main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for a very special edition of Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Green Gogol, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Green Gogol

Green Gogol Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 11, 2014
    Years ago, I bought the movie Alien on DVD, and one of the most interesting thing about this DVD is that you can watch the movie with only the music. No dialogue, no sound effect. It doesn't work too well with Alien because there are big parts of the movie with no music, but it's a great idea.

Is there something similar for the Star Wars movies?

2. fuzzbox77

fuzzbox77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2008
    The only problem with the Alien Isolated Score (including Aliens) on DVD/Blu-Ray is that it's not the movie version of the score.

They wouldn't do it with SW as Lucas knew the score projected the movie beyond the storytelling. Although the isolated score with the OT is (or was) available on Youtube.

3. Green Gogol

Green Gogol Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 11, 2014
    Mmmm, so I would need to make my own them.

4. fuzzbox77

fuzzbox77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2008
    You might have to. There was one that appeared a while back online but has since disappeared I saw through T'Bone's Star Wars Universe.

5. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I tried it once with TPM and the ultimate soundtrack release but was such a faff trying to get it to sync. Not entirely sure why I bothered, I know the film so well I could've just listened to the soundtrack and played it in my head :p

Green Gogol likes this.
  6. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Lucas talks about making ANH work like a silent film. It would be nice to be able to watch the films with the isolated score. I wish more films had that option. I know the Oblivion blu-ray has that option, but that movie bored the crap out of me.

Green Gogol likes this.
  7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I know this isn't exactly the same thing, but you might enjoy Star Wars: a musical journey. It was something that was released around the time of episode III. (I think it may have come as a bonus disc with the ROTS soundtrack… I might be wrong but I think that's it.)

AnyWhoo, like I said it's not really the same thing, but it is actually very enjoyable – a montage of short clips, pictures and scenes, patterned in a sequence along with John Williams' score from each corresponding episode.)

Mr. K likes this.