Omaha, NE Looking for cool ppl to hang and do stuff with...

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Tharon, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tharon Jedi Knight

star 1

OK, are you cool? Do you like hanging out with cool people? Well, aside from looking for a new job, I have lots of spare time on my hands, and I'd like to start hanging out with people, doing cool stuff, making deeper friendships, and just having some fun in general.

I'd like to play some board games (Axis and Allies), talk Star Wars (especially in the context that I am considering running my own camp sometime in the future, maybe even the old D6 stuff), and go see the new movie "The Underground" (of course, I pick the side of the vampires, because vampires RULE!).

I enjoy music (listening to it, playing the drums), watching movies (I love almost anything, doesn't HAVE to be Star Wars or sci-fi), playing board games (war games, especially Axis and Allies), astronomy (who doesn't like to watch the stars?--Anakin Skywalker did!), sports (playing and/or watching; I have access to season tickets for Nebraska's home games and am planning on attending at least one game this year), cruising around in the car, good food, intelligent conversation(s), philosophy, role-playing games (would like to start a D6 WEG Star Wars camp or try Vampire: The Masquerade, Top Secret/S.I., Spycraft, or some others), just generally wasting time, and all sorts of other stuff.

Quite plainly, I'm just looking for people that are interested in making a new friend and hanging out amicably to kill time together. I consider myself fun to be around, and aside from being limited by money concerns (after all, I *am* temporarily "in-between" jobs, remember), but I am up for really about anything.

I'm spoiling for a good game of Axis and Allies (I'll teach you how to play if you don't know) or just someone that can carry on a halfway-intelligent conversation.

I kind of feel a bit left out because it seems that so many people in our "group" are 911 dispatchers for Douglas County, and I can't really relate to the conversations that inevitably come up about the people and things that occur in that framework. I feel on the outside looking in as far as that's concerned.

Well, that's just some venting, I guess, and people will probably make fun of this thread, but I really don't care. I'm just looking for some more friends that share common interests so I don't have to be bored and feel my brain rot away all the time. There is nothing worse than boredom, and I would appreciate it if people wanted to get together and just do some fun things, like I used to do back in the day at school, etc.

Even if people just want to go to Wal-Mart, or Krypton Comics, and check out some of the new Star Wars stuff--just gimme a call and I'll be glad to tag along!

Make of this as you will, but I knew I would never get anywhere unless I took a chance and posted publicly to make this offer. People can make fun all they want, but this is something I really want, and you never get what you want if you don't at least try to ask!

Anxiously awaiting positive responses, and please keep the insults to a minimum if possible. This is a serious topic for me, and I don't need a whole lot of self-esteem attacks about it. I'm already discouraged about the job hunt as it is.

Looking forward to making some deeper friendships in the meantime, and thanks for reading and responding!

CHRIS ARMIGER
    Phone: (402) 334-8969 (you can call anytime between 8 AM and 10 PM; answering machine is available for messages)
    E-mail: Roger_Clemens_12@yahoo.com
    TFN handle for PMs: Darth_Tharon
    Any other info you need is pretty much available upon request.

P.S. Any fellow Dark Siders who would care to band together for mutual training in the ways of the Sith and the Dark Side would be EXTRA cool in my book . . . ! I'm looking for an apprentice to train, or a Master to learn from.

P.P.S. I am also looking for people to go running with, work out at a gym with, practice my martial arts with, start writing and filming
  2. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Your gonna hate me for this, but hey, I'm evil...

Two quotes came to mind here....

"Its all Obi-Wans fault! He's holding me back!"

and

"Awwww. Cannot get your ship out."

Muwahahahahahaaa
  3. sith_itch Jedi Knight

star 1
    "Aren't you a little whiny for a Sith?"

Ok, not really a quote, but a paraphrase.
  4. wundermutt Jedi Knight

star 1
    really depends on your definition of cool. i think i'm the coolist thing since sliced sith.

cool people play axis and allies?
  5. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    And your about as effective, too....."Runaway!! Runaway!!"
  6. Darth_Tharon Jedi Knight

star 1

Aha! I see I have some ready volunteers for my lightsaber training techniques. It DOES get boring practicing against droids all the time...!

