main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Elli, I seem to remember that cause I think I clicked on it a long time ago, but I don't remember who the author was. It might be in the classic stories forum.

2. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    I do remember reading that too. Its defintly in the classics, Ill keep my eye out for it.

3. AF_Warrior

AF_Warrior Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2004
    I am also looking for a fic. Don't know if it was posted here but it is called The Choices We Make
    by Laura Boeff.

4. tigerland

tigerland Jedi Master

Jul 1, 2003
    Hi. I'm lookin fo a fic i read last year. Pre-TPM Obi wan is sent by the council or Qui-gon, maby both to pilot trainning (army base?) ouside of the temple.

And the other tranies aren't to happy about jedi being there. I can't remeber much just that something terrible happpend in obi's past and he's reminded of it(kidnapping by pirates?) and also the sonic showers effect his force powers.

Any help would be brilliant and I send you caramel covered cute jedi.

5. Jedi_Roara

Jedi_Roara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 1999
    looking for :

Chemistry of the Dark Side part one I found part two but I need part one.

second: looking for Sith Hunter. it is a Crocodile hunter crossover humorus fan fic that had me in stitches. I've looked through the index thread and didn't see it but I know it is one of the more recent ones written in 01 or 02. Thanks

6. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I'm looking for a story I started, then forgot to bookmark :_| It was about Obi-Wan and some gal who was a Jedi-turned-prostitute-turned-Jedi.

7. leias_girl

leias_girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    I am looking for a fic where Alderaan is not destroyed and Leia decides to marry Han so that he can't be taken into custody by the Imperials - but I can't remember how he came to be there to begin with. I remember the scene where Han is talking to Bail about turning himself in and Leia comes in with the idea to marry him so that he would be a citizen or something. Bail agrees and they get married, with her prudish aunts wailing in the background and then it goes on from there.

Anyone know where this is?

8. pokey1984

pokey1984 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2004
    I haven't seen this fic literally in years and I did not read it on these boards, but I figure if anyone else has seen and remembers it, they probably also read these boards.

Okay, the fic was titled "The way of a Jedi" and the author's name was Kristen Rose. It was posted on the old fanfix.com site for a while. Actually, it disappeared once, came back and disappeared again. I really loved this story. IT was a Luke romance with an OC named Kyrana, I think. At one point the OC, after Luke's fallen in love with her, receives a head injury and not only loses her memory, but goes blind as well. She ends up waiting tables at a little cantina on some backwater world until Luke rescues her.

If anyone knows this fic or it's author, I would love to know. thanks.

9. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
  10. pokey1984

May 10, 2004
    That's it!

Thank you! When it disappeared the first time I saved it but the file corrupted. Then fanfix.com was gone...

Thank you so much lazykbys left. I appreciate it.

11. pokey1984

May 10, 2004
    I've had good luck posting in this thread before, so I'm gonna try again... :)

It's another fic I read on the old Fanfix.com site. Luke and Leia had a triplet sister who was sent to another galaxy (Earth) and now they have to take the whole family (Han, the kids, Mara, the droids) to go find her before the evil, darkside using bad guy does. The sister's name was Allia, I think. The title was "Three of a Kind"

Anyone know where it is now? It was lots of fun and one of the best Earth/Starwars crossovers I've ever seen. (scratch that, The best crossover I've ever seen.) I'd love to find it again... :)

12. Shadowen

Shadowen Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 1999
    I remember that story. In fact, I had it saved and edited in MS Word for a while. Then I formatted...

But, after a Googlesearch:

http://clubjade.net/old/creative/fanfic.html

The stories are listed in alphabetical order, so it's down towards the bottom of the page. If you don't want to risk overshooting it while holding the Page Down key, search for the author's name: Kelly Friders.

The sequel, Successor to the Dark Side, is there too.

13. pokey1984

May 10, 2004
    Now why didn't I think to Google it? *hits head repeatedly on keyboard* I used to have it downloaded as well, but the computer it was saved on died unexpectedly.

I lost a lot of my favourite fics that way, right now I'm trying to re-compile them so I can burn them to CD. The problem is that without my lists (the ones in the dead computer) I'm having trouble remembering titles and authors to re-find them.

But I'm rambling. :) I just wanted to say Thanks bunches!

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Does anyone know where to find Julie LIm's Arcadia? It's my favorite pre-PT fall-of-anakin-skywalker fic and I remember having someone give me the link to the ending once, but can't find it anymore.

