main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Looking for EVERYBODY'S input on our Edmonton FanForce advertisement poster...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Since Terry hasn't been around for a couple of weeks now, I took it upon myself to create a "one sheet" poster for our FanForce that we can post around Edmonton, and hopefully generate some intrest in our Chapter.

This is by no means a final draft, I can make all sorts of changes to it, whatever you guys think would be best.

The jpg image can be found at this link. The page may take a couple extra seconds to load if you are on dial up.

So what would you like to see changed? What would you like to see stay the same?
    Do you want to take a crack at creating one yourself?
    Any and ALL input is greatly appreciated!!!!

May the Force be with you all,

Indy

2. _Emerald_

_Emerald_ Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2002
    HiI thought it was pretty good.

3. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    Poster looks great but I'd put more spaces between the words cause it's a little hard to read unless it prints differently.

Hey Emerald, How YOU doin?

woah Joey moment, wierd.

4. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Thanks...

Yeah I noticed that too.. weird effect with the Episode I font... but I didn't want to mess with it too much until it is decided exactly what we should put there... :)

Indy

5. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Is there anyway for me to upload a picture, if I do not have my own website to post it on?

The idea is not bad, but I think we need something simpler, which grabs their attention. Kind of like a recruitment poster for the Imperial Forces....

6. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    It needs to be short and sweet, and catches their attention....draws them in so to speak.

[image=http://www.darkepages.mcmail.com/starwars/images/Vader%20(41.2KB).jpg]

Something like this with our URL on the bottom (http://www.edmontonfanforce.cjb.net/).

7. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    ROFLMAO...

That is GREAT!!!!! I love it!!!! Did you make that one yourself? That is classic!!!!

Indy

Oh, and if you want some webspace, go over to angelfire.com and grab some free... :)

Just make sure that when you link to pictures there, they are on a page, not just the picture, or it will simply show up as a "Image hosted by Angelfire" logo.

8. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Okay I changed it up a bit...

[image=http://www.telusplanet.net/public/indigo15/recruitmentposter.jpg]

What do you all think? Any changes?

And do you think we should do a Rebellion one as well?

Indy

9. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Would it be possible to add that aurabesh font as a shadow?
    It looks pretty good otherwise, and it might be fun to make a Rebel one as well.

10. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    That looks reminiscent of the Quad cities one. The only difference is that they had a stormtrooper with balster drawn on either side of Vader.

You might want to say at the bottom, for more info e-mail, this guy.

11. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah, I'll add that in tonight and make a second one, I just wasn't sure how well it would show up on a photocopy/print.

I think an email address won't be as effective as just going to the website... we gotta hook em and get em into the boat fast, don't want to give them a chance to break the line... :D

Indy

12. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    I've made a few more variations. I won't be able to post them until monday however.

13. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Sounds good Darth Haggis... if you want to email them to me, I can get em up sooner if you like...

I'm going to maybe try to make a Rebel one this weekend sometime, if I can find the time... between work, kids, and the wife's birthday... :)

Indy

14. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    The pictures are up.
    Check them out here.

15. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Just took a quick peek at them (running a bit behind for work today) and they look great!!!!

Indy

16. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I think this is the best of the Empire bunch without a doubt (great work!!!!!) I modified it just a weeeeeeee bit, by adding in a couple of Star Destroyers, since they are the symbol of the Imperial Navy.

Take a Look!!!!

I wanted to put in a Super Star Destroyer, but couldn't find any decent pictures of them that would look good. :)

Just working on another Rebellion one right now, i'll post it up when I have it done.

Indy

17. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Okay I completed my Rebel one as well, but I wasn't sure what to put for the "join" message, so if you guys have any better suggestions, I can change what is there lickety split.

View it here

Anybody have any other suggestions as to what type of posters we could make? If you don't have the means to make it yourself, I am sure that with your ideas, Darth_Haggis or I could whip it up... :)

Indy

18. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    "I was wondering if you could come up with a line something like: "Only you can help save the galaxy" or something....

Also, would it be possible to flip or rotate one of those star destroyers? It just doesn't look quite real enough when they are both orientated the exact same way....

19. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Okay I changed the orientation of one of the Star Destroyers... only reason I had them pointing the same way was so that they would be in "formation" with the TIE fighter... :)

You can view the new one here

Indy

20. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I think they look pretty good. I think the one with Obi-Wan is great. But that could be because he's one of my favorite characters and I'm scottish lol.....nah lol.

21. _Emerald_

_Emerald_ Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2002
    Indy I like them all but my favorite is the last one with Vader and the storm troopers

22. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah, Darth Haggis did a GREAT job on that one... :)

I like that one, and I do like the Rebel one I made :p just because of the X-Wings on it, as that was one of my favorite ships when I was a kid, and I think they look cool in that picture... :)

Indy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.