main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. darth_treyvah

darth_treyvah Jedi Master star 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Hello everyone. Just as a disclaimer, I am not sure if this is the right forum for this post. If it's not, would a Moderator kindly move it to the appropriate place. I would greatly appreciate it, one way or another.

I'm wondering if anyone, from the old days, before 2011 may have saved my fics somewhere? As some you might might know, the First Great Move left many old posts truncated. There had been promises to restore them. I'd hoped that with the newest modifications and upgrades -- this next Move that recently occurred -- that this would be rectified but, unfortunately, they were not. They also do not exist on the Wayback Machine from what I have been able to determine on my own. I didn't have the foresight to save my fics then: a fact that I regret to this very day. I've since learned from my own mistakes, but I still lost all of those old fics.

So here is what I am looking for, fellow Council members who may remember.

- The Battle For Ascendance (I probably wouldn't continue this anyway as I am not sure I want continue what is now Legends, but I really liked my writing there)

- The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise

- I've Had It

- A Certain Point of View (where I had been writing the Old Trilogy from the perspectives of Obi-Wan and Yoda, now Legends)

- What Do You Get When

- A Broken Shadow Reborn

- Inheritance Claimed

- You Are the Person I Wanted To Be

- Watching From the Darkness, Remembering the Light

I wish I could find all of them. I was darth_treyvah then too. But if anyone has saved them and is willing to share them, I would greatly appreciate it. And I will definitely save them in more than one place. Thank you, and may the Force be with you. Always.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    @darth_treyvah I've moved your post into the 'looking for fics' thread, as it is probably the best place to find if someone has copies (or can find them on the Wayback Machine).

Ewok Poet and darth_treyvah like this.
  3. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I'm incredibly fascinated by the post-Episode I, pre-Episode II lead up from 1999-2002. I've found a lot of awesome Episode II speculation stories (Decline of the Republic, Path of Shadows, Sovereign of the Shadows, Arm of Vader, etc.)

Was there ever section either here or on other fanfic sites that was dedicated to Episode II speculation fanfics?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    It wasn't a section devoted to it, it was just in the "Before the Saga" page. Way back in the mists of time (which is when I was a mod around here), "Before the Saga" actually meant the Prequel era, anything from KotR up to ANH. The Saga was ANH to ESB. And Beyond the Saga was anything after ESB, so all the NJO stuff, the Solo twins, Vong War, etc. fell into that. If you go to the Classics board, where all the three boards were converged into one, you'll find a lot of stuff there, though you'll have to sort by reverse order. Also, a board move meant that a lot of stories were truncated, where the posts cut off after so many words. But if you find one you like, you can check some of the other big fanfiction sites, like FF.N or AO3 by title, because a lot of authors cross-posted, and you might find them there as well in their entirety.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Deliveranze likes this.
  5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    *pokes head out of Lurkdom*

So... Rebels has recently dragged my inner-Thrawn out from hiding and I've been scouring my bookmarks for all the Thrawn stories out there. Anyway... one of them is Dark Mirror by Gandalf the Grey here on JFC, however its truncated by the first move. Does anyone by chance have a full copy of it somewhere? Has it been reposted by Gandalf perchance? I really really would like to re-read this story. It was one of my favorite NJO tales.

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  6. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    @CmdrMitthrawnuruodo I've been looking for that one too, and apparently it isn't posted anywhere else :( I only found a partial backup on the Wayback Machine: starting here there are ten consecutive pages that cover posts 1-151 and here three consecutive pages that cover posts 1201-1275. So basically there's a backup of the beginning and the end of the story, but the middle is missing.

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    :( It was such an awesome story. I remember hurrying home from work when it got really intense to see if Gandalf posted a new part.

Chyntuck likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh dear. That sounds like something I would ADORE to read. =P~

Does anyone know of a story about Jaina being pregnant and Jag's missing and Kyp and her get closer. [face_thinking] I like Jaina with either Jag or Kyp ;) and this I think had a strong family feels because Kyp helped her out with her younglings. :D

pronker and Ewok Poet like this.
  9. droid_j

droid_j Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2018
    Hello, I am a new fan of the Star Wars series. I just recently watched Star Wars episode 1 and Star Wars episode 2. Can anyone here recommend me really good and well written fanfiction centering aroun Anakin and Amidala?

I decided to create a website using the hPage.com website builder and I am compiling really good stories on my favorite ship in the Star Wars, series, Anakin and Amidala. I am then planning to post the links of the fanfiction there.

In case anyone wants to have their own website as well you can use what I used:
    Create a free website - hPage.com

Thanks!!

Mod edit: Welcome! I moved your questing to an existing thread covering this sort of questions.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  10. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I'm looking for a story I read years ago, where Anakin lives past ROTJ, and I think Luke and him started a Jedi academy on Naboo.
    I don't remember a whole lot, I think I read it on ff.net, and tried searching for it but haven't found it.
    I don't remember the name of the fic.
    I would very much appreciate if anyone who knows what story I'm talking about, can pm me the name or link.

11. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  12. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    @Kahara

Thanks,
    it's been so long, but I think these might be it. I'll check it out.

