main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Goodness gracious, they're all over the boards.

Try in Before: Gkilkenny (especially), p_stotts.

Saga - um, just about any author, including at least 2 or more of mine.

Click on the author's name for the profile, check their bio for links to their stories.

Also try the Obi-Wan index.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Was it Not All Who Wander Are Lost?

3. alassea_2000

alassea_2000 Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2009
    I read this fic a super long time ago and would really love to read it again. What I remember is that Jedi were allowed to marry and it tells how one Jedi's wife (I believe Qui Gon's)struggles to adjust. I'd really appreciate finding it.

4. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    DarthIshtar Ummm No. But that one was a really good read!

5. nancydrewgirl

nancydrewgirl Jedi Master

Jun 10, 2009

Thank you very much!:)
    ~Aubrey[face_pig]

6. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Also try The Qui-Gon Jinn Story Index. The Obi-torture stories are generally marked.

It doesn't sound familiar, but it should be somewhere in the Qui-Gon index. And if it's on the boards and not on the index I'd definitely want to find it myself.

7. alassea_2000

Jul 2, 2009
    Thanks for the input, unfortunately I've had no luck. It's a pity because it was really a great story. I remember that Mace Windu also had a wife in it, and she and Qui Gon's wives bonded... anyway, maybe I'll stumble upon it later.

Thanks!

8. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    You're not talking about Betrayal are you? It is an alternate universe and Qui-Gon is married, but it's still continuing on the Saga board.

9. alassea_2000

Jul 2, 2009
    No, it's not that one, though it looks interesting.

Actually, I just remembered the other day that I found it on a site called qui-gonline.com, however, that site doesn't exist anymore, so it's quite possible that the story isn't even online anywhere anymore.

Sad face.

10. Alasse_Earfalas

Alasse_Earfalas Jedi Master star 2

Mar 6, 2008
    Okay, um, not entirely certain if this is the right place to post this or not, but, *deep breath*, here we go... [face_worried]

Anyone know of any decent Yoda x Yaddle mush fics ANYWHERE on the internet??? As in, not crack fics?? [face_praying] [face_batting]

These are the only two fics I can find that contain any non-crack Yoda x Yaddle mush:
    Age Matters Not?
    A Series of Yoda drabbles this is

I'm having HUGE cravings for Yoda x Yaddle mush, and I'd like to find some fresh fics to satisfy these cravings. [face_blush]

Thanks! [face_peace]

11. Tahiri_Delia

Tahiri_Delia Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2009
    just trying to find anakin and tahiri good ending fanfics, any of them

12. Lanta

Lanta Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2007

I've got quite a few requests, if that's okay...

1. Are there any Qui-Gon / Shmi Skywalker fics around? Either friendship or relationship fics. Not just short "missing scenes" though, please.

2. Any fics where Jaina as Yun-Harla or the Sword of the Jedi is important, please. I've already read Jedi-Princess-Solo's and TKeira_Lea's fics.

3. Fics where Anakin is trained by Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda, or Mace Windu. I don't think I've read any of these yet, except one very-AU fic where it wasn't a major plot point.

4. Are there any timetravel fics around which involve Wedge Antilles or other Rogues/Wraiths?

5. Any fics with Jaina interacting with people dead before she was born (e.g. timetravel, force ghosts, etc). I've already read: Sanctuary of Time, This Time Around, Warped, and my own At the Will of the Force.

6. Any stories where characters travel to AUs, or AU characters travel to the canon universe (I think the only one of these I've found so far is Flying Solo by JediXManSerenaKenobi).

Thank you all!

13. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    For all things Qui-Gon, try The Qui-Gon Jinn Story Index. Any with Shmi and/or Anakin would probably be in the second section, 'Qui-Gon with Obi-Wan plus other canon character(s)'.

14. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    1. Any good Starkiller/Galen Marek fics around?

15. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, there's a timetravel with Rogue Leader...but I don't think that's what you mean.

16. Anime_Jedi

Anime_Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Anyone know of any good Dark/Sith Leia stories?

Or Dark Leia with Han in them kind of stories?

Thanks in advance

17. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Hey anyone know of any good young Mara Jade fanfiction?

18. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Andromeda wrote two very nice ones:

Destiny's children - in which Qui-Gon gets stranded on Tatooine when the rest leaves and he and Shmi end up together. I love how she adresses the slave issue in that one.

And 'A single thread', long but certainly worth it, in which Qui-Gon survives the saberstroke by Darth Maul and also ends up with Shmi. It seems unfinished, but I think only something short is missing, because it feels rather finished to me. It's in more parts:
    A Single thread 0-4
    A single thread 5-8
    A single thread 9-12
    A single thread 13-16
    A single thread 17-19

I've seen at least one on these boards, so yes, by all means visit the Qui-Gon Jinn index, it should be there :)

Diane's wonderful Betrayal. Not finished yet, but oh, so good!

I'm sure I read others, especially about Qui-Gon surviving and training Anakin, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment, sorry.

19. dudul

dudul Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2005
    I'm looking for fics similar to "An Uncertain Path" from Red Rose Knight (Bali Tiro stories).
    Fics where Obi-wan feels betrayed by Qui-Gon.

Thanks

20. Lanta

Lanta Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2007

I must have previously missed the email telling me this thread had been updated :(

ardavenport - Thank you. I actually browsed all through that thread back when I first discovered these boards. I tried to have another look to find specifically-themed fics but it's just so long that I gave up. It's a great resource, though, I loved it when I was just browsing.

Seremela - thank you. I've read Betrayal (though I'm not actually up to date with reading the latest chapters so I must remember to read them soon), but I've never read any of Andromeda's fics before. Thank you for the recs!

21. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    You're Nowhere by LuvEwan reminds me of "An Uncertain Path". You could also try Going Home by Shanobi, which follows the theme of Qui-Gon surviving and contains lots of angst.

22. Olivia

Olivia Jedi Master

Feb 21, 2006
    Hi, i´m looking for a General Grievous/Separatist movement AU during RotS. Begins after a accident that short circuits him, Grievous finds out that one of the sith had tempered with his mind especially his moral compass.

He confronts Tyrannus and/or Sidious about it and unmask Palpatine as Sidius broadcasting live in all bands. Whether the galaxy in general believes it being another thing but I think the jedi did and ends up winning the battle by opening a hole in the ship they all were and let vacuum do the killing for him.

23. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'd like to second this request. (Romance with Juno a plus. [face_love])

Here's a link to the Mara story index if that'll help.

24. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    You think Even Jedi Cry is too dissimilar? It DOES have Qui-Gon surviving & Obi-Wan angsting. It does not have Obi-Wan taking a padawan or going on post-life without Qui-Gon (but who knows where it'll go) after we totally screw Obi-Wan emotionally.

It's no way in the same category (quality-wise) as anything by Red Rose Knight, Luv Ewan or Shanobi (and I can say that without insulting the author :p).

25. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    How did that one slip my mind? Sheesh, I should have been fully awake when posting that message. Yes, I would also definitely recommend Even Jedi Cry by Valairy_Scot.

Also, Valairy, you insult your talents. ;)