main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    That's a known bug in the version of XenForo that these boards are running on. It's fixed in the newest version of XenForo, but there are some issues to be worked out by the admins before an upgrade can occur.

2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I use Google Chrome and I triple posted in a conversation.

One fic I'm looking for but for the life of me can't remember where I read it.

It's a one-shot shortly after the events of RotJ and Luke is on one of the Rebel ships seeking alone time (I think he's feeling horrible that his father is dead) when an officer calls out to him. The officer appears to be in his forties and since he is wearing a uniform or insignia of intelligence Luke suspects that he's there to grill him one more time about what happened on the Death Star. Instead they talk and the man reveals that he used to be Imperial before joining the Rebellion. He goes on to reveal that his specialty was interrogation and that he had interrogated Leia aboard the Death Star. In the end the officer vanishes with the implication that he was Anakin's ghost in another form.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I remember reading this story! Don't remember the name though.

4. SeverusSnapers

SeverusSnapers Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2015
    I've been looking for this fic ever since I lost it from my bookmarks about six or seven years ago and if anyone can help me find it I will be more than grateful. I found it on this site and there are a few particulars I remember:

- set when Anakin was a Padawan (possibly between the ages 14-16)
    - Obi-Wan and Anakin are either settling a dispute or hunting a killer on another planet
    - there was a scene where Anakin was chasing a bounty hunter or an assassin through the forest and somehow ends up getting himself covered in soot and injures his ribs. When Obi-Wan finds out that Anakin intentionally puts his life in danger, he slaps him. He then helps Anakin back to the village in which they're staying where Anakin has a bath and Obi-Wan gets help from a woman who tends to Anakin's injuries

A tad vague, I know. But if anyone knows of it I would be forever in your debt. It was a great story (a WIP if I'm not mistaken).

5. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Ah... Long time since I've been on the boards here...

Does anyone know if there is a non truncated version of Knight_Aragorn's "Your Eyes Aren't Blue Anymore" or "Bleeding Dry For You" out there ANYWHERE?

...I spent yesterday trying to find all my old bookmarked stories, and thus spent a lot of time alternating between "Yay I found it!/Found an awesome one I'd forgotten about!" and "Most of the story is missing!!" *cries*

(Also, "Fanfiction! the Musical", anyone got non-truncated versions of that anywhere??)

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    DreamingIce - Your best bet would probably be to use an old link you have to the stories and see if the Wayback Machine has it. As far as I can tell Knight_Aragorn didn't post fics anywhere else and hasn't been on here in quite a while.

7. DreamingIce

Aug 8, 2005
    I was afraid that would be the case... *sigh* Oh well. It was worth a shot. :)

8. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I think this one was either here or on ff.net. It was a one shot or two chapters long. In it Leia receives a visit from Anakin, her father. He informs her that she's been drugged by assassins and that they are coming to finish the job; they might have poisoned her as well but I don't believe so. He with or without her permission takes over her body to avoid the assassins and find a safe place to stay until the sedative wares off since both Luke and Han are not on Coruscant.

I believe that there was some mental banter going on between them. Some of it was meant to be scathing on Leia's part and Anakin was like 'hey, I'm not used to a small body now be quiet.' And similar stuff.

In the end they reach the remains of the Jedi Temple more or less in time for Leia's body to give in to the sedative.

Part of me wants to say that there was a scene where they are free falling and Leia is more or less screaming 'you're insane!'

9. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005

Some of Knight_Aragorn's fic is on ff.net under the name deaka, however unfortunately Your Eyes Aren't Blue Anymore and Bleeding Dry for You are not there.

ThreadSketch and pronker like this.
  10. DreamingIce

Aug 8, 2005
    But I can find some other awesome stuff, so thank you! :D (And maybe those stories will get reposted one day...)

11. cje24576

cje24576 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 21, 2010
    If she allows you to PM her, I'd try PMing her on ff.net about the stories you're looking for. Maybe she has everything posted on another site or maybe she has a Livejournal account (but doesn't say so in her profile). I'd just check with her if I could.

DreamingIce and pronker like this.
  12. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Success! deaka uses this same username on LJ :D so good luck on finding these stories. Also the comm on LJ called marafics has stories ... the one by deaka called 'In The Shade' that I recc'd on the LJ comm crack_van, *now sadly not posting new recs, but boy howdy, 10 years' worth of stories on there ain't bad* is still up, and on marafics. =D=

DaenaBenjen42 and DreamingIce like this.
  13. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    So... I asked this question in the Social thread and got referred here:
    Is anyone working on or planning to write the "missing books" of the Legends EU, now that the Legends universe has wrapped for good? It seems like the perfect point in time to do this, with people still remembering the Legends continuity but no more books coming out that could "contradict" fanfiction written in that continuity. And I for one would love to read fans' attempts at, say, Sword of the Jedi, or TFU3, or even the final Republic Commando book. To say nothing of a worthy conclusion to Kemp's Crosscurrent/Riptide series... =P~
    If you can point me to any attempts in that direction, I'd be truly grateful... and if nobody else is doing it, I might just have to try writing some of these myself at some point.

14. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    I had a question: I know that old posts are truncated right now, and I was wondering: this may seem a stupid question, but, I have a list of search terms for the fanfics I've been looking & I was wondering if the truncating of the posts would effect any results for when I use the search terms (if the search words appear after the cut-off point of the post)? I hope you all understand what I'm asking.

15. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Anyone have any Thrawn fic recs? I am not interested in slash or explicit content.

16. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Does anyone have a link to IrishEyedJedi's fic The One He Saved that doesn't have truncated posts to it? It's been years since I've read the story and I'd love to read it again in whole form.

17. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    I was wondering if anyone remembered the title & author of a fic I'm looking for? It's an Anakin redemption fic where Padme lives. I remember this one part where Padme purposely consume a poisonous plant from Dagobah to force Anakin to change his behavior or something. I thought it was posted on fanfiction.net. Thanks.

Found: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3676587/1/The-Broken-Shell

18. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    cje24576 that sounds familiar and I do think I saw it on ff.net but I don't remember any other details.

19. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    Never mind, I found it.

pronker likes this.
  20. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Ooh, great! Lucky you! Post a link? ^:)^

21. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
  22. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    I did post a link.

23. Marmot Man

Marmot Man Jedi Master

Dec 31, 2012
    Hi guys, do any of you know where a can find lonewolfs fanfics on a site other than the council forums as they have all been truncated,

Many thanks

24. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Is that a fanfic author? lonewolf

There is a bunch of author's on fanfiction.net that have lonewolf in their name

25. Marmot Man

Marmot Man Jedi Master

Dec 31, 2012