main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for Christmas tree lights

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by russelguppy, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russelguppy

russelguppy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    Probably not the best time of the year to do this but does anyone have a website or ebay listing for someone in the UK who is selling Hallmark ornaments compatible lights - again I'm in the UK so ideally want UK lights that will allow me to finally see what some of my Hallmark ornaments can actually do - your help is appreciated.

2. russelguppy

Jun 8, 2002
  3. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I thought that I saw Star Wars related Christmas lights on Hot Topic but when I had a look just now there was nothing showing up.

4. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Found them !!!!

on Amazon
    You can also have a look at EntertainmentEarth.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't know if he can use them here in the UK - we have a different power voltage than the US. It might work with a converter but I'd be afraid of fire.

6. russelguppy

Jun 8, 2002
    Thanks for the suggestions but to clarify I'm looking for normal lights that you can take bulbs out of to plug Star wars Hallmark Xmas ornaments in to. Again I'd like them to be UK based to avoid power problems.

7. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Sorry I forgot about the power requirements russelguppy :(

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Have you tried emailing Hallmark Customer Services to see if they have any suggestions?

9. russelguppy

Jun 8, 2002
    Have tried but they don't sell any themselves so at Chistmas I tend to look around for the slowly dwindling supply of old style non-LED lights to find the right kinds of bulbs that can be removed and then Hallmark ornaments can be plugged in but it is difficult to find ones with the right bulb wattage etc.

10. Lexi_Mayn

Lexi_Mayn Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 2, 2011
    After a bit of digging, my safest conclusion is that you should either buy a few light string adapters, or else try this with a string of lights you wouldn't be devastated to lose. If it helps, I know that while they are out of stock at most vendors, they can be found on ebay.

11. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    YEah, I hate the adjustment bit.
    Every time I put up my tree, I end up having to switch the plug end because the socket shape has changed. Fortunately that's pretty easy to do.
    But, that was before LED lights, so I don't know how/if that will work.
    Happy hunting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.