main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for a Writer for a Star Wars Fan Film

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Matney, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Matney

Matney Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2013
    Hey, everyone! I'm currently looking for a screenwriter for my next project: a Star Wars fan film. If you'd like to see some of my previous work, please look here: http://www.youtube.com/user/DrewMatneyFilms

A little more info on myself, I'm currently attending a local university and studying in video production and computer science. I've written and directed several short comedic films on a very low budget with little resources, but a while back I decided I was ready to take a bigger step and make a serious Star Wars film that would be about 45 minutes long.

Next thing you're probably wondering is if I have any storyline ideas, and well, I did. I worked with another writer who wrote me this great script about a year ago that featured the Solo kids on Yavin IV. It fit right in with my locations and cast, and well, Episode VII was announced, so I decided I needed a different story idea. I even thought of a Boba Fett film, but now there are rumors that Disney's making one. I'm really open to different ideas, but let me throw out some important info that might get some wheels turning. It would have to feature a predominantly young cast. With actors anywhere from their late teens to early-mid twenties, but I'm sure I could round up an older actor or two if it was a small part. Locations would include mostly forests, fields, caves/rocky areas, ponds, and possibly a desert.

I had another idea of the story featuring four main characters. Three Jedi that escaped from the Temple during Vader's attack have taken refuge on a forest planet. Then, a dark Jedi trained by Vader is sent to kill them. I thought that was a little too short and just not very interesting! So, I'm pretty clueless as far as a storyline at the moment or where this story would take place within the Star Wars timeline. Most of my own ideas have been contradicted in some way or just don't sound good enough.

Sadly, there would be no compensation for working on this script and no other crew or cast member will be paid.

Anyone interested in helping out?

2. Oscar Lowe

Oscar Lowe Jedi Knight

Sep 3, 2013
    I will try and think of something. I am having ideas already.

3. Oscar Lowe

Oscar Lowe Jedi Knight

Sep 3, 2013
    I also do 3D animation. I could provide green screen backgrounds or perhaps even vehicles?

4. Oscar Lowe

Oscar Lowe Jedi Knight

Sep 3, 2013
    Let me know if you are still doing this because I just had an idea.