main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Looking for costumers/fans in East San Bernardino and Rvierside Counties!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Aden_Skirata, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aden_Skirata

Aden_Skirata Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2009
    Hello,

I'm new to these Forums. My name is PJ Reindel, I costume as A'den Skirata. I am the Personnel Officer for the Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club (= to the LML), I am the Ver'alor (XO) of our Clan (= to Garrison or Squad) and finally am a member of the club's governing council. I am located in Yucca Valley, Ca. which is in Eastern San Bernardino County.

I'm here to extend an Olive Branch and befriend the Rebel Legion, 501st and IEFF as well as to find out if there are any members of these groups in the Morongo Basin (Eastern San Bernardino Co.) or the Coachella Valley (Eastern Riverside Co.).

To my knowledge, there aren't alot of profile events out this way. I typically have to commute one and a half to three hours one way to attend events and I'm sure if there are any Legion members out this way you're in the same boat. We're able to get the occassional small local parade, video game release, armor party, photoshoot etc. but they are small and infrequent.

To my knowledge, there is only 1 comic book store in the area, in Palm Desert Ca., that occassionally does events. In the past, I've heard them host events with Darth Vader and Stormtroopers. Sadly, I wasn't able to attend in or out of costume so I have no idea if they were 501st Legion members or not or what the quality of their kits were. I also don't know if there were any Rebel characters there. I was assuming/hoping that if they were 501st or Rebel Legion members they lived in the area, as it's a long commute for a small event in a backwater area.

My hope is that if there are any members out this way, we can establish communication, perhaps meet and share small local events to hopefully benefit both clubs and establish a larger costuming base.

I have been in communication with Dazz on the 501st boards, from the Inland Empire Squad, and seem to be building a good report. I have also sent a PM to Cerillo, a Darth Vader/ESB Fett in Palm Springs, and am hoping to develop a good report with him as well. I've also been getting some warm welcomes from the Rebel Legion!

I look forward to hearing from members here!

Some of you may have seen me or/and trooped with me at the Fanboys Premiere in Hollywood, the Fanboys DVD Release in Hollywood and SDCC09. For those of you that have and for those of you that haven't, here I am!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    A'den

2. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Hi! Welcome to the IEFF!! I saw you had posted on the Sunrider Base boards too.
    It's nice to see new people on the boards.
    Hopefully, I'll get to meet you soon.
    If you haven't already, check out the CHOC Walk thread and the Victorville Christmas Parade thread. Those are our next big events.
    Cheers!
    Nikol aka jedi_onasi

3. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    :) Welcome to our group. I've sent you a PM with my contact info. Please feel free to view the IEFF Photo Album link at the top of this page to see all that we do. We like to stay involved and do lots of fun stuff. So again, welcome to our group, we look forward to meeting with you soon.

4. Aden_Skirata

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks for the welcome. I got your PM however, it said I don't qualify for sending PM's yet?

So, here we go...

Hello I'll be sure to give you a call. Let me know the best time(s) to call. I work as a Police K9 Handler out in Cathedral City and I work weekend nights, tonight being my Monday. I'm either usually sleeping the day away or at work when most people are available. It's the funnest time to work but, it forces me to burn my vacation time for events and get togethers.

I'm not sure how much you may be aware of the Mercs but, I'll give it to you in a Nutshell. We an LFL recgonized group just like the 501st and Rebel Legion. However, we are much newer and smaller. We started just over 2 years ago. At the time, we pretty much allowed anyone or anything calling itself a custom Mandalorian (BTW, we are the group for custom Mandos although we do accept the 501st Mandalorians as well using the same CRLs). Over time, we have raised our quality standards considerably. In April of this year we approved our 200th Official Member and we are currently 2 away from our 250th. We have Clans/Squads (like a 501st Garrision but much smaller) in many countries around the world. We've been lucky enough to get a few LFL invites to events and we hope to get some more with the new Mando's appearing in TCW this season. We've also gotten a few events that we've passed on to the 501st and RL. Most notibly early this year while looking for events, I ended up directed to Ernie Kline and Kyle Newman for the Hollywood Fanboys Premiere. Unfortunatly, this caused a little feather ruffling with the 501st as they had been invited by the promoter and it was an Official event. We were invited by the writer and producer. They were limited on number of invites and we were told to come one come all. We got that all smoothed out and then when the Hollywood DVD Release of the movie came along I was contacted by Kyle NEwman again to attend. We passed the invite to both Legions an dI think that went a long ways to make friends.

Anyway, I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan and just got into costuming a couple years ago btu, it now consumes my life! LOL. I'm basically here, and on several other boards, trying to build strong pathways but more specifically to find costumers or interested costmers near me in Yucca Valley, Palm Springs areas to help generate some events out this way.

I've gotten a couple of unofficial invites to the Victorville Christmas Parade and we'd really love to attend. But, I don't really know who is in charge and I don't think the head honcho has made the invite yet. I posted in the parade thread that we'd love to be there but so far no one has responded. If we are invited, questions I have are how many of us would you like need? and, could we invite members from our LA Clanas well?

Thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward to a long and friendly relationship with the IEFF!

A'den/PJ Reindel
    www.mandalorianmercs.com

5. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I believe you have to post at least 10 times before you can reply to a PM. I know, it's weird that it's set up that way but that's how it's always been. Being that I stay up late, you can call me when it's easier for you, if that works, as I don't mind.

The neat thing about this group is that if someone brings up an event, regardless of their title, they're usually the one who is "in charge" per say. Nobody is stepping on anyones foot. What I'm trying to say is that Kari (jedifan77) invited you and that's totally cool as we trust her judgement:D

Looking forward to speaking with you and talking with you about your costuming. Call me whenever you can.

6. Aden_Skirata

Oct 6, 2009
    very cool. is saturday a good day to call? probably sometime between say noon and 3pm?

7. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Yeah, that's totally fine. Talk with you then.

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    You have to have 20 posts to be able to send PMs.

There's a thread in the Welcome New Users board that allows you to just post 20 times or however many you need to obtain 20 posts. ;)
    Link to the Thread

9. Aden_Skirata

Oct 6, 2009
    sorry i didn't call man. i worked a few hours of ot last night and slept the day away. woke up just in time to shower and head to work.

10. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    :) No problem...call whenever you get a chance. Talk with you then.

11. Aden_Skirata

Oct 6, 2009
    Sorry I havent called. The flu has been making it's way through the house. I've either been sick or taking care of sick people. It's beena fun couple weeks!

Anyway, can you re-pm me your number? I'll try to call you in the next day or two.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.