main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Hey does anyone have the second volume of the clone wars cartoon serious cause I can't wait to get it.

Sorry, Darth_Grievious, but this thread is for those who are looking for fan fiction. Perhaps you could try the various Clone Wars cartoon threads in the Small Screen Star Wars board.

On the other hand, if you want to try out some Clone Wars fan fiction . . . :)

- lazy

2. AngryWarrior

AngryWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    Its a story where Obi-Wan is captured, Qui-Gon makes it back to the temple. Obi-Wan ends up in a hospital and one of the nurses uses a drug to make him seem dead to get him out. But Qui-Gon shows up and really thinks he dead so he goes bad and kills everything in sight. In the meantime Obi-Wan has been rescued and is back at the Temple when he discovers Qui-Gon has gone bad and sneaks aboard the ship w/ everyone who is going back to get Qui-Gon. While back at the hospital Obi-Wan gets inpaled by Qui-Gon's lightsaber while trying to protect the nurse that got him out and Qui does not remember it and feels real guilty about it but Obi-Wan says he knows it was not completely his fault. The death of Tahl and percieved death of Obi-Wan was just too much and it sent him over the edge.

3. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Any AU fic where both Anakin and Padme are Jedi?

4. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Here's a link for a fic that ends up with Padmé as a Jedi Knight:

Star Wars Alternate Universe.

It's a great fic. But otherwise it's a genre that I don't like very much. However I think that on fanfiction.net there are more of them, recently updated. YOu should be able to find them easily.

5. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Could anyone recommend any long but end happy Luke and Mara fics?

6. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Alethia Do you have url for the stories you're thinking of? I would like to read them myself and see if perhaps I got it wrong it's been so long since I've read the story I'm looking for but I pretty sure I'm not lol.

Well, I did find the If I don't Catch You Series. But it's probably the one you found, because it also stops after they get married, and I know it went on.

And I finally found it: Julie the Tall Terror. It's her ff.net account and the fic you're interested in is the first one there, The Road Less Travelled. Hope that's what you were looking for!

7. Jeditheskyisblue

Mar 17, 2001
    Thank You! Thank You! Alethia that is the fic I was looking for.

8. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Welcome, I'm glad I found it. I enjoyed reading it again as well.

9. Anna_S

Anna_S Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    1) I'm trying to find a fic that has pretty much everyone in it. Obiwan and Sabe are a couple. Sabe is pregnant and is some kind of agent for the rebellion. Together with Padme they manage to get through to Anakin. He gets the suit removed and gets to meet the twins. Yoda, a really young Mara, and Han all play parts.
    2)I'm trying to find a fic where Padme is on Tatooine. When Luke and Obiwan leave, they take her with them. It is not Meredith's "Our Lady of Sighs."

Does anyone know anything about either of these stories? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

10. Jeditheskyisblue

Mar 17, 2001
    I'm looking for a fic I read a few years ago if not longer I believe. In it Qui-Gon lived I believe and Anakin and Obi-wan were cleaning rocks as punishment for something they had done.

If anyone remember which fic this is let me know.

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Jeditheskyisblue: There's Lest Ye Be Judged, which has Luke/Mara and ends happily for them, but for a lot of other people, it doesn't end happily.

12. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    I'm looking for a fic I read a few years ago if not longer I believe. In it Qui-Gon lived I believe and Anakin and Obi-wan were cleaning rocks as punishment for something they had done.

Dang it, I know that fic. I remember that scene... it was with toothbrushes or something, I think. But I have no clue what it is. I'll have to search some. I think it was in Classic...

13. Jeditheskyisblue

Mar 17, 2001
    Alethia

Yes that what they were using to clean the rocks with. If you ever find it let me know.

14. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Will do- I'm searching for it. I think I have it favorite-placed in IE, but since I have about 100 different sites favorite-placed, with probably at least a third of them fan fics from TFN, it might take me awhile...

15. Jeditheskyisblue

Mar 17, 2001
    I've been searching the classic board all day the down side to that is I only made it to page 20 because I kept stopping to read other stories I had forgot about that I find listed lol.

16. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I do the same thing!

17. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    As do I... I also randomly choose a page and then read all the fics that catch my eye on it. Great way to discover new fics. And I'm still searching for that one...

18. MasterBriseisKenobi1

MasterBriseisKenobi1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2005
    HELP! i can't find "Fear is the Mind Killer". has obi, qui, obi's gf, and the worst part is:
    I DON'T KNOW THE END!
    please help me search. and don't tell me the end!
    thanks bunches!

19. Viola_Telcontar

Viola_Telcontar Jedi Master star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    Sorry, MasterBriseisKenobi I can't find a fic with that name here or on ff.net. The only thing I came up with was "legacy" by p-stotts, who used the line "Fear is the Mindkiller".
    Do you remember the name of the author?

I've been away from this thread for too long, and now I've lost track of all lost/found stories. Maybe we should get things a little bit... er... tidier in here by numbering the lost fanfics?

Anyone found JediANGELA's famous fic?

20. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Oh no...forgot about that one, my lord. I'll have to start looking again.

And organizing the fics might be a good idea. In the first post there could be a list of fics that we've found definitely or something. And then the rest of the thread is for requests or something...

But yes, we probably should at least organize it by numbering fics or doing at least something.

21. Jeditheskyisblue

Mar 17, 2001
    Yes we do need to tided this thread up. I would go back and put all the fics that were found in the first post but I'm having computer trouble at the moment so I can't but I will when I get my problem fix. If someone before would get all the fics that have been found with the url for the fic and send them to me PM I would put the list up if not just wait until next week the problem with my computer is supposed to be fix by then.

22. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I'm looking for a fic where Darth Vader had, besides his own inner voice, the voice of Anakin Skywalker in his head, and they would have conversations. I also remember that Luke had a tattoo on his arm that was related to his favorite band. I think it was "The Vader" somethings. Anyone know it?

Also - anyone know of some good handmaiden fics?

Edit: Actually, any fic feature Naboo characters would be great - though i'd prefer that if there are Gungans, that the cast not be solely made up of them. Fics concerning the outcomes of the handmaidens/Padmé's family would be especially nice. :)

23. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    I don't remember Luke's tattoo (but then again, my memory is like a . . . um, one of those things you drain rice in, what was it called? :D), but I believe you're referring to this:

The Vader Monologues by BlindMan

- lazy

24. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Also - anyone know of some good handmaiden fics?

Edit: Actually, any fic feature Naboo characters would be great - though i'd prefer that if there are Gungans, that the cast not be solely made up of them. Fics concerning the outcomes of the handmaidens/Padmé's family would be especially nice.

Pretty sure that Targeter has some hand-maiden fics.

You could also try Gunray's Lawyer, who has a very long and well-written fic about Dormé during AOTC.

And I'll keep my eye out. Sorry for not linking, don't have the time.

25. Jeditheskyisblue

Mar 17, 2001
    41 is the number that should be used for the next fic search. Please also go to the first page of this thread and to the first post and read the first 40 fic searchs to see if you know any of them or just to see if your fic was found.

Thank You!