main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Hello! :)

I'm looking for a fic that has Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. I can't remember the name or the names of any side characters. The jist of the story is that Obi-Wan either left the Order, was chosen and let go, or was kicked out for whatever reason. He goes out into the galaxy but lets Yoda know where he is or Yoda discovers it on his own. Yoda later sends Qui-Gon to retrieve Obi-Wan from where he has settled down. Qui-Gon finds his former apprentice in a similar setting as the Jedi, only they call themselves something else (i.e. rangers, knights, etc...). Obi-Wan and his new mentor spar, but using swords instead of sabers. At one point, Obi-Wan's new mentor asks that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan spar together. The three end up working together to stop some tensions and a band of criminal activity on the planet they're on.

It was a really good fic. I just can't remember the name or where I read it. And I have no idea how to use the 'search' on this site. I've tried many times and get absolutely no results whatsoever.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated! [face_praying]

Thanks!
    Bekah

Edit: I found it: Exile! Wonderful story!

2. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Hi there. My request is pretty specific, I just can't remember the title and would like a link to the story in mind :)

Story by Knight_Aragorn in which Luke/Mara's marriage doesn't work out because Mara keeps going on business trips, they realize they have been together so infrequently that they just can't keep the marriage working. It was a fairly recent one (within past 2 years), hopefully you guys could help me out? :)

3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
  4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    That one doesn't sound familiar to me at all to me. Have you tried The Qui-Gon Index to see if anything looks familiar?

5. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Bekah, I've used this LinkMachine and have replaced the fields with the criteria that I wanted and have had some success ...

http://f59.aaa.livedoor.jp/~lazykbys/jcfanficthreads.php?board=10475&sort=title&thisuser=&andor=selected&search=Anakin

so I wish you good hunting.

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Storm Warning by Sio that precedes Healing and Forming Alliances by KnightMara, please. :)

7. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
  8. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks, Exeter! I found the other one, guys. :)

9. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Read a fic a short while back (in the last 3-4 months) about some type of Vong weapon that tore the fabric of time and space and brought back a bunch of dead people. I remember Jag's sister (not Wynssa) being alive on Coruscant and meeting up with Valin. They find the Lusankya which is being commanded by Dooku. Dooku chases Jag's sister, she gets away, and he gets killed by a vong because he didn't sense it approaching.

The Jedi Temple rematerialized on Coruscant with the E3 Jedi Council and like 50 knights or so (can't remember the number). Shaak Ti ends up taking on Tahiri as a student after finding out just how disjointed her training is. Tahiri and Valin are surprised by the temple and hide out there after running from Vong parties. I think Nejaa and Valyn are there too. Last post had them prepping the Lusankya to take them off of the planet.

Anakin and Obi-Wan materialize somewhere either near or in the Unknown Regions, they end up in a dogfight with Vong fighters and are saved by a craft commanded by Jag. Jag takes them back to Csilla or some other Chiss controlled world and they get a mission to go to Coruscant on a stealth enabled ship. The ship gets sabotaged and they have to take a detour to Kamino, there they find an injured Anakin Solo and Jango Fett wondering what happened to his once prestine home and Boba. Wynssa ends up having a crush on Obi-Wan, they kiss, but Obi-Wan rejects her and tells her how his life is. He also saves her after the saboteur misses the landing platform in an escape pod and falls into the ocean on Kamino.

Leia and Padme are caught and taken aboard the Death Star by Palpatine off of Naboo.

I think I've given enough to at least get the name of the fic, been wondering about it for a few days after wanting to read it again.

10. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Gah, that's it! Thank you! Not sure why I thought it was K_A's, haha ;)

11. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Can someone please post the reading order of Obi_ew?s The Redemption Series, pretty please? I so want to read this! Many thanks. :D

Also, the same for p_stotts You Can?t Hide From Destiny Series? @};-

12. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
  13. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks so much for the info and the PMs, Bek! [:D]

14. Jedi_Vai

Jedi_Vai Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Hey, all!
    I am looking for a post Dark Nest fic about a conversation between Jag Fel and Leia concerning the effects of the Swarm War.
    I have been all over the Beyond Board but can't seem to find it....
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

15. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005

Could this possibly be what you're looking for? Hypocrisy (Jag meets Leia post Swarm War)

16. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    have any of you seen any good gender bender fics? like any AUs where someone was the opposite gender? an example would be where Tenel Ka was a guy and Jacen was Jaina's pet-loving identical twin instead of brother.

17. DarkGoddess

DarkGoddess Jedi Knight

Oct 2, 2009
    This time I'm looking for fic's that deal with Luke and Leia's mother before the prequels. Basically what people thought happened before we found out about Padme.

Also any good, dark Padme/Vader/Anakin stories. The darker the better.

Thank to anyone who responds

18. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002

leia_naberrie has some really excellent Padmé/Vader and Padmé/Anakin stories. My personal favorites are Through A Mirror Darkly and its sequel, Kaleidoscope. They are both very AU and wonderfully dark. [face_mischief]. Some of her other stories are listed in her profile, too.

indiefic also has a really good one called Sins of the Father.

Hope that halps a little! :)

19. DarkGoddess

DarkGoddess Jedi Knight

Oct 2, 2009
    I read all of those, and I really, really wish that Sins of the Father would be completed, I loved it.

20. anikanpadme

anikanpadme Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    I'm trying to find a story I read awhile back. I think it was in The Saga. Luke is a baby and being raised by Anakin at the jedi temple and Padme is pregnant with Leia.

21. Twilek_Aide

Twilek_Aide Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    I'm looking for fanfics that feature; twi'lek/human romances with culture clash issues. I'm also after fanfics, where the main character is a twi'lek. Lastly, are there any fanfics that are set on earth?

22. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
  23. Twilek_Aide

Twilek_Aide Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2002
  24. ida_dida

ida_dida Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2010
    I am desperatelly looking forsome Vader Padme romance fics!
    I ve every romance story that is about them on fanfiction and i am looking for some more!
    Though my favourites are the ones where V doesnt wear a suit and he has never met with P.
    I am new to this site so i dont know how to search in here!
    Any propositions??? :)

25. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Unfortunately, it's not that easy to find fics here, but there are a few places where you can find listings and links.

The Fanfic Index post here has a lot of links to specific topics and listings of story awards.

The prolific author thread has a lot of story listings, but I don't know if they have any Vader Padme romance fics linked.