main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking For Hardcore Star Wars Fans Good At Photoshopping Photos

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by LASTJEDICHOSENONE, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LASTJEDICHOSENONE

LASTJEDICHOSENONE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    Hi, Fellow "Star Wars" Fans!

For the past few years, I've been impersonating Luke Skywalker for a variety of gigs. Part of this entails posing for photos. However, I've never had the type of photoshop software needed to give some of those photos the "Star Wars" enhancements that would make them far MORE fun and professional. Recently, another "Star Wars" fan came across some of those photos and really liked them, but commented that they could be enhanced and made so much better, and offered to do it. He sent me a handful of enhanced versions of my photos and they were GREAT! But...as he is a teenager, in addition to being busy with both school and a job, he had that typical teenager thing happen where you get excited to start something, but then the excitement wears off and something else new catches your attention instead, etc., etc.. He's a really cool guy, and I understand his position, too. But he kind of floundered in finishing the photos.

I'm hoping to find another fellow "Star Wars" fan who would be as excited and passionate to have fun with my photos as my friend was in the beginning. Part of the reason also is that one of my gigs was playing Luke for a full-length feature independent film about "Star Wars" (not a "Star Wars" film, but just ABOUT SW) that also features a handful of real :"Star Wars" actors such as Carrie Fisher, David Prowse and others. It's due out this year. But the studios (Catchphrase Entertainment) loved these enhanced versions of the photos - having taken some of those photos themselves while filming, and they just might wind up being used for some promotional publicity photos when the movie comes out later this year.

So, if anyone here might be interested in helping out with good photoshop, by all means, please let me know!

MUCH Thanks in Advance For Your Time!

Btw...you can see these photos to know what I'm talking about on a special myspace profile I have set up for this: http://hlywdlukeskywalker There's also http://gerardsskywalkersite.tripod.com (Presently under re-construction, but there are a handful of photos there)

2. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    If you have a publisher already, they're bound to have someone who knows how to use photochop.

Spam.

We do have a film board, too.
    http://boards.theforce.net/fan_films_fan_audio_scifi_3d_forum/b10015/p1

3. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I wouldn't say this is spam.
    He's just asking for advice/assistance.

Now if he had posted in several forums the same post, then yes; however, this is his 1st post in some time.

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Rex, if you think, it's spam, then I ask you to send Hal, Mac or me a PM. That's a lot better than posting it here. Thanks.

Sorry for going off topic, Lastjedichosenone. Let's get back to topic everyone, please. :)

5. LASTJEDICHOSENONE

Aug 25, 2002
    This isn't intended to be spam, guys. I really am just asking for assistance and it is in something 100% related to "Star Wars". This section said anything and everything "Star Wars" could be discussed. This was the best place I could think of to try to get help finishing my "Star Wars" project.

And, no, I don't have a publisher. The studios in charge of the movie are doing their own thing with only the particular studio photos they took themselves in the future. But I've taken several photos of my own with other photographers who don't have that kind of photo-shop. But the studios have liked the photos Ive taken on my own that were photo-shopped and are considering maybe using them with my permission and the permission of the photographer, which, of course, I will give them. However, since many of the photos are not ones they themselves took, they have no obligation to use or photo-shop the for me. They are interested in the ones that are photo-shopped because they already are photo-shopped. If that makes any sense? LOL! So, for the most part, I'm on my own with this. And that's why I'm here hoping for help.

6. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    Hmm.. sounds alright.

So, lemme get this right, you just need some saber effects, or you want someone to create posters, or what?

Because, frankly, I can do much nicer saber FX than what you have there, so I might be able to lend a hand there. Not so much with the stitching. This is essentially a fan made movie, yes?

Shoot me a PM if what you want is saber FX.

7. LASTJEDICHOSENONE

Aug 25, 2002
    Thanks! If that was you that sent me the PM I just read, then I have just replied and sent you direct contact info.

The film isn't fan-made. Here's the basic gist of it: It's an actual studio (though not a MAJOR one like Fox, Warner Bros., MGM, or any of those big names, but still a working studio with some big name stars in some of their previous films) that produces other films. This one is about "Star Wars" and the positive effects it has on the lives of its fans as well as its actors. Carrie Fisher, David Prowse, and others from both trilogies are in it as well. Mark Hamill wanted to be in it, but he was stuck in London throughout most of the initial filming. But that would have been cool. They still might be able to get him if he happens to be around and in town. The only thing is that they are almost finished with post-production already, which means the movie is almost finished and ready for release in the not-too-distant future. But this is basically a documentary that uses re-enactments by fans as their favorite characters as part of it. Plus interviews. But it is a full-length feature film at the same time.

I was chosen to be the central star of the film. It features me impersonating Luke in a variety of ways and follows my own real-life search for my biological father as there are many ironic parallels between Luke trying to learn about and discovering his father and my situation regarding my biological father. I grew up adopted right at birth and though I always knew I was adopted, all the details were meticulously kept from me. My adoptive parents were determined that I must never know or find out anything about my biological parents. But recently, my biological mother found me via information I put out to BE found. And I now have an incredible new second family as a result that are my own flesh and blood as well as my adoptive family that raised me. But it turns out my bio mother had a falling out with my bio father, a man whom she said was a great guy at first, but then completely changed when he realized he couldn't have her in the end, and she will not give me all the details I need to find him. So, I'm barred from secrecy yet again. When not discussing and re-enacting the "Star Wars" films with me and my supporting cast, the real "Star Wars" actors, and other fans, this movie films my quest to try to find out who my real life biological father is and what the whole story really is with him.

As for as the photos and photo-shopping goes, what I'm hoping for is just help with lightsabers, blaster fire, and switching backgrounds / environments in the photos. The way I did it with the previous guy is he had me send him some photos and he would just photo-shop the pics and email them back to me enhanced. That was all. Thanks for the offer! Hope to hear from you soon!

8. LASTJEDICHOSENONE

Aug 25, 2002
    I've had some fantastic help recently. But, as this person is getting a little busy, anyone else willing to help out in the meantime is certainly welcome! You can see the works of both my helpers so far (Zowie Koharcheck and Jennie Andersson) in my Luke Skywalker photo albums at http://www.myspace.com/GerardChristianZacher or http://www.myspace.com/HlywdLukeSkywalker

9. LASTJEDICHOSENONE

Aug 25, 2002
    Still looking. LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.