15. Viola_Telcontar

Viola_Telcontar Jedi Master star 1

Nov 14, 2004
  16. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks, Vi.

17. Viola_Telcontar

Nov 14, 2004
    I'm not quite sure, but I think I found "Three of a Kind"
    here.

I scanned through the text and found the name Ally and the word "Christmas", but it was too long for me to read everything.

edit: The link I gave was only for the first part of the story. You'll find links for the rest when you scroll down to T

2nd edit: Sorry, just saw that someone found that already...

18. pokey1984

May 10, 2004
    Thanks Viola_Telcontar! I appreciate it. The story is definitely worth reading, if you have the time... :)

19. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I think I remember the story leias_girl is referring to. I recall a story where when Han saved Chewbacca he was very lucky as the Lord Darth Vader was closeby and that day for some reason his own days as a slave were on Vader?s mind. Rather than being dismissed from the service Han ends up serving on the Death Star, and becoming increasingly disaffected.

When Leia is captured Han decides to act, sabotages the Death Star (hyperdrive I think), rescues Leia, and escapes. Then as leias_girl mentions Han and Leia get married on Alderaan so that Han cannot be extradited into Imperial custody.

I think this might be the one where Han meets Chewbacca again and it?s Chewbacca and Wedge who have been flying the Millennium Falcon, but when Chewie sees Han he says that because of his life debt to Han the Falcon is his as Captain with Chewie as first mate.

Unfortunately, as you can tell from the ?I think?s I can?t find it either. I checked the archive, had a look at the Classic Boards, and looked back through old Newsletter threads in case that was how I?d come to find the story.

20. Viola_Telcontar

Nov 14, 2004
    I remember that one, too, _JM_.

Does Han get a job on a cruiser after leaving Leia? Oh, well, he first spent his days drinking...

I can't find it though. I thought it was on ff.net, because I don't remember reading any replies. I also checked a little bit of the archives here, but came up with nothing.

Don't worry, leias_girl, I'm not giving up!

edit: Found it!

A change of heart

Took me a while...

21. Viola_Telcontar

Nov 14, 2004
    List of fics that haven't been found:

1. JediANGELA's mysterious AU story
    (I'd like to find it, but I need more information! Things like unusual words or quotes, one or two words of the title...)

2. A story called "the dreams" searched by merkuria (I only found "Of Dreams and Destiny" by Viari Skywalker; "Dreams Die Hard" by Shaindl; "Dreams of the Future" by TKeira_Lea; "Catching a Dream" by Jedi_Anakin_Solo; "A Dream within a Dream" by Blancwene and finally a Sailor Moon fanfic called "The Dreams" by Dragon Scar... You want any of these links?)

3. FROZEN: The Dark Side of Love
    (Where are my notes??? There it is: on ff.net written by sorceress alexandria)

4. "The Choices we Make" by Laura Boeff
    (Are you sure the name is right? Google wanted to make me search for boeuf... hmm, I'm hungry...)

5. "Tigerland", a pre-TPM story featuring Obi-Wan in pilot-training

6. "Chemistry of the Dark Side PART 1"
    (I don't even find part 2!)

7. "Sith Hunter" a X-over with Crocodile Hunter

8. Myri-Antilles is searching for a story with Obi-Wan and some gal who was a Jedi-turned-prostitute-turned-Jedi.
    (Sounds vaguely familiar, it can't be older than November)

I think that's all. Sorry when I forgot any.

22. leias_girl

leias_girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    thank you, thank you, thank you, Viola_Telcontar and _JM_!! When no-one responded before, I'd given up because I had not been able to find it! I really like that story, as I have all of those by GreatOne that I've read in the past. I didn't realize she was the author.

Thanks again!!

23. pokey1984

May 10, 2004
    4. "The Choices we Make" by Laura Boeff
    (Are you sure the name is right? Google wanted to make me search for boeuf... hmm, I'm hungry...)

I don't know if this is it or not, do we have any more info on this fic? I found this one at FF.N.

Edit:

Jedi Angela that fic sounds so familiar... I'm sure I read it at FF.n Can you remember when you saw it? I think I found it way back in the listings... but i didn't book mark it either. You may have given up, but I'm still looking, I think it was pretty good... :)

24. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Thanks Viola_Telcontar, not sure why I assumed it was on the Classics board.

25. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    I've been looking for this one for a while (it was last updated and finished in the early summer/late spring of 2001, I think)

It's by Charlemagne19 (and a collabarotor?) and the title was "The official Thrawn in Alive Fanfic".

Thanks.