main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for a convention. Help!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Xio-Ra_Tekin, May 8, 2017.

1. Xio-Ra_Tekin

Xio-Ra_Tekin Jedi Master star 1

May 19, 2005
    Hey guys. Haven't posted here in a while. I remember going to a small like toy convention when I was a kid and I've been looking for something similar to go now and bring my son. Just had a bunch of toys and collectibles. It was in Orange County NY. Anyways. I'm looking for something like that if anyone knows of anything or can point me in the right direction. I live in the Northeast. Anything around here would be great. Thank you so much! May the force be with you!

2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Not trying to sound rude or anything, totally trying to help, but a simple google search of "Comic Cons in the Northeast" brings up several results, including one titled Northeast Comic Con. There's New York Comic Con, but that's really popular and sells out fast. I think it was Rhode Island Comic Con that Carrie Fisher went to last year. There's a lot of Cons out there, they're not all called "Comic Con" specifically, but it's a good place to start. "Fan Expo" is another name for some popular Cons. Nowadays it's pretty much the norm for every major city or greater area around a city to hold its own Con. Pretty much type in any city name and Comic Con after it and you're bound to find some kind of event like that. And a lot of them would serve the same kind of purpose as you described. Not sure about specific toy and collectible type events, but again, I'm sure if you search around for it you can find several.

3. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Agreed with MotivateR5D4. Also it seems you might be looking for much smaller cons so I would suggest name of town or area and then just the word con afterwards in your search.

Also just saw that Anthony Daniels is announced at the Boston con if you are interested or close to that.