main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Looking For Star Wars - Movie on Website (Soon on DVD)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Webb, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Hey gang. I finally got around to PG-ifying LORDPARSEC's video "Looking For Star Wars" and posting it to the PFF website. Whew! We shure are a bunch of potty-mouths around here. :) It's posted into a new area called "PFF Movies" which I hope we will get more of in the future.

The movie is compressed in Windows Media WMV format so you will need to have Microsoft Windows Media Player to view it. It's 17MB and I apologize for the VERY LOW resolution, but it's the best I could do for a 40 minute flick without making it huge.

Let me know if you have any problems with downloading or viewing and I'll do my best to help you out.

(Edit: Added the 'Soon on DVD' to the subject)

2. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Cool! I'll check it out later.

3. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    AWSOME! THANKS WEBB! I will check this out later on my friend's computer... his is way faster...lol! :D
    I would like to take this oportunity to thank a few people who made this fan film possible.

1) Josh (Sideshow) and Jody who organized an awesome line-up for us all (and will hopefully again for Ep. III)! :D

2) The Phoenix Fan Force and AZ line-up's volunteers! Thanks for letting us stick our camera in your face when times where tough!
    :D
    3) Harkins Theatres and Arizona Mills mall for allowing us to shoot the film in a normally non-camera friendly environment!
    4) Ron Lewis for allowing us to film his wonderful store, Toy Anxiety, and letting us hold the plastic caped Jawa (inside joke)!
    5) The 501st DSG! We may never know what any of you really look like under those helmets, but you're cool all the same!
    6) Last but not least, my crew of four who always made sure one of us was there to film something! They are also my best friends Nathan Blaine, Hal Semmens, and Dave Mittner (who graciously paid for the camera just for this project. Nice to have friends with money!)
    :D :D :D
    If I left anyone out, please kindly remind me by posting it here! Also, thanks to the line sponsors listed at the end of the film.

Director - Joel Cranson

4. JediHunterAlpha

JediHunterAlpha Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    Ah yes, the plastic caped jawa, lol.

THis movie was alot of fun to make. THanks to all who helped to make the movie possible.

Nathan
    Director of Photography

5. JediHunterAlpha

May 23, 2002
    Ah yes the plastic cape jawa....lol.

THanks to all who helped make this movie possible.

Nathan
    Director of Photography

6. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    hmmm... mysterious double posts, Alpha...

7. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    you must thank Rick.. after all he does pump with the power of the force.. :)
    the taco bell guy remember?

OH! and crazy old man too!

8. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Yes, I thank all the crazies... even the ones not shown in the film, but remembered in our hearts...
    My Favorite Story is that poor Mormon kid that was trying to escape going on his mission. He ran away and joined the line. His dad found him like 2 days later and made him go... poor guy. And think, he probably hasn't even seen the film yet. :(

9. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    I wish I had found out about the PFF before the EPII lineup. Watching LP's movie made me wish I was there. I can't wait until EPIII lineup, I'm totally there!!!! WHOOO HOOOOOOOO!

10. JediHunterAlpha

May 23, 2002
    darn 2 postings, lol, dump comp.

Yes, the mormon kid's story is a sad one. I think his stuff is still at the lost and found at Az Mills.

All well, thank you agian for all you help in the movie.

Quote not in movie but in our heart:

"Who am I?"
    "E.T.?"
    "No, i'm Obi-wan Kenobi."

11. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    after all he does pump with the power of the force..
    I don't even know HOW to take that statement. :p

And WHO has a potty mouth??? Where was the morality stick??

12. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    rick... [face_laugh]
    that guy ruled, we got like free tacos for everyone... :D

man, i hate watching that, i'm such a jerk at that one part...still feel bad about it. [face_blush]

see what stress will do to you! :p

oh well, parsec was dying for some drama anyways... ;)

13. DarthFeldman

May 16, 2002
    i just love vorpel.. "we will be watching this one at the meetings"

sooo damn funny!

14. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    Are you kidding sideshow? That's my favorite part! I must have watched it like 50 times.... wait a second, that wasn't because I wanted to, it was because of all the *bleeps* I had to put in there. lol.

15. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    The RSA cussed? :eek: Shocked I am. So I get to watch this when I visit, right? Being that I missed the real thing...

16. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    i have the complete two-tape footage of the whole line-up, if you would like to see that too... :D

17. DarthFeldman

May 16, 2002
    I wanna see that,, and i want a damn copy!:)

18. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    wow feldman, so forceful tonight! :p a DAMN COPY?? no need to follow in sideshows bad example and swear or anything. :p ;) he he

19. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    damn is one of the few words you can say... :D

just don't abuse it ;)

20. DarthFeldman

May 16, 2002
    i smiled after i said it
    :)

21. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    k...I was joking, but that's ok.

22. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    So that stuff that was left over, the tent that we kept wondering who it belonged to actually belonged to the young mormon? From this vantage point that's funny. Obviously at the time, not but now is.

23. aero-

aero- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2002
    OMFG, Feldman!

RICK PUMPS WITH THE POWER OF THE FORCE!

i almost forgot about that guy, and me and feldman trying to squish our butts into sideshow's micro-machine car just to drive to priest to pick up UBERCOOL free tacos for everyone...

man, it took me 2 hours on dialup to download, but last night i finally got to watch the movie, and i have to admit, i almost cried because i'd missed you guys so much being here in california.

i'd like an actual vhs or dvd-r copy so that i can watch it on my television and show all my friends how much fun i'd had being in arizona and all the new friends i'd made while being there.

i didn't know anyone when i'd first moved to phoenix, and after the lineup and joining the PFF, i'd made a slew of new friends.

i miss you guys a lot. 'specially josh and jess and feldman. and kristie. and void. and vorpel. and LP. and christian. and moe.

face it. i miss all you retards ;]

24. DarthFeldman

May 16, 2002
    aaawwww... we miss you too.. i think :)

anyway.. yeah i want a dvd copy as well. Not sure if this has been done yet tho.

25. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    LP, with your permission and guidance I could burn full-quality DVD's for anyone who would want them. We could make up some cool jacket covers and DVD lables to go with them too. I gladly donate my time and equipment to this worthy cause. Since DVD+-R media, paper and ink could get expensive, what about covering costs? Ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.