Discussion Looking for collaborator(s) for a sequel to The Dark Knight (Nolan's 2008 Batman film)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by lazykbys_left, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. lazykbys_left Jedi Master

star 4
    As the thread title says, I'm looking for someone to co-author a sequel for Nolan's The Dark Knight. Specifically, I need someone who:

... knows the DC Batman characters well enough to tell me when I'm tweaking the characters too far.
    ... is reasonably familiar with the American justice system and police procedure.
    ... won't hesitate to apply the whip when I start lagging behind. :D

Two themes I'll be working with are the perception of reality and how serious Batman is about not letting people die. 'Course, nothing's carved in stone at the moment - all I have are vaguely connected ideas.

Right now, I'm thinking of this as my starting-off point:

- It is the first December after TDK. The Joker's trial is still ongoing.
    - The deaths of the head mobsters has created a power vacuum in Gotham's criminal underworld, leading to frequent shoot-outs.
    - There is a vigilante group calling themselves the Sons of Batman. So far, they are limiting themselves to nonlethal weapons and tactics.
    - The new DA is young, enthusiastic, and determined to follow in Harvey Dent's footsteps.
    - Reese (the guy who was going to blackmail Bruce Wayne) has become obsessed with his self-appointed mission to clear Batman's name.
    - The Chinese mafia has hired an assassin to kill the Joker to avenge Lau's death.
    - It is revealed that the Joker did not burn all of his "half" (see A Simple Trick for details :D )

The following Batman characters may be included in one form or another:

- Penguin
    - Riddler
    - Talia al Ghul
    - Robin

If anyone's interested or has any questions, please post a reply in this thread or send me a PM. :)

- lazy
  2. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    Darn.
    That's not so me.:oops:

So what?:p
    I'm in.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.