Orlando, FL Looking for local help

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Lewis_Black, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewis_Black Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey all,
    I've got a problem that y'all are uniquely qualified to help me with. Back for AOTC, a friend of mine got me tickets for the midnight digital projector screening here at the Pavillions in Denver. I was floored. I won't see premieres any other way. I was all set to go for ROTS, but then I got approved againg for the Disney internship. I report May 16th.
    What I need is a place anywhere in central Florida that has a digital screen. I know that Pleasure Island AMC doesn't have one, but the multi-level screen (where I was for opening day T3) is pretty cool. Does Universal have one? Daytona? Melbourne? Heck, I'll even schlepp over to Tampa if need be. I would love any information about opening night that anyone has. I'd be so excited for living in Orlando again and making Star Wars Weekends again if not for this fiasco. I hate to sound like a snob. I'm not really. I just want the end of sci-fi to be perfect (a discussion for another time...lol).

Grant
  2. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    Pleaure Island should have one, because that's where I saw the digital print of AOTC. So unless they uninstalled it since then, that's the place to be.

L8r
  3. Pikaroth Force Ghost

star 3
    I just wanted to respond and say that, yes, Disney does have a digital screen, which is where I saw Attack of the Clones at midnight in 2002, and, I assume, Revenge of the Sith will premier there, too. Actually, Attack of the Clones sold out on *ten* screens during that night, a full five more than The Phantom Menace. Anyway, if you ever want to get MUCH more help that will be provided here, check out our official Orlando Fan Force boards located here:

http://fanforce.roguezeppo.com/forum/index.php

There might seem to be a ton of areas when you first visit it, and there are, but just look around, get involved, and you WILL be kept up-to-date on the digital screen at Disney.

Brandon
  4. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Tickets are now on sale. And have been for half a week. Check AMCtheaters.com for that and our site for Orlando System planning and information:
    http://fanforce.roguezeppo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=197
    -Campbell

5. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    opening night sold out the first evening though, so dont try for opening digital viewing
  6. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    CinemaWorld 16 in Melbourne has the only other digital projector I know of in Central Florida or perhaps in this state. It went into use for AOTC. Its a stadium seated theater and decent sized screen. Its on 192 just off 95, you can't miss it. Tickets will probably still be on sale days in advance and it has the midnite showing.
  7. Jace Darkrider Jedi Knight

star 3
    I came down to Orlando from Atlanta during AOTC just to see the digital print (okay, that's a lie, I saw some family too). AMC Pleasure Island does indeed have a digital projector.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.