main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

looking for any interested f/x peeps

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by oorat, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oorat

oorat Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2003
    no, not the little easter candy guys. im a fan. a fan on a mission. i want to make a farscape fan film. im slowly putting it together now. writing, getting people to help out, ala, actors, costumers, and f/x people. im intent on filming next summer. it gives me a big enough time frame to fully plan out and pay for everything i need to pay for. i cant afford a whole lot so i would love to find someone willing to volunteer their expertise to the cgi i know im gonna need. and i thought where better then here to ask for help. the main things i want to have done are a couple virtual sets(green screen actors and plop em in somewhere that doesnt exist, for a few shots, they can static and not move, and ships in space, laser blasts, blaster shots, and im sure a few other things that wont come to mind till post production. so please, if anyone is interested at all, you can reach me at oorat@hotmail.com

2. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    There are many different ideas as to when to ask for effects workers. Some say now, when you are getting ready to throw yourself into the throes of your preproduction development period.

Others say after every frame of film (let's be realistic -- video) has been shot.

For me personally, I say show me a script, and we'll go from there. I'm always interested in working on a promising feature, but it's the script that makes the promises.

M. Scott

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I'd probably wait until I had something to show (something good) before asking for the CG guys on here to help...most of them won't take you seriously and think this is just another fan project that won't get off the ground. When I have my film (yes mike, video) shot, hopefully it will be something that they'll want to be a part of. I mean good enough that mike and ryan see it and come running and asking to do the lightsabers and such ;)

Maybe it won't happen that way, but if not, I'll still find someone who can do the 3d fx for me, and I can always roto the sabers myself if it comes to that. *shrug*

But like Mike said above, some guys will be satisfied to jump onboard with a good, solid script.

All that said, if you want any help writing the script or just getting ideas or help working through ideas, give me a shout and I'll see what I can do. I'd love to see a good Farscape fanfilm made. Loved the show (and miss it sorely).

4. oorat

oorat Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2003
    working on it now(the script), the main reason for posting now is an attempt at just getting some interested people, ive got alot of time between now and then(filming date). it always pays to have people who are interested knowing about things ahead of time even when things go south, cause when it does work, you got people who actually want and enjoy it. and dont take this as ass kissing, your ryan vs dorkman is the best lightsaber duel ive seen.

5. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    best effects in a ls duel, I'd agree. but watch art of the saber... it's outstanding. (not bagging on you mike, just giving props to the hos)

edited for spelling ;)

6. oorat

oorat Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2003
    art of saber it great. a great fight sequence, that was well choreographed and performed. but the thing with RvsD was that it had a proffessional look thanx to the camera work, and the intelligence put into certian details. my roommates cheered when the lightsaber got knocked away, and actually saying "come on, turn it on, turn it on" as ryan was about to grab the saber and right before mike ignited it. my roommate does love AoS alot tho, he watches it fairly often.

7. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Nice idea to show a script first, as DorkmanScott pointed out.

Having a script ready is a minimum expectation for a serious attempt at a film, sort of like how having a resumé is a minimum expectation for a serious job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.