Kahara likes this.
  13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hi, and welcome! One very fine Anakin and Padmé story that comes to mind is @Ewok Poet ’s “Drops of Mustafar,” which looks at their love and tragedy’s through the eyes of a far-future narrator (though it may be helpful if you see Episode 3 before reading that one). @Mira_Jade ’s “An Old Song Re-Sung” centers fairly strongly around Anakin and Padmé; it’s an alternatie-universe take in which Anakin does not fall to the dark side. Hope this helps to start, and happy reading! :)

Ewok Poet, Kahara and Tarsier like this.
  14. Rabin_Lorac

Rabin_Lorac Jedi Master

Nov 19, 2011
    I am looking for a Star Wars short story that I once read. In this story the main protagonist is a force wielder that is confronted by a Sith. This force wielder is not a Jedi nor a Sith. But he follows a path called the Now. During the confrontation he tells the Sith that he is more powerful than any Sith or Jedi. He educates the Sith how the Jedi look back to the past for their power (knowledge past down and expanded over the millennium) and the SIth look to the future ( how one day they will rule, win, defeat the Jedi, whatever its personal goal is) for their power. But both fail to look at the present which he calls the Now. In the end the Sith does defeat him. However, it is the protagonist that defeats himself because during the battle he glimpse in the future to counter the Sith and thus loses the focus on the Now. His last words are something of another about how he is not a master of the Now that he thought he was.

I do not recall where I read this story. However, I thought I read it somewhere here on the Jedi Council Forums. But I could be wrong.

Thanks for all your help!

15. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Does anyone have the story by Anakin_Heartbreaker : Why do I love you , saved the one here at the forum didn't come over completely from the old board, and I would like to reread it. If any does please email it to me at jeditheskyisblue@yahoo.com

16. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Hiya guys, not sure if this is the right place, but can anyone recommend some good Obi-Wan Kenobi hurt/comfort fics on this site?

Also, kinda random, but if anyone can think of it, I read this one a while back before I was a part of JCF, and all I remember was that it was about Obi-Wan as a Padawan, and he was at the healer's for some time in it, it started with the line "Hey, y'all..." and that @Healer_Leona commented on it, and her name was used as the healer in the story. So, you know, kind of vague but if anyone can think of it... :p:p

17. Elizabeth2020

Elizabeth2020 Jedi Padawan

Sep 14, 2018
    Hi all!
    Can you help me, pretty please? That truncation is a B.
    Look for writer 'Scruffy-looking' (IRL name 'Fred') stories.
    Most interested in The Love of a Jedi, first posted July 29th 2002, could only find the first page of the forum on WayBack here >
    http://web.archive.org/web/20050221023016/http://boards.theforce.net:80/message.asp?topic=8106962

Broken Vows (found partially here,
    http://web.archive.org/web/20080617085535/http://boards.theforce.net:80/message.asp?topic=8537801)

Anyone....Bueller...Bueller?

Kahara likes this.
  18. droid_j

droid_j Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2018
    Thank you for the suggestions. Will read them soon!

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I think I found it! Check it out (there's a link to the other chapters at the bottom of the screen):
    http://moonsofiego.thepensieve.net/couple/fanfic/aotc/lovejedi1.php

Kahara likes this.
  20. cje24576

cje24576 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 21, 2010
    Hey all. I’m looking for a fic. It takes place during Revenge of the Sith (I’m pretty sure it all takes place on Mustafar). R2 knocks some sense into Anakin. I really love this fic & would love to find it again. It was either on this site or FanFiction.Net. Even if you have just guesses as to what story it could be, that would be good.

21. bobodoll131

bobodoll131 Jedi Knight

Mar 5, 2018
    I need some help finding an old story on fanfiction.net
    It had a holoreporter stationed with the rebels interviewing Luke, then from her PoV we see him using the Force to help the fleet escape an Imperial trap.
    Thanks!

22. cje24576

cje24576 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 21, 2010
  23. Lady Mary

Lady Mary Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2014
    I think it's this one
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6836473/1/All-But-Name

pronker likes this.
  24. Darth Voldemort

Darth Voldemort Jedi Master star 1

Oct 21, 2014
    I've been wondering if there are any alternate fan-made story-lines of the original trilogy.

I saw a website years ago on an alternate script to Air Force One the movie and it was awesome. I found it was part of a website of all these alternate scripts.

I lost the website, but I'm wondering if there are similar scripts for the original Star Wars movies made by fans. Can anyone point me to them? Many thanks.

Mav Edit: Hi Darth Voldemort! I've moved your question to the Looking for Fics thread as that's the best place to ask!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2019
  25. Lydia99

Lydia99 Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2019
    Hey everyone! I'm not a native English speaker, so I apologize if there are any grammatical or spelling mistakes here.

There's a fic in here called "The Legacy" where Darth Vader discovers and trains Leia at age seven. It is so good written, but unfortunately it seems discontinued. I was wondering if the story exists on another similar website and is completed, if anyone knows?

Do you maybe know any other stories similar to this one? Vader discovering Leia at a young age?

Thank you in advance!

Mira_Jade likes this.