main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Interesting idea. Is this a story you remember reading? Any clues, such as when published, author, etc.?:)

2. Anakin 99

Anakin 99 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2016

Yes, that a story i read Once Too bad I can not remember anything else

3. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Aw, we all know what that is like. :confused::oops:

4. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Link me and let me see :)

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I'll do that tonight, when I get in from work. Feel free to leave feedback, good or bad.

6. MissDaydream

MissDaydream Jedi Knight

Jan 12, 2007
    Looking for a multi-chapter fanfic either written around or before 2006-2009, which were the years I read the most Star Wars fanfics. I honestly couldn't say if the fic was written on the JC Forums, ff.net, or some other site entirely. I don't remember the author or the title.

I'll list every small detail I can remember. Fic takes place in that vague Clone Wars era, so Post-AOTC to Pre-ROTS. Stars Obi-Wan and Dooku. Anakin, Sidious, Mace, and Qui-Gon (sort of) are also there. Ye olde tale of Dooku trying to turn Obi-Wan to the Dark Side, but this fic had Qui-Gon's soul stuck inside some sort of artifact, which Dooku used to motivate Obi-Wan. Also there was some kind of special Sith book that probably had secrets to revive the dead or something.

Uh, I remember Dooku subjecting Obi-Wan to some kind of Sith initiation/trial thing, which included presenting Obi-Wan to the spirits of some dead Sith, who initially get all uppity that Obi-Wan is a Jedi, and ask him a question to test if he was serious about being a Sith. And, I remember this part fairly well: the Sith spirit asks Obi-Wan what his goal is, and Obi-Wan gets this flashback/vision of some previous guy who went through the same thing who had answered "to serve the Dark/Sith" but he was wrong and was killed, and the correct answer was simply to have more power.

There's a part where Obi-Wan hallucinates in a dark room. There's a part where Dooku forces Obi-Wan to kill Mace Windu. There's a part where Dooku and Sidious make Obi-Wan and Anakin fight. I guess Sidious and Dooku die by the end. The fic ends with Obi-Wan talking to Mace Windu's ghost, and Obi-Wan discards the evil book thing.

And that's what I got. I know it's a long shot, but thanks in advance. I know there are a good handful of fics out there with similar premises, but I still can't seem to find the exact one I remembered.

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I was wondering if there is any fanfic "novelization" of Dark Empire II? Like how 'The Test of Wills' is a novelization of Dark Empire?

PlagueisWise likes this.
  8. Sachia

Sachia Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2016
    Hey guys. I'm looking for Shada D'ukal/Talon Karrde fics. I've read most of those from fanfiction.net and Archive Of Our Own and some others on invidual pages. I'd be happy if you can recommend anything new or well enough hidden for me not to find. :)

Also I found a fic here called 'Help' by MsLanna. I can only see the half of the story hear, I'd be glad if someone could link me a full version. ^^

Everlasting gratitude :)

9. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
  10. PlagueisWise

PlagueisWise Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 28, 2015
    Apologies in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong forum. If there is a more appropriate place or existing thread that I should shift this to, please let me know.

I'm a huge fan of the stories involving Darth Bane's Rule of Two Sith line. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good stories set in this time frame. I'm not particular on which Sith it involves, though I'm hoping to read some stories about Darth Zannah's time as a Sith Master and her training of Cognus (or Cognus herself) or the story of Darth Gravid and Darth Gean that was mentioned in the Darth Plagueis novel.

Or, a story about Darth Tenebrous and his master.

11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    PlagueisWise I have moved your request here to the "looking for fics" thread. This is the thread for people looking for fics.

12. PlagueisWise

PlagueisWise Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 28, 2015
    Thanks! Sorry about the inconvenience.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Bail Organa was found alive after ROTJ. EU universe.
    Jaina Solo finds a signal and goes out to explore and meets Bail.

14. Anakin 99

Feb 27, 2016
    I'm looking for time travel stories not about Characters from the OT travels to the PT or Characters from PT to the OT

15. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    pronker likes this.
  16. StaryEyes47

StaryEyes47 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2016
    13) I'm looking for a story that I read a while ago. It's about H/L on a mission on another world, where they have to pretend to be a couple so L can do dealings with the locals. They do some kind of marriage counselling where a shaman paints ink tattoos on them which causes them to have these wild dreams. It's killing me that I can't remember the story!!!

Thanks

17. Johan22

Johan22 Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2016
    Hey all, Briannikan referred me to this thread. Recently I was playing around with the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine, reminiscing on old sites I used to visit in the mid-late 90s when I was a teenager. Nintendo, IGN, the Star Wars Hasbro page, etc.

This got me around to searching the archive and finding the old Toshi Station site and their Wookie Theatre (Link). But there's one other site I used to go to back then that seemed to only briefly exist and I remember enjoying. I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Basically, it was a web comic series that someone put together using the Kenner POTF figures. It seemed to be a fairly popular fan project for maybe a year or so, maybe in 1998. All still images. I remember some of the "comics" being reenactments of scenes from the movies but with alternate, crass dialogue. An image of the garbage compactor comes to mind. There was definitely a christmas comic and I think one where a new figure shows up in their packaging and it's a big deal.

I don't remember how I found out about the site: it could have been an offhand mention in the Star Wars Insider or maybe someone mentioned it on some other fansite's board. My hope is that if I can figure out what it was called, at the very least, I can follow a trail of crumbs back to it in the Wayback Machine and see if my fond but limited memory of this site holds up, assuming any of the images are archived.

Like I said, any help would be much appreciated. Help a guy piece together a 20 year memory.

18. Anakin 99

Feb 27, 2016
    looking for Darth Vader get Healed on Kamino Stories

19. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I left the fandom awhile ago just thought I would check back in. Does anyone have the URL to my own story Its never to late?
    I have some of the story I believe saved on disk but can't find it.

pronker likes this.
  20. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Jeditheskyisblue
    I think THIS is it? From just a quick look at your story, it looks like your chapters might have been short enough to not get truncated, but I'm sure some of them will be since it was posted before the move. :( You might be able to find it completed on the wayback machine if you can find an old link.

Just FYI, how I found it was I googled:
    It's never to late and Jeditheskyisblue site:boards.theforce.net

Putting what you want to search and then site:boards.theforce.net will let you search on here.

pronker likes this.
  21. Jeditheskyisblue

Mar 17, 2001

Yes that's my story thank you so much.

22. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Jeditheskyisblue Hello. Some folks, such as GuerreStellari, have reposted their truncated stories with 'repost' in the header. Here's an example:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/starting-again-post-rots-obi-wan-beru-dark-au-reposted.50021378/

:)

23. Jeditheskyisblue

Mar 17, 2001

So far what I've read of Its never to late made the transfer. I also was blessed and found the CD with a copy of my story on it.

Cushing's Admirer and pronker like this.
  24. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Woohoo![face_dancing]

25. ewookie7

ewookie7 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2016
    Yaaaaaaay.