Yes, I am cool, and I do play Axis and Allies. I'd really like to get about 2-3 people interested in playing a game about 1-2 times a month. I don't want to get real intensive with it, unless people like it and decide they want to. And to paraphrase Raistlin Majere, I'm looking for intelligent people to play, so the people in THIS group should be safe.

OK, I'll bite. Where does the paraphrase "You're pretty whiny for a Sith" come from? I couldn't place it, and I don't want to rack my brain for the next several days trying to find out.

And think what you like, but it's not being whiny. It is simply making a request and asking for what you want. It's called "assertive communication," and only self-actualizing people attempt it. There's a difference, although I know it's subtle enough that YOU probably couldn't pick up on it. I didn't really expect much of a response, but hey, I got more than I would have by posting nothing at all!

I'm not hurt about it, being pissy about it, or angry. I enjoy the snide comments and the jokes, and it's all cool. Still, I AM being serious about it, so if you wanna hang out and make a new and fun friend, the offer's on the table...thanks for at least taking the time to make fun of me about the post! =)

Darth Tharon, Sith Lord Apprentice
    (and Prospective Mentor to Wundermutt)
    *cackles evilly* ;)

7. TK750 Jedi Knight

star 1
    So, who's this new and fun friend? Will they be there with you if we decide to play Axis & Allies with you? or is this the "New and fun friend" that you were talking to in the bathroom at Mark's the other night?
  8. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Goodness gracious me!

And sith_itchs paraphrase is the classic "Arent you a little short for a stormtrooper?"
  9. Darth_Tharon Jedi Knight

star 1

Naw, that "new and fun friend" I was talking to in Mark's bathroom was, uh, my "lightsaber." Yeah, that's it. I was "practicing my lightsaber techniques" at the time. Yeah, that's it. I've been working on how to get the power cell to last longer.

Yah, I figured out that paraphrase about 1:15 this morning, shortly after I logged off the boards. It just didn't immediately register, y'know?

Well, my self-esteem is gone. You may all stand down and return to your normal duty stations now... ;)

10. sith_itch Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dude, how could you not get that paraphrase?? A truly cool person would have gotten it instantly. I mean really, Mark did. Are you sure you're a Star Wars fan??
  11. Darth_Tharon Jedi Knight

star 1

Sith_Itch, please read my previous post (above). I have already explained that I did get the quote, and that I "got it" almost instantly. At 1:15 in the morning we don't all function at 100%, and I simply didn't feel like logging back on immediately just to say that I had indeed gotten it and that I didn't need any further clarification of the issue.

As Grand Moff Tarkin says, this bickering is pointless. I don't have to prove to anyone that I am one of the biggest STAR WARS fans there are out there.

Attempting to have command of the facts helps a lot before you try to cut other people down. Period. Paragraph. End of statement.

And since when has it been decided that MARK was cool? I think we need to re-evaluate the veracity of such carelessly enunciated statements, and subject those making such dubious speech acts to full cavity searches and a complete battery of drug tests. ;)

12. TK750 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dude, how could you not get that paraphrase?? A truly cool person would have gotten it instantly. I mean really, Mark did. Are you sure you're a Star Wars fan?? And judging by how much you wrote, I'm seriously wondering what your definition of "instantly" really is. =P
  13. sith_itch Jedi Knight

star 1
    Aren't you a little sensitive for a Sith?
    Try the decaf, it's breathtaking.
  14. Darth_Tharon Jedi Knight

star 1

OMG. WTF. Whatever.

I guess I'm just not cool. I accept it.

Whatever you guys think is the best. It's your ****in' world, kids. I'm just a squirrel tryin' to get a nut.

Thread ended. Do whatever you like. I'm Audi 5000.

15. TK750 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Haha! I have posted again. This thread is not ended. It lives, damn you. It lives!!!! Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Darth_Tharon Jedi Knight

star 1
    **Checking wrist for pulse. Scanning heart rate monitor, breathing apparatus, etc.**

NURSE: "My God, Doctor, IT'S ALIVE!!"
    DOCTOR: "I--I don't believe it!"
    NURSE: "That . . . is why you fail."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.