main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for some help please?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by LadyDeathStar, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyDeathStar

LadyDeathStar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2005
    Hi Everyone. :D

I'm not exactly sure where to go to ask this question, so i was hoping maybe you guys could help a fellow star wars fan out?

I want to make a music vid using some clips from the star wars films. My question is how exactly do i do this? I have windows movie maker, and i have a Dell 5100 Dimension with built in DVD player and CD/DVD burner. What do i actually need to do? Do i have to download the entire movie for example say star wars episode 2 to my computer's c:/ drive in order to do this? Do i need to hook up a DVD player to my computer? I am so lost on how to go about doing this that any and all help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much for any help you guys can give me.

Oh yes, and may the force be with you all. [face_peace]
    And with me because i am so computer stupid. :-B

2. Dark-Vador1138

Dark-Vador1138 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
  3. LadyDeathStar

LadyDeathStar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2005
    All i'm doing is asking for help. If you don't want to help me then that's fine, i'm new to this and the FAQ's aren't helping me so i thought someone would be nice enough to explain it.

Sorry to be a bother.

4. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    If you're not going to be constructive please don't post, Dark-Vador. :D

Welcome to FanFilms LadyDeathStar - before we go into this too much make sure you take a look at this thread. It will answer a lot of basic questions on editing and such. That said, to create a music video you'll have to get all the footage onto your computer before you can begin editing. So if you think you'll need clips from the entire movie you may have to capture the entire thing. :) If you go to VideoHelp.com there are some tips and tricks for capturing from sources like DVD players and such. I'd encourage you to check that site out as it will answer a lot of questions regarding the hardware and software needed for this sort of thing.

You might also take a look at this project some of us played with a while back. The idea was to use nothing but clips from the movies and create a trailer out of them so that might give you some ideas and/or helpful information.

Hope that helps - please feel free to ask questions if you're still not sure of something!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.