main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for feedback on a couple story ideas (take 2)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Rennick, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rennick

Rennick Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2005
    Note: I know I posted this here and then moved it to the "Our Jedi Council board" Like the FAQ told me to, but they told me to move it back here so..

I?m new here and I?ve got a few ideas for some Star Wars fics to write and was hoping for some input before I started. I?ve had the idea for the first one for a long time, the second one is brand new.

One choice, one decision can change everything?

Following the events of the battle of Geonosis Anakin Skywalker is faced with the most difficult choice of his life. Torn between his faith in the Jedi Order and his love for Padme Amidala, Anakin finds himself at a crossroads that will eventually lead him down the dark path.

But what if a different choice had been made?

Seeking advice from Master Yoda Anakin makes the greatest sacrifice for the woman he loves and renounces his status within the order days before he is supposed to face the trials of a Jedi. Forsaking the order and turning his lightsaber over to his masters Anakin leaves the Temple and Coruscant to forge a new life with the woman who has taken his heart. To this day his former teacher, Obi-Wan Kenobi has kept his apprentice?s lightsaber close to him.

Three years have passed since that moment and the Clone Wars are still raging throughout the galaxy. When the planet of Naboo becomes a critical battleground in the war, General Kenobi is chosen to lead the Republic?s fleet in the campaign. However upon entering the Naboo system the fleet is ambushed, only to be saved by a squadron of Naboo fighters, led by none other than Anakin Skywalker.

A story of revelations and different paths when Anakin is again confronted by the duties of his past and must choose whether or not he will take up his lightsaber to defend against the evils of the galaxy, both physical and within himself.

Points of interest:

- Obi-wan and Anakin?s reunion,

- The birth of Luke and Leia

- Anakin?s choice to become a Jedi to help his loved ones

- Anakin not going to the Dark Side (not saying it?ll be easy)

This story idea is a lot less constructed since I?m only just coming up with it now and it needs a lot of work still, so no cool teaser, just some info for criticism.

The story takes place one or two years before NJO should have happened, it just didn?t. not to say I don?t like NJO I just want to write Jedi/Sith and I want to have Anakin Solo ^^;

The basics is that the Sith have returned and a new war will begin between them. I know this has been done before in Young Jedi Knights, but they weren?t really real Sith. I should note though that I am referring to Sith before the time of Darth Bane, so I do mean an army of Dark Jedi.

Since I think I want this to be a larger story it will have multiple focuses, some of the main ones being Jacen, Jaina and Anakin and there transition to Jedi Knights, in fact they?ll most likely become the main characters with people like Luke taking more of a ?Master Yoda? kind of role. The other main focus will be on Jacen and Jaina?s friend Zekk. As far as a I know Zekk never became a Jedi again after YJK, or at least not until NJO. I have an idea for getting him to reluctantly agree to resume training, as Padawan to Kyp Durron.

I know this isn?t much, but any ideas, info or criticism would be appreciated.

And as much for my own use as yours, a list of Jedi and their Padawans plus some reasoning.

Luke Skywalker ? Jacen Solo: Really, this is the obvious one.

Mara-Jade Skywalker ? Jaina Solo: Another obvious one, no major reasoning but they seem to fit.

Kyle Katarn ? Anakin Skywalker: ^_^;; uhh I want Kyle in the story, that and I think their personalities fit. Anakin will become a MAJOR player in this story

Kyp Durron ? Zekk: The one that counts, to save his friends from ambush Zekk takes up Jacen?s lightsaber. Following this Kyp convinces Zekk to become his Padawan. The two have a kinship born from their respective bouts with the Dark Side.

So, What do you think?

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I suggest that you begin writing. You seem very clear in the direction that you wish to take both ideas. I especially look forward to reading the first one. [face_love] It reads to be a really great story. :)

3. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I agree, start writing, run with it, see how far it goes and then get yourself a beta reader

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Welcome Rennick,

As others stated you seem to have a good handle on where you want to go with your ideas. I could suggest a number of places to meet others and get assist. :)

Beta Reader Index

New/Returning Authors

Fanfic Writer's Help and Info Thread

Adopt A Newbie

So What Does It Take To Get Others Tp Read Your Stuff

Here's another thread that as it's states gives invaluable links to other helpful SW sites Invaluable Sites

If you check around the Resource board, you'll also find there's numerous character study/discussion threads for those with a favorite character and age or gender affiliated threads.

Don't forget to familiarize yourself with the Fan Fiction FAQ'S . This is where you'll find what is and is not appropriate for posting on these boards.

By all means post your fics and have fun and if you've any questions feel free to ask.

Leona

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.