main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for a score like "The Village" but with piano

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by StickGuyProductions, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StickGuyProductions

StickGuyProductions Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2007
    Ok, so in M. Night Shyamalan's "The Village," the score was made mostly of mysterious melodies and simple riffs on violins and other stringed instruments. I'm looking for a score from another film that is similar, but with the piano. This is the type of music I'm searching for for my current film. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    This has nothing to do with fan films or filmmaking. Changing the title to something more descriptive, then moving it to the Music forum.

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. StickGuyProductions

Feb 1, 2007
    Ah, sorry. I forgot there was a film music forum. It's been a while. thanx

4. rogrdashrubber

rogrdashrubber Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2005
    What exactly are you looking for? In track 4 of the village, "Those We Don't Speak Of", there is a wonderful piano part (brief it may be) at time marker 3:17. Are you familiar with that part, and is that somewhere along the lines of what you are looking for?

5. StickGuyProductions

Feb 1, 2007
    I'm pretty open about it. That part you mentioned isn't near long enough though. I'm just looking for a soundtrack that contains mysterious and almost dark-sounding piano melodies. I need it for a suspense/thriller type film.

6. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    You could also try asking some of the composers here if they would like to help out. I know we have a few guys that are getting started with film composition. I obviously can't speak for them, but that's an idea as well.

I can't think of any piano-centric suspense scores at the moment.

7. StickGuyProductions

Feb 1, 2007
    Well, I've been a pianist for 12 years and could easily write a few pieces, but I do lack the proper equipment to get good sounding recordings of myself lol. That's why I thought finding a film score might be the easiest solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.