main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking For A Decent Zombie PC Game.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Uncle_Owen_Kenobi, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Note: Just to nip the inevitable RE suggestion in the bud. I'm looking for a pure Zombie game something akin to "Dawn Of The Dead". No giant spiders or mutant plants. Just mindless Zombies

Just started working my way through "The Walking Dead" comic and have a craving for zombies. Are there any decent games with just masses of zombies walking around? A while ago I saw a Zombie FPS called "Zombies" that looked interesting. It dealt with Zombie hunters cleaning up the world after the infestation. But I can't find any current news on it. I'm guessing it got canned. Are there any current or old PC games based on just blasting away legions of undead?

The only thing I have been able to find is a shareware game: Zombie Exterminator

2. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    Half Life 1 and 2
    Doom 1,2 and 3

3. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
    Heh, I put that note at the beginng of the thread to avoid suggestions like Half Life or Doom. I'm looking for a full on Zombie game. No mutants, demons or aliens. Just a world over run with the living dead. Still can't find anything. :(

4. Emperor_Joe

Emperor_Joe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Thats a big problem. Zombies just do not have a game to themseleves. No SH, FPS, RPG, Fighting, Sim, Puzzle solveing, ect, have just zombies. The creators use zombies as basic grunts and build up to some more nasty things down the road.

5. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    House of the Dead?

Or its cousin Typing of the Dead...

6. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Mario 3 has undead Koopas on some of the dungeon levels, although I guess they are technically skeletons.

7. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Blood maybe? You can kick Zombies heads like soccer balls in that I think. Though maybe they were demons. I forget.

8. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
  9. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
    Cool, I completley forgot about "House Of The Dead".

Syntax, I was already looking at "Zombies" but I havent seen anything new on that game in months. I think it might have been canned. :( And neither Stubs or the Romero games will be out for some time. You get an A for effort though. :p Stubbs should be pretty fun when it does come out.

10. Emperor_Joe

Emperor_Joe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    House of the Dead?

I played that, doesn't it have like vampires and black holes too?

11. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
    Don't know. Never played them all the way through. Wouldn't surprise me. But it's looking like my only real option for a Zombie PC game at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.