main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for new friends

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by SovereignKnight, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    Hi all. Just moved to Salt Lake and wanted to say hey. I met some of you about a year ago on Halloween, but I doubt anyone remembers me. I'm a tad shy. Will someone be my new friend?

2. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I was at the Halloween party last year(I was wearing the John Crichton costume), but I have to say that I don't remember you. Sorry.

But I'll be your friend!

3. Jedi_Tru

Jedi_Tru Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2005
    Hiya! Well, if you list some of your interests I'm sure it would help to find the people with something in common - the great jumpstarter in friendships. [face_idea] What do you like to do???

I wasn't at the halloween party so of course I can't remember you from that either...:D

Looking forward to hearing more!

4. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    You're here. You finally made it. Yay. *dances*

You have to come to the party this weekend. :D

Welcome to the group.

How did the move go? Everything okay? Need any help with moving still?

5. Shadow_Wolf_3882

Shadow_Wolf_3882 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2004
    I'm the same way as Mary. Hehehe...and yes, you have to come to the party this weekend.

6. SovereignKnight

Dec 17, 2001
    Party?

I'm in St Louis right now, but I'll be back on Friday. I got to spend a whole two days at my expensive apartment before flying off on a work assignment, but after this week I should be home for the rest of the year.

I have everything all moved in, and I appriciate the offer for help. I don't have any furniture as of yet, so I may take you up on it if it still stands.

My interests? Hmm... well, I love movies. I suppose that's the biggie. I also like outdoorsy-type stuff like hiking and biking, and I'm looking forward to learning how to ski. I'm also an artist and musician, although I haven't had much time for either in the past few years. My last artistic endeavor was the completion of a short screenplay a few weeks ago which should be going before the cameras in NYC later this month.

My first big project once I get home is to start in on my home theater. I have a pretty big bedroom, which I'll be converting into my theater complete with a 9' projection screen and surround sound. I did a little test by watching Episode III the other night and I can tell you that it looks great when it covers an entire wall of your apartment. I can't wait to get the screen built. Maybe I'll host a movie night sometime if anyone is interested.

7. Shadow_Wolf_3882

Shadow_Wolf_3882 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2004
    You're in luck. It's Saturday. The thread's here. And as long as it's after 3 PM and not a Sunday of Monday, I'm good to go to help.

8. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Just moved to SLC & not much furniture? Take my advice (as someone who just moved to SLC last year & didn't have much furniture) buy a nice big Luvsac. A bit pricy but well worth every penny.

Oh, yeah, welcome to SLC & hope to meet you sometime.
    (I work for TSA at the airport & only have Sundays & Mondays free right now so I don't get to stuff very often.)

9. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    She has a point, but she did get to see me before I left for my vacation a few weeks ago.

10. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Not only did I see her at the airport but I patted her down in front of her mom & dad & everybody. [face_laugh]

11. SovereignKnight

Dec 17, 2001
    Me standing in front of my TV.

[image=http://www.worldsindigital.com/starwarswall.jpg]

12. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    You know, I've owned Episode III for nearly a month now and I have yet to watch it.

13. frio_carr

frio_carr Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    good, I thought I was the only one

/me feels like a less then true fan... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.