main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Never heard of it. If this does not exist for Star Wars, perhaps someone will have to make it so! ;)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I know there have been stories in the past that poke fun of what people consider the tropes and pitfalls of Star Wars fanfic, but I don't think I've ever seen one like that.

3. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    Oh my god, My Immortal. I can proudly say I've read it all the way through to the end and I remember listening to a couple dramatic readings. Those were the days...

I don't think there's a good Star Wars equivalent. Really, I don't know that any of the contenders in any other fandoms (Twilight, etc) can match up - there are plenty of badly-written fics out there, but a lot of them are either boring or clearly trolls, and none of them are so hilariously bad and infamous.

What I really want to know is if there's a SW version of Thirty H's... :p

Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

Yeah...the first thing I want to know is who "some kid with eyes" would be. :eek:

Perhaps there should be a Star Wars combo of both and a bunch of us could do it as a round-robin. Now, how would we go about restrictions? Horrible stuff would happen in that, but none of it is real, clearly.

5. skygawker

May 25, 2014
    Han? Luke? Obi-Wan? I dunno.

I want to know who would wield the guitar from a dimension where all screamed for naught; wrought from the silver heart of heaven's false promise, laced with vessels that pulsed with angel's menstrual blood, hewn from the horns of Satan's generals.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  6. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Lame question alert: What is 30 H's?

7. skygawker

May 25, 2014
    It's an infamous Harry Potter fanfic entitled HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, more colloquially known as Thirty H's. The plot (or lack thereof), swearing, and gore would seem to indicate that it was written by an insane thirteen-year-old boy, but the faux-sophisticated prose and vocabulary are what really make it art.

pronker and Ewok Poet like this.
  8. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Ahah, thanks!

9. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    30 Hs is best consumed by way of its awesome dramatic reading.

WARNING: The "F word" appears in this video probably more than any other word.

Ewok Poet and pronker like this.
  10. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Err, I predict that's probably not in the TOS range.

divapilot likes this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I made a mistake of reading it again last night...I got to the point where I had tears rolling down my face from laughter. And regardless of how offensive the content bits are, the whole thing is more of over the top than offensive. :D

skygawker likes this.
  12. skygawker

May 25, 2014
    My friend and I were reading it out loud to each other on the shuttle over Thanksgiving break. We kept having to stop for laughter.

(We did the same with a few other infamous bad!fics, including My Immortal and this one Garfield/Kate Middleton one-shot).

Ewok Poet and pronker like this.
  13. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    *walks into thread to see if anyone's mentioned anything regarding my query*

*reviews past page*

[face_plain]

*slowly and quietly backs up and departs*

[​IMG]

Well, that escalated quickly.

14. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
  15. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Okay, this should be an easy one, but... an AU where Owen and Beru survived but Luke doesn't find out until after ROTJ, Leia comes down with some kind of virus, and they have to go to some off-planet clinic-place to get her treatment?

Edit: For Ewok Poet: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3204170/1/My-Immortal (Though I'm not sure you meant a song fic...)

16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    DaenaBenjen42, nope, definitely not that. Google the errr, other My Immortal and you'll see what kind of monstrosity should be rewritten for SW. Or, well, I can PM you. I don't think I am allowed to link it here.

17. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Having done the google thing... no. We're a PG board, so no linking of that one to here...

Ewok Poet likes this.
  18. cje24576

cje24576 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 21, 2010
    I've posted here before regarding a couple Vader redemption fics that were/ are posted in the boards, but I didn't get any results, so I'd like to ask for recs of the following themes, I hope this is allowed (fics ONLY on this website AND it includes fics that could have/ have been removed (ANY info about them)):
    -Vader redemption fics where Vader lives
    -Vader redemption fics that show Anakin in the afterlife

I hope some people can help me out. Thanks.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  19. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Vader redemption? Know of a couple, sure... :)

Circle of Light by Rhonderoo and Jedi Trace
    Birthright by GreatOne/Ponytricks
    Reunions by Jei_EL (If a clone counts.)
    And... you'll have to do some digging: Lest Ye Be Judged by DarthIshtar (Versions One AND Two)

Note: I'm giving you links to FFN because we're currently truncated and that issue hasn't been fixed yet.

20. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Pulse, by froovygirl is an excellent one. Anakin doesn't quite become Vader, but he commits the same acts, yet turns back immediately to set forth on a path to redemption.

21. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    DaenaBenjen42 & taramidala Sorry, I wanted fics from ONLY this website.

22. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    Just reposting this because I guess people aren't catching all the details of the request: (if the admin for the thread could delete the first version, that would be great).
    I've posted here before regarding a couple Vader redemption fics that were/ are posted in the boards, but I didn't get any results, so I'd like to ask for recs of the following themes, I hope this is allowed (fics ONLY on this website AND it includes fics that could have/ have been removed (ANY info about them)):
    -Vader redemption fics where Vader lives
    -Vader redemption fics that show Anakin in the afterlife

I'd like to limit it to fics from ONLY this website.
    Also, if the fics could have/ have been removed, that's perfect too (if you have ANY info about them, that would be great).

I hope some people can help me out. Thanks.

23. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    cje24576 if somebody gives you a suggestion from another site you can go to the TheForceNet fanfic story forum and do a search on the title (top right search box) to see if it is on TFN. The reason some people are giving stories suggestions outside of this site is a couple years ago the forum format was changed and any stories written prior to the move were truncated to 10000 characters per post. So most stories were ruined. The stories were not removed, but they were truncated.

24. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    I know the formatting has changed, but I can still try to find them on the Wayback Machine & one of the stories isn't even on this site, so I don't think they noticed the thing about fics from just this site, so I reposted my request just in case.

25. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm unsure why you want just fics from this site, but in anycase, I am not going to delete your first post as it would confuse the flow of the thread.

As per your request

Circle of Light is excellent and was posted here, but it was truncated.
    And I'm not trying to pimp my story, but I did one a while back called Honour Thy Father

Also, people are only trying to help you.

taramidala likes this.