main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for people in Southern New Jersey - Philadelphia to discuss making a Fanfilm

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by pwinklespi, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Hello people! I live in South Jersey. About 5 minutes outside of Philly. I am a huge Star Wars fan and am looking for other fans who would like to make a Fan Film. I have Park Sabers, Jedi Costumes a script and I will be purchasing a Canon XL1S camera within the next month. Honestly I am new to the whole thing. I don't have any software for editing or effects or anything. That part I think I will hire someone for.
    I AM JUST LOOKING TO HAVE FUN. I'm not looking to make the Empire Strikes Back or Episode 8 or anything like that. I want to make a serious Fan film, but also a few goofy ones too. Just looking for other Star Wars fans that woulds be interested. If you aren't interested and just want to chat withg another Fan in the area, let me know!
    May the Force and reality be with us.

2. Tech_Krill

Tech_Krill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    Maybe you should try your local FanForce...search them out at FanForce.net and see if they'd be interested.

Tryin to help you out :p

3. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Thanks! I'll check it out.

4. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    The Philly Outer Rim group is a FanForce spin-off in the Philly area. I used a number of their members in a fan film shoot where I needed a bunch of Jedi.
    Other than the female lead, everyone in This Clip is from Philly Outer Rim.

More on my overall fan film project here.

Also, Durbnpoisn is in Jersey. You may need to email him to make contact.

Anyway, you're already off to a good start posting about your project here. Don't limit yourself to local help. There are loads of talented people here willing to work on worthy projects. Post up some more details about what you're planning, what you've done, and what you need and you're likely to find lots of resourses in reply.

Have fun.

5. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Nick, thanks a million. I'll check that out too. I'll give more details on the project as well. I think it's worthy. I'm excited.

6. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    I would also like to point you to the database in my sig. You can make yourself a profile, and also you can search for people who are looking for work.

You will find that in terms of FX, and voice work, it doesn't matter where people are located.

Aaah, the joy of the internet...

7. HamillianActor

HamillianActor Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2004
    I'll from Southern Jersey and will be returning there shortly. I'm in Florida, my college residence right now, but I should be back home for the summer within the week. I'll be home till round the middle or end of June.

I have a GL-2 and a Powerbook G4 with Final Cut Pro 4 and would love to lend a hand in a shooting, writing, editing, or any other capacity. Give me an email and we'll work out details.

8. HamillianActor

HamillianActor Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2004
    And I completely forgot to mention that I'm in Mays Landing, where are you operating from?

9. Darth_Obstreperous

Darth_Obstreperous Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    I go at Drexel University right outside Center City in Philly.
    Just to say.

10. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Cool! I graduated from Drexel!
    A long time ago ....

Have fun. :)

11. Darth_Obstreperous

Darth_Obstreperous Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    We also had a PM conversation about this a long time ago, Nick.
    :p

12. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Yeah, I was thinking about that when I was posting, but I couldn't remember if it was you your some one else and was just too darn lazy to go back into my PM history to look it up.

Still a Film major? How's it going ??
    (all in the interest of helping out pwinklespi, here, of course ;) )

Have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.