guard would be cool....
  20. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    The main thing in the code of conduct is to not spill your beer (or soda for those under 21) on your costume. It will make it soggy, and make you look like an amatuer.
  21. jango_junkie Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll do the duct tape thing! I made a hockey net out of duct tape and neting and it worked. I use duct tape for everything: patch holes in the pool, hockey sticks (street hockey sticks that need patching), goal nets, tape old girlfriend's mouths shut, that kind of thing. I'll make a red guard out of it! The only problem will be pulling off the tape, that hurts!
  22. stromtrooper1982 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Suprised none has mentioned the ducktap joke.

"Ducktape is the force, It has a lightside a darkside and the power to bind the universe"

Eh me and latenight jokes........ I-)
  23. Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
  24. karenec1 Jedi Master

star 4
    My favorite duct tape joke ever!
  25. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    That is the best rule I have ever heard Matt.
    So there it is,
    Rule #1 in the Carboard Brigade Code of Conduct: Thou shall not spill thy beer on thy outfit.
    Possible rule #2: Assless pants are stronly encouraged.

We're on our way people.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.