main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for activities for our Chapter

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by jedimelis, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimelis

jedimelis Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Seeing as we are now in the post movie phase it is no wonder that Star Wars isn't as hot as it was this time last year. I have noticed that activities in many chapters have hit a slump and was looking for a way to get people involved and excited again.

I have recently been appointed interim Chancellor of my Chapter because our previous Chancellor was just too busy with his Galaxies job.

Currently the Austin Chapter is active as far as Miniatures Gaming is concerned. But thats about it. I am not admitting that we are slow or anything, but I can see that the Fan Force in general is kinda slow right now.... do we have any things we can do as an overall FanForce group or are there any ideas that we could use? I remember the Vader Tour was awesome and we had a blast with him... is there any similar type of thing that we can do????

Just brainstorming ....

2. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Our chapter hasnt slowed down just because SW hype has died. The best premise to run your chapter IMHO is to treat it as a group of friends that have a common interest in SW.. we do bowling nights, get together to see other movies, appear in costumes for charity events or just have monthly meetings in a park or at one of our members houses. Not everything HAS to be about SW in the group.. Its up to you as CR to expand your group & get fresh faces involved..
    Our group is getting larger & more active if anything.

Best of luck!! ;)

3. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005

so what would be the best way of going about this? putting flyers and things up in sci-fi shops etc? going to cons and doing the footwork etc and spreading the good word?

retaining new members seems to be the hardest thing to acheive TBH.

4. jedimelis

jedimelis Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks for the suggestions... I have been putting out the information in some online communities. I definitely agree with you guys on the new member front, I know that when I was new I got people all excited about costuming, but with busy schedules and different skill levels ... people lost interest.

We've done a lot of that social stuff not always that popular.... but I am planning a farewell for our founder..... Parties work best.

I think I'll do some footwork these next few days and get out some fliers.... thanks for the reminder... New membership is key... it even helps to retain current members...

5. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    We are having the most trouble with recruiting new members. Nothing seems to work for us. All our current members are devoted and plan on sticking around. We have tried the fliers and general word of mouth but nothing seems to work. Any other ideas.

6. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    Get out in public (in costume) for a charity event.
    If you've got Jedi or Troopers with half decent costumes, people will walk over to get their photos taken with you.. hand out flyers about yourselves & attract new members that way..

Works for us.

;) Good luck.

7. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    We tried that for the DVD release and didn't have to much luck. We might just be in a bad location. I just know there are more fans out there.

8. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    What IS your location ?

What does the "OR" stand for ir "ORFF" ?

9. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Well the OR is Outer Rim. We are the Southern New Mexico FF covering Alamogordo, Las Cruces, and El Paso (even though it is in TX). So we have a military town, a college city, and a decent sized city.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.