main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. darth_treyvah

darth_treyvah Jedi Master star 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Hello everyone. Just as a disclaimer, I am not sure if this is the right forum for this post. If it's not, would a Moderator kindly move it to the appropriate place. I would greatly appreciate it, one way or another.

I'm wondering if anyone, from the old days, before 2011 may have saved my fics somewhere? As some you might might know, the First Great Move left many old posts truncated. There had been promises to restore them. I'd hoped that with the newest modifications and upgrades -- this next Move that recently occurred -- that this would be rectified but, unfortunately, they were not. They also do not exist on the Wayback Machine from what I have been able to determine on my own. I didn't have the foresight to save my fics then: a fact that I regret to this very day. I've since learned from my own mistakes, but I still lost all of those old fics.

So here is what I am looking for, fellow Council members who may remember.

- The Battle For Ascendance (I probably wouldn't continue this anyway as I am not sure I want continue what is now Legends, but I really liked my writing there)

- The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise

- I've Had It

- A Certain Point of View (where I had been writing the Old Trilogy from the perspectives of Obi-Wan and Yoda, now Legends)

- What Do You Get When

- A Broken Shadow Reborn

- Inheritance Claimed

- You Are the Person I Wanted To Be

- Watching From the Darkness, Remembering the Light

I wish I could find all of them. I was darth_treyvah then too. But if anyone has saved them and is willing to share them, I would greatly appreciate it. And I will definitely save them in more than one place. Thank you, and may the Force be with you. Always.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Feb 25, 2010
    @darth_treyvah I've moved your post into the 'looking for fics' thread, as it is probably the best place to find if someone has copies (or can find them on the Wayback Machine).

Ewok Poet and darth_treyvah like this.
  3. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I'm incredibly fascinated by the post-Episode I, pre-Episode II lead up from 1999-2002. I've found a lot of awesome Episode II speculation stories (Decline of the Republic, Path of Shadows, Sovereign of the Shadows, Arm of Vader, etc.)

Was there ever section either here or on other fanfic sites that was dedicated to Episode II speculation fanfics?

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    It wasn't a section devoted to it, it was just in the "Before the Saga" page. Way back in the mists of time (which is when I was a mod around here), "Before the Saga" actually meant the Prequel era, anything from KotR up to ANH. The Saga was ANH to ESB. And Beyond the Saga was anything after ESB, so all the NJO stuff, the Solo twins, Vong War, etc. fell into that. If you go to the Classics board, where all the three boards were converged into one, you'll find a lot of stuff there, though you'll have to sort by reverse order. Also, a board move meant that a lot of stories were truncated, where the posts cut off after so many words. But if you find one you like, you can check some of the other big fanfiction sites, like FF.N or AO3 by title, because a lot of authors cross-posted, and you might find them there as well in their entirety.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Deliveranze likes this.