main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for a little help...

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Malterlan, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malterlan

Malterlan Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2007
    Hi, I've recently been playing around with blender and some other things. I was wondering if any one around here can help me rig a couple models from sci fi 3d, to add the armatures, so I can add them. My attemtps have failed and I really would like to be able to experiment with some shots.

If you can help, please do. I used to post at blenderwars.com and I feel that the users REALLY deserve people to start making contributions in the character section. Blender is an awesome tool, but very few people actually now how to use such a great tool and documentation and other things are pretty scarce :(

Thanks in advance.

2. adrien

adrien Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2006
    A long time ago (in a galaxie far far away), I used blender. I have ever done a rig to a character. but I don't now if I remind how to do that ! lol

3. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    Yea, I would have to dissagree with the last two statements
    Alot of people know how to use blender, heres a forum for ya: http://blenderartists.org/forum/

Their is alot of documentation for blender
    1)BSOD-Blender Summer of Documentation
    2)Blender Wiki Main Page
    3)Blender.org tutorials

I got a PM from someone else for this very same issue, I just need to know if you are wanting to add a armature to a character or a ship, and how much blender knowledge do you have.

Bruce

4. Malterlan

Malterlan Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2007
    Its to a character, one of the Stormtroopers and Battle droids on the SCIFI3D page, and seriously, there a lot of people who know how to use a pirate version of 3ds max than blender, I know because I am on a 3D modeling board for games, and only once in a blue moon does a blender user post something.

I know the basics of armatures, but everytime I start, half way through the rigging, some how it all gets screwed up and hay wire. I keep checking the vertice groups, but they're ok, something having to do with the limbs I say.

If you know of any already converted and rigged stormtroopers and battledroids, that would be cool, and save me a lot of time.

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.