main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for anyone intrested in helping make a star wars game....

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Luke_Sparkewalker, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    We the designer has DB, I might ask him about it. Thanks.

After I finish work tonight I'll post most of our ideas to give a little more info. We were thinking the same with a Demo stage. We are going to to Mos Eisely (Well as much as we can) including the cantina. At least its not the whole grand storyline (which there is) bust at the same time it's not a small, dull stage.

Thanks guys

2. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    You should PM me with details. I'm betting I could really help you out.

3. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    I'm sololy a writer and I know your doing that...but if you need any story line help pm me and I'll do my best...

4. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    Ok, this is where we're at so far story wise.

You play as a stormtrooper officer(unnamed). Loyal. Non Clone.

You have been dispatched to Tatooine, mos eisliy, to help maintain Law and Order with a fellow officer(unnamed).

So far you have 4 missions (and two bonus missions) Some including manning the checkpoint, stop smuggling in a daocking bay and working with Jabba. To activate the missions you go to the imperial garrison base and talk to your commander.

During "action missions" it is in FPS mode and you have the visor as in Republic commando IE:death stick dealings: Your squad bursts through doors of tatooine's back ally's in FPS to find dealers, hackers getting into the empires computers, twi'leks table dancing etc.

You can otherwise roam free around the streets, cantina, docking bay, vehicles etc.

After finishing the missions you get promoted and shiped off planet

Tatooine is the demo stage we are going to tackle first(or at least part of)

In the actul storyline you and your partner get shipped to Alderaan to investergate rebel activity connected to the royal family.
    This is more free roaming through the streets of the pristine planet looking for clues to the spies. There are 2 in town one out in the plains and the final one is in the snowy mountains(snowtroopers :D )
    While your here you have the chance to fall in love with an alderaanian(sp?) - this is where two differant endings come in.

After you have all the spies you are shipped off and you hear vader captured the princess.

You are shipped to the final planet (still working on which planet) to rat out a rebel base, where you find out Alderaan has been destoryed
    Your mood/diologe in this bit depends on what path you follwed with the alderaan chick - Angry/don't care.
    Your partner then reveals that he is in fact working for the rebels and offers you to join - you can choose to kill him/turn him in/join him.

The final battle you fight as either stormtrooper and wipe out the rebels or a rebel and help them escape the planet in time depending on what you choose.

So, that's where we are. We are about to start on Mos Eisliy. I have voice actors. Thanks for thos who have pm'ed me I'll get back to you asap.

5. agap_afima

agap_afima Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 2005
    Sounds like a wonderful idea. As I told you in my PM, I'm available.

6. TheOffice

TheOffice Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2006
    I'm no good at programming, but I can write scripts or design characters or something.

Hear, Hear! Lol, I'm pretty much the same.

7. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    I think we could actually do this with my FPS program, which would be much easier, and get the game done (or at least the demo) done quickly. Though as for an entire game, you realize this is a lot of time directed at something that cannot be sold orr anything. Sure you'll have a game, but you can't get anything for it. Just a note. I mean, I say we work on the demo then see what you think. If it's good enough, maybe lucasarts will buy it off us :p

8. TheOffice

Jan 11, 2006
    Yeah I think we should use an FPS maker thingy

9. agap_afima

Dec 19, 2005
    Would the FPS maker have the third-person mode?

10. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    This sounds a lot like Bounty Hunter.

11. GrandAdmiralJeff

GrandAdmiralJeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2005
    sounds pretty cool, when do u expect to have something ready for us to download and try?

12. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    ^^ Let's trry strting first...

Anyway, yes, I'm almost positive the FPS Maker has a 3rd person view.

13. agap_afima

Dec 19, 2005
    What is your FPS program called?

14. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    hmmm...FPS Creator, heres a link to their site:

http://www.fpscreator.com/

demo version on that...can't export files...

15. agap_afima

Dec 19, 2005
    Wow, that looks like a very interesting program...

I hope Luke_Sparkewalker gets back to us...

16. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    Wow, that FPS program looks good, I'll have to get it.

My developer has to finih his latest game, which will be next week, then he'll foucs on this but what does everyone here need to know. I guess we all have to decide on a program? People who want to do the modeling can start sooner though, right? (Just making sure :) don't like to step on toes lol)

17. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    You need to get some structure to this. First off, can we see what your guy has done before? Second, who is doing what jobs? What models are needed? Animations? Who can use FPS Maker to design. I'm buying it pretty soon, I've been messing around with the demo, and I should be pretty good on it.

18. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    it's currently available for free on the front of PC magazines here (UK)

19. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Damn, I'm in the US...

20. agap_afima

Dec 19, 2005
    Same here...
    GRR...:mad:

21. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    Ok, what we're going to do is we'll design the levels and such here as my guy has spent thousands on this stuff and knows what he's doing with his C script and what not...we still need some model makers which I'll post a list to anyone still interested.

After we've done the demo anyone then can join the team in a larger capacity if your happy with our work. I understand everyone wants to see what we've done first so this will be the easiest way :)

Thanks

22. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Again, can we see what this giy has done before? Not to question your guy, but I know a fair bit of programming too, and don't see why C would be your first choice. It also seems odd to me that he spends thousands on this stuff, yet all he seems to be doing with it is making a game for no profit.

23. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    To be fair, you gotta start somewhere, and an impressive demo reel (such as a Star Wars based concept game) may be a step into the door at a large dev company.

Though I remain as cynical as ever toward this thing ever seeing the light of day. I'm on the Dark Forces Mod for Jedi Academy team that's been going for 4 years now and with 20 or so very talented members. The plot & level design is all done (based on the original Dark Forces) and a Star Wars customised engine (Jedi Academy) is used, and only 3 levels have yet been released (a further 3 looking good for release in mid to late 2006)

24. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    I can design characters if you want.

See my bio for my own drawings and creations.

PM me if your interested in my work. :)

25. TheOffice

Jan 11, 2006
    I would like to help with graphics, I may only be 13 but I'm pretty good at that stuff ( well drawing, and I have a graphics tablet!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.