main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Didn't find anything. Sometimes author's delete their stories. I've done it before.

2. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    There is a lonewolf89 on ffn, who has enabled PMs, so I hope you can contact him/her and ask. At least, you'll have tried!:)

3. Marmot Man

Marmot Man Jedi Master

Dec 31, 2012
  4. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    You're welcome - good luck![face_good_luck]

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do any know of any good fics with Tyber Zann and/or the Zann Consortium?​

6. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    This one I think is either on ff.net or Bast Castle but I cant remember. It's from Piett's POV shortly after Vader leaves the Bridge when the Falcon disappears into hyperspace. Piett speaks to someone, possibly his successor, about why Vader just walked off leaving Piett Alive. They come to the conclusion that Vader is most likely letting Piett before killing him. Deciding that he rather die now than when Vader gets around to it Piett marches off to Vader's chambers to inform him to just get it over with.

I don't remember ALL the conversation but Vader makes it clear that he isn't going to kill Piett now or some later date for what just happened.

Long story short the Emperor calls, Piett gets locked in the room for the duration of the call and learns what a jerk the Emperor is.

7. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Lady_Misty, I seem to remember a story from one of the Tales from the __ books may have been like that. Are you sure it was fanfic? I could be misremembering, though.

8. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I have only had access to one of the 'Tales of the _____ ' books and that one was 'Tales of the Mos Eisley Catina' or the one based on Tatooine.

I THOUGHT it was a fan fic and I thought I read it on a fan fic site since I found it on the 'net.

9. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I just looked through my copies of Tales from the Empire and Tales from the New Republic (which has a few Empire-centric stories) and found nothing like it. I know that there was nothing about it in Tales from Jabba's Palace, since I've read that previously. I don't know about Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina or Tales of the Bounty Hunters, but I doubt it's in either of those. This smells like fanfic.

Kahara likes this.
  10. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    This sounds so familiar to me, but I can't place it, and I don't see anything on FFN that rings a bell. Have you tried asking on the Star Wars recs community on LiveJournal?

Kahara likes this.
  11. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    No, but I have sniffed around time to time on livejournal. Guess that's the next place to search.

12. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Two comms there: swrecs may help, as may whatwasthatfic (all one word) Tell 'em I sent you![face_dancing]

Kahara likes this.
  13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Wasn't someone looking for a Star Wars fic where either Anakin or Padme chose another career path?

14. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Admiral Volshe, Kahara and pronker like this.
  15. Combustion_Chamber

Combustion_Chamber Jedi Knight

Jan 6, 2016
    I would like to read about my new favorite character, Rey. Anyone want to make a recommendation of a fic(s) that focus on her either pre-TFA, or even an interpretation of a post-TFA storyline? Doesn't have to be 100% her in every scene, but she should be the predominant main character. I have searched on fanfiction.net, but 99% of them are some form of Kylo/Rey romance, which I find a just bit ridiculous.
    Hell, I might just end up writing my own story if I can't find anything.

Thanks for your help.

16. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    Here is one I saw today:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...uke-others-at-will-updated-01-07-16.50036742/

I also noticed some Rey/Kylo stories and drawings and just about everything else. There are also some Finn/Kylo pairings I have been told.

pronker likes this.
  17. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Looking for well written, thoughtful Kylo ficts. Prefer no shipping, just a good story with some insight.

18. tealeona

tealeona Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2016
    I'd be so happy to find a link that works for two great fics by Luna Nightshade: Demons in my Sanctuary and Out of Nothing. I've looked as best I could, but no luck so if anyone could help would be so nice!:)

pronker likes this.
  19. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    tealeona and pronker like this.
  20. tealeona

tealeona Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2016
    Thanks so much for the links, but unfortunately not all the pages are there... On the Wayback Machine some pages are not found and the boards thread has text missing there's only a bit of text saved. Surely those great stories have not disappeared for good:(

21. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    Hi everyone! I'm an oldie that has been away from TFN boards for a LONG time - and I mean LONG, like, A DECADE!

I'm looking for two fics.

One is "Dark Revelations" by Sherry Sky, but I think she doesn't have it posted publicy anywhere... if any of you can help me out...

The other is a fic that had Mara Jade as Obi Wan's daughter? The author's name was Elora - or something like that...

Thank you in advance!

22. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    AAAAAHHH! Mara Jade as Obi-Wan's daughter, author Elora -- let me think. I may have something --- :D

23. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Since I didn't get an answer, I'm assuming there are only fan fiction Kylo stories that 'ship another character.

*sigh*

I guess I'll have to write one that doesn't.

pronker likes this.
  24. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

I wanted to reply to you a couple of days ago, actually; but work, life etc... There are good Kylo fics without shipping.

This one is masterful:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/my-awakening-tfa-spoilers-and-speculation-kylo-ren.50037264/

Same author, Snoke reflects on Kylo:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-snoke-kylo-ren-and-mentions-of-rey.50037192/

This one is humorous and involves a young Kylo:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/dear-mr-and-mrs-solo-humor.50038140/

Another humorous story:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...omedy-one-shot-w-minor-tfa-spoilers.50037265/

This one takes a typical SW fanboy approach to everything and attributes it to Kylo himself (or that's what I hope):
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/dark-thoughts-kylo-ren-tfa-spoilers.50036664/

This one is deliciously creepy:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/i-can-hear-you-spoilers-post-rotj-pre-tfa-speculation.50035832/

I am probably not allowed to link to one of my own, so I guess it's acceptable to say that I have one where he's referenced and will appear shortly.

That is all I can think of right now.

pronker and Findswoman like this.
  25. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    I'm sorry, I don't seem able to find it. There was a story with Mara Jade as Obi-Wan's daughter by Imadra_Blue over on LJ, and I guess there was one on this site, too, but [face_dunno]