main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. cje24576

cje24576 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 21, 2010
    The reason I'm limiting it to fics from only this site is because the fics I'm looking for are posted on this site. I hope you understand now.

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    If you are looking for specific fics, it would help to have more information because it seemed to me (and probably other people) you were looking for recommendations.

3. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    If you are looking for particular fics, do you have any more information/details about them?

Edit: oops, Bri already posted the same thing.

4. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    I know I'm being a pain & I apologize, but I'd like to change my stance on something: if a fic that is posted on this site, is posted on another site, then that's fine. Again, the reason I'm asking for this is because I did a post here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/looking-for-fics.14698651/page-45#post-50666099 but I never got any results, so I'm listing the plot themes of the three remaining fics I'm looking for & those fics were posted on this website. I hope people understand now & again I apologize for being so much trouble.

5. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    You're not being a pain - that's what this thread is for. I'm sorry, but those fics don't sound familiar to me.

6. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    double post

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Also, if you go looking via the Wayback Machine, know that the Internet Archive had a server issue and there's stuff missing...

8. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Anyone know what happened to Gia? Should I abandon all consideration of seeing a Tarkin redemption (besides mine) completed?

9. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    Well, what about the plot themes I'm looking for? Like I said, since I didn't have any luck with the request where I described the fics, I'm asking for the plot themes that I remember the remaining fics had (I hope you understand what I'm saying). Thanks.

10. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    cje24576 you already were given five Vader redemption titles and every one are on these boards, the TFN links just weren't given. Just do a title search to find them.

taramidala and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  11. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
  12. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    Just to add a detail to the fics where Vader/ Anakin lives, if they could also have Padme living as well (& Vader/ Anakin didn't find out she's alive until the end of the fic), that would be great.
    Also, just to clarify something: all the themes I'm asking for are Vader redemption fics. Thanks.

13. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I have a feeling that our friend may be posting from a screwy computer or a mobile device and/or is not that good with the internet, so whoever knows what these stories are should definitely give them a hand. :)

14. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    I accidentally triple-posted because the site was being really sluggish. I've asked the admin if they could delete them as I'd like to post something that has more info in it. Site's being so slow sometimes.

15. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Most people just edit the second and third post by deleting what is said and substituting "Sorry double post" or "Sorry triple post" This site is extremely sluggish today.

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    It has indeed been laggy this week. I said so in Tech thread.

17. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I was not sarcastic or anything, btw. Since I couldn't help, I wanted to get somebody else to. Looks like that failed.

18. Ewok_Slayer

Nov 24, 2004
    [sarcastic voice] Sure you weren't. [/sarcastic voice]

19. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    Well, apparently the site isn't letting me edit ANY of my posts lately & I wish we had the ability to completely delete a post. It's extremely frustrating.

20. Ewok_Slayer

Nov 24, 2004
    So, when you push the EDIT button at the bottom left of your post it does nothing? That is odd, even for a sluggish site.

21. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005

Here in fanfic we have unlimited edit time, so if it isn't working it could be because you are using an outdated browser, IE seems to be the worst offender, but it happens with Firefox as well. Usually in that case, if you reload the thread, it will allow you to edit. (I have to do this at work all the time.) I'd recommend trying to update your browser and see if that helps. (Other parts of the boards have limited edit time, FYI)

I've gone ahead and deleted your double/triple post since they were the exact same, we usually don't delete post unless they are spam, but will occasionally when there are multiple exact posts in a row. Please don't worry about it, we all know the boards have been glitchy recently, it happens to us all!

Any other questions on this, please feel free to PM me since we are derailing the thread. :)

Ewok_Slayer and Ewok Poet like this.
  22. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    I'm using the most recent version of my browser (Firefox), so I don't need to update it. I think it's another technical issue with the site. Thanks for deleting the posts.

23. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I am on current Firefox and I am not having edit or posting issues.

24. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    Actually, it seems I CAN edit, I'm just having to click the "more options" button to make it show the text I want to edit. *slaps self*

25. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Yes that is me too.