main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Looking For Help For Fan Film In Washington, DC

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Surfgod, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surfgod

Surfgod Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Hi there I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm making a Star Wars movie and I'm looking for help from people in each major city to film me three daytime shots with a normal digital video camera then send to me through MSN Messenger.

For Washington I need a far shot of the White House or another famous landmark, a shot of a person with a sweater with the hood up walking nearby it (while carrying a sabre handle or opened flashlight) and finally a closeup shot of the persons face walking.

I'd really appreciate any help from anyone who can spare the time which should take five minutes. I'm filming this in Vancouver, Canada and already have locations filmed in Las Vegas and Mexico. To reach me on MSN Messenger my e-mail is Viper998@hotmail.com

Dan Lalonde

2. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    I hope you have the expressed written permission from these random people you are filming or a lawsuit could be in your future.

3. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    How often do you see random people with a sweater with the hood up walking while carrying a sabre handle or opened flashlight?

He wants someone to film an "actor" doing this.

4. Surfgod

Jun 12, 2005
    No I know I cant make money off this, I'm doing this as a test as a filmmaker and to get job in the film industry thats not a P.A plus George Lucas has that year contest on fan films and thats a reason. This takes place in modern day where Jedi are like Hercules and Zeus and the plot is very dark.

As for wanting actors I'm not looking for an actor as I'm hoping just to find someone who can do this for me. I'm not looking for a person to wear a Jedi robe and carry an actual lightsabre but a sweater with hood up, sorta like those university ones. And I found by unscrewing the light out of a flashlight it can look like sabre handle.

Any of you guys interested in helping?

5. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I meant actor in the sense that you need one person to film and another to do the walk by. Not a paid actor. ;)

6. Surfgod

Jun 12, 2005
    Yah you got it.

7. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Yeah good luck filming someone walking by the friggin White House with their hood up and some odd object in their hands.

Filimg the White House alone, that'll get you popped by the police. They don't take kindly to someone with a video camera just filming places like that.

8. Surfgod

Jun 12, 2005
    No all I need is one shot of the White House and a shot of the person with the White House in the background. It doesnt have to have the person on Pennsylvania Avenue.

Anyway I've gotten some new world cities and I would like Washington since its the capital of America.

So is there anyone out there in Washington who can help me please?

9. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Personally, I have yet to enter the digital age, so can't help you there. I may go back to making etchings on rocks if I can't remember to get a new battery for my regular camers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.