main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for Plot Bunnies for Far, Far Future Fic.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarkElfa, Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkElfa

DarkElfa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2005
    I'm currently working on a story that's not based on characters, instead it focuses on events. Kind of like a Chronology of events that take place during the 35,000 years after the invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong. I have the events down for the final 2500 years but I need some bunnies for the 10,000 years immediatly following the defeat of the Vong. Info on Jedi and Sith are welcome as well as any wars, heroes, villians, discoveries, natural events and cultural issues. Please be as discriptive or undiscriptive as you want. I'm hoping to have this finished by March at the earliest.

Thanks.

P.S. I didn't post this need in the Plot Bunnie thread because I'm hoping for a large turnout of ideas from many people and I didn't wish to hijack the other thread. Also, if your interested in writing a piece of the Chronology, feel free to let me know here and you'll recieve co-author credit in the final release. I also might require some help in filling in some of the events during the final 25,000 years, so if you would like to give some ideas there, let me know what they are and I'll let you know if they fit in there or can be used.

2. DarkDroid

DarkDroid Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    Well, from my experiance writing far future fan fiction, usually in that time period I would imagine some maniac would revive a super weapon of some sorts, which happens a lot in most far future fics. This would be the most obvious suggestion...

Maybe in the distant future, the entire Unknown Regions is explored... but how? And what do people find there? I think that would be a pretty good plot to explore.

Or maybe some sort of revolt... perhaps the return of a long-thought-to-be-extinct alien race (I've even done it myself, with the Yevetha)?

Maybe you could write about the mass extinction of another race or government of some sort. Maybe even something really crazy...

There a lot of possibilities in writing far future though... don't give up! :)

3. DarkElfa

Jan 1, 2005
    Well, the last 25,000 years involve a full length 10,000 year war and the 12,000 year construction of an artificial world. While your ideas are welcome and quite intriguing, I need more articulate and precise stories of things taking place in the first 10,000 years.

You see, I don't just want to try and tackle 35,000 years of Star Wars Universe history all by myself. Many people here have invisioned short stories and sweeping epics in this universe and I think that they could contribute some fascinating ideas for the next 10 thousand years.

This is a brief draft for a chapter prologue.

The Current Age

The modern age of the Republic started only 3200 years ago with the completion of the GCR or Great Core Ring. With the devastation of the inner and outer core worlds during the 10,000 year war, what was left of the Republic had no place to call home, no center for political and cultural meeting. The total population of the Republic had been reduced to less than 300 million individuals total. Many races such as the Rodians, Bothans, Twi?lek and Mon Calamari had been exterminated from existence in brutal acts of genocide. Others were killed off in the long span of time before the war. The Gungans, Weequay, Quarren, Ithorians and Duros to name a few. The Hutts had been destroyed by the Wookies after their failed invasion of Kashyyyk turned into a blood feud that ended with the Wookies leveling the surface of Nal Hutta and the complete annexation of previous Hutt controlled space to the Republic, there by eliminating slavery on many worlds. Once the war ended, these few left were huddled together on the only habitable planet remaining in the Republic, Corellia. This led to the idea of creating the GCR.

4. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Possibly a silly question but what about the Selonians and the Drall, since their worlds are in the Corellian system (or to put it another way is Corellia the only one of the inhabited worlds in the Corellian system to still be inhabitable... Overload at Centerpoint Station? Destroyed Talus and Tralus directly and created a feedback in the planetary repulsors on the other planets, except for Corellia because someone had blown it up to prevent the Sal-Solos gaining control of it...).

One thing I find interesting is that the Quarren were killed off before the war and the Mon Calamari during it, rather than them becoming extinct at the same time. Makes it sound like the ancient conflict between them had flared up again with the Mon Calamari deciding on genocide rather than trying social engineering a second time.

Not sure about any other ideas, that is a very long time and a lot has happened.

5. DarkElfa

Jan 1, 2005
    No Corellia is the ONLY planet in Republic space left that can sustain life. The 10,000 year war left all other planets decimated. I didn't want to give this away yet but it might help. The war was between sentient droids and biological life. The droids tried to kill anything alive. The last stand and final victory was at Corellia. That story however is covered elsewhere.

6. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    The war was between sentient droids and biological life. The droids tried to kill anything alive.

That kind of reminds me of an anime I saw on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim recently. Can't remember the name of the show though since I wasn't really paying attention(just happened upon it by accident).

7. DarkElfa

Jan 1, 2005
    Well, it started with an expedition to the Star Forge world and a droid finding and downloading a lost and hidden database. The droid, using the force based technological knowledge in the database to create an army of force endowed, sentient droids with him as leader and begins the annihilation of all biological life forms in the galaxy. The Jedi, which had been banished from the Republic after another Sith/Jedi war nearly took place, showed up just in time to turn the tide in the Republic's favor and brought about a renewed respect and admoration for the Jedi and the Force which led to a new form of religion and government in the Republic based on the Force and it's masters. It's not untill after the GCR is built and settled that the truth became known that the Jedi which saved the Republic, were not Jedi at all but Sith mascerading as Jedi and now have complete control of not only the government, but have nearly risen to the level of diety in the eyes of those who worship them and the Force as a religion. (which is practically everyone.) The Jedi order, (actually the Sith) has recreated the Republic as a cast system (regious, warrior and worker casts) with the masters who are the most powerful and know the truth in the religious cast, the weaker Force users who think they're Jedi but have been trained wrong, in the warrior cast and non force users in the worker class. It's not untill a warrior class Jedi has a hyperdrive malfunction while on a deep space mission, that the truth is discovered that the Jedi, much like the Sith before them, has created a culture of their own in uncharted space.

The fun will begin there and I'm looking forward to writing that story as soon as I'm finished with the chronology of the future.

8. DarkElfa

Jan 1, 2005
    Common people, throw me a freakin bone here!

;)

9. DarkElfa

Jan 1, 2005
    I'm still looking for any suggestions to fill in the space between the 10000 year war and the current timeline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.