New Jersey Looking for fiction writers in the NE-USA

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DwDunphy, Jun 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DwDunphy Jedi Padawan

Howdy.

I'm posting this message for two reasons, the first being that I know this site has "fan fiction" departments and, therefore, has members interested in that sort of thing.

My name is Dw. Dunphy, writer of dubious disctinction (yeah, man!). My serialized novel, "Drivers of the Plague" is up and running at Gateway SF Magazine (www.gateway-sf-magazine.com/plague-drivers.html). I invite all to check it out, but that's not the purpose of this message.

I'm currently weighing the option to start a science fiction e-zine of my own. The slant will be pseudo-satirical, kind of in the vein of McSweeney's... Except with a sci-fi inclination (maybe it's my backward tribute to Douglas Adams or something). Anyway, I wanted to know from the fledgling writers out there if there's room for another sci-fi e-zine that takes itself a litle LESS seriously. Also, if there were such a thing, would you visit, read or even contribute?

I'd be looking for unique stories, no Lucasfilm fan fiction (because I can't afford lawsuits), but with a definite atitude toward fun and a little bit of humor.

Well, just wondering...
    Dw. Dunphy

www.gateway-sf-magazine.com/plague-drivers.html
  2. Master_Hydeck Jedi Knight

star 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.