main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

looking for info

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Luke_Vader1977, Feb 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_Vader1977

Luke_Vader1977 Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2003
    ok...i'm not sure where i first read this that George said...it was either online or in the Insider...an interviewer (i think) asked George about Episodes 7, 8, and 9 and George pretty much said..."everything i had planned for Episodes 7, 8, and 9 were put into Episode 6 : Return of the Jedi" he just went on for a second or two explaining that all the ideas were made into one episode...

ok i know for a fact that i have read that before...but now i'm having troubles locating where i read that at...and someone has prompted me to prove that i have read George say that because they dont believe it...nor have they ever even heard of that.

any help you could give would be greatly appreciated

JMT Edit - Please use this thread: The Official 7,8 And 9 Thread!!!!!. Thanks.

2. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I'm not sure.

but welcome to the boards!!! :)

3. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
  4. Tropical_Plumber

Tropical_Plumber Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    I know that Gary Kurtz mentioned that information in a interview a while ago, but I can't remember where and when exactly.

It may have been in his interview with Filmforce at IGN.com a while back.

5. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Yes, welcome! :D

There are many rumors that GL will make more after E3. However, in the interview I heard, GL said he wouldn't make any more; direct quote, "I'm getting to old for this sort of thing".

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

6. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Alan Arnold: Tell me more about the overall cncept of the Star Wars saga.

George Lucas: There are essentially nine films in a series of three trilogies.

The first trilogy is about the young Ben Kenobi and the early life of Luke's father when Luke was a little boy.

This trilogy takes place some twenty years before the second trilogy which includes Star Wars and Empire. About a year or two passes between each story of the trilogy and about twenty years pass between the trilogies.

The entire saga spans about fifty-five years.

AA: How much is written?

GL: I have story treatments on all nine. I also have voluminous notes, histories, and other material I've developed for various purposes. Some of it will be used, some not. Originally, when I wrote Star Wars, it developed into an epic on the scale of War and Peace, so big I couldn't possibly make it into a movie.

So I cut it in half, but it was still too big, so I cut each half into three parts.

I then had material for six movies. After the success of Star Wars I added another trilogy but stopped there, primarily because reality took over.

After all, it takes three years to prepare and make a Star Wars picture. How many years are left? So I'm still left with three trilogies of nine films. At two hours each, that's about eighteen hours of film!

That seems similiar, although it doesn't really reference to the fact that he put the concept of the sequel into ROTJ as it shows the fact that he wasn't planning to do a sequel trilogy afterwards.... ;)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

7. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Good info, KenKenobi. Thx! :D

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

8. Luke_Vader1977

Luke_Vader1977 Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2003
    good info everyone...and thanks for the "welcome aboard"...but i dont think that this will be enough to settle the friendly dispute...if anyone happens to find anything else...help me out here! :D

did the convo that i mentioned sound familiar at all to anyone? or have i totally taken what he said out of context? i really dont think that i have, but i have been wrong...once ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.