main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Looking For Star Wars - Movie on Website (Soon on DVD)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Webb, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Any word from Bunny on posters??

2. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Sorry for the delay.. I generated the final full-res graphic and sent a PM to MrBunny with the info. I guess we'll wait and see what he says. :)

3. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    *Crosses Fingers* C'mon Bunny!

4. Darth_Rinku

Darth_Rinku Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2003
    So what you guys are saying is, that this DVD is going to be edited, like in the PG version on the site? Is there going to be an unedited version for the mature audience consumers, meaning foul language and the like, or what?? I need to know. It's a matter of life and peanut butter. So what is the exact date that we can pick one up? I think that is all for right now... Ja ne.

5. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    I saw the UN CUT version. lol neener neener :D

6. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    **$&#*@()$#@&*(#$&@*($#@**

I'm having techinical difficulties with my DVD authoring program. Stay tuned.

7. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    D'oh!

-Homer J. Simpson

PS. Did you know that this expression is now in Webster's Dictionary? Who'd a thunk it?

8. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    An uncut version... well, I guess we could somehow get you a copy with the language. My personal opinion is that the edited version is more fun to watch. You know they cussed and there's a funny Star Wars noise over it. It's kinda fun to guess what they said.

I chose to have the bleeped version in there 'cause I'd like the film to apeal to all who watch it. Some people don't care much for langauge so we bleeped it. We also couldn't have it available on the website unless it was cleaned up. Even though the film is PG-13, I wanted to keep it closer to PG in the spirit of Star Wars entertainment.

PS. I normally am a big advocate against certain kinds censorship, but in the case of my own film, I felt it was a good thing to do.

9. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    Ok, here's the scoop on the DVD. I got the movie with Deleted Scenes and Crew Bios all set up... but now my FREGGIN PC has decided it doesn't wan't to render out the DVD. It gets to chapter 8 of the movie and just stops, no errors... just stops. So, I have a few tricks still left up my sleeve, but it will take me a few days to pull them off. I'll keep you posted. In the interest of the new sensoring guidelines, here's what I really think: ******* ****** ******* Pinacle Studio ** * ***** ** ******* ****, * **** ** *** ******* Adobe Encore *** ** *** ** ******* *** *** ***** ****** *******.

10. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    LOL! I have worked with this kind of software and my sentiments EXACTLY, Webb! Best of luck to you.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US! LOL!

11. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Talked real quick with Webb, the DVD is basically ready to go... now if he could just convince his PC of that. :p

12. Sand_Dancer

Sand_Dancer Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2003
    So when do we get to place orders Webb?

13. JediHunterAlpha

JediHunterAlpha Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    Yes, Yes, when do we get to order??? :)

14. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I will try to answer this question because Webb is banging his head into the wall right now trying to come up with a solution to a little DVD making problem... ummm, basically there's an issue with production right now but we hope to have it fixed prior to the September meeting. We're working on a couple of ideas in terms of getting people their movies. We will keep you updated as always! Thanks for your patience... accept Nathan who's very impatient! LOL J/K :)

15. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    Ok gang, here's the latest scoop.

Bad news: The DVD authoring software I am currently using totally choked on all the extra stuff I was trying to do. Chapters were off, video was jittery, menu's were all screwed up regardless of what I tried, and navigation was not controllable. @!#$@ Pinnacle Studio!

Good news: In the spirit of LFSW, I have decided to drop a HUGE wad of cash to get the software I need to do this project RIGHT! I ordered the Adobe Video Collection Professional Edition today, and it will be in my hands tomorrow. (happy dance) Considering I've already been using some of this software illegitimately for years, it's time I pay for it anyway. :) So, this gives me 2 weekends to play around, figure out how to use it, and get the DVD made ready for our next meeting.

I will post again when I am sure the product will be ready for our meeting and let you know when I will start taking orders. Thanks again for your patience. (Especially LP and JHA's patience :) )

16. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I know ultimately it will be well worth the wait! :)

17. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    here's to webb for donating money to the cause! *lifts glass of completely non-alcoholic blue milk and toasts*

18. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    Jupitertronic said the word ALCOHOL! Oh No, she's going to get banned! OH NO!! I said it tooo, we're ALL DOOOOOMMMMEEEEDDDDDD.

19. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    BLUE MILK TO ALL!!!!!!! :)

20. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    My new software arrived today. I started learning and playing with it, and it ROCKS! Putting most geeky specifications aside, however there is one feature which I just can't wait to play with... Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound mastering! We won't be able to do it for this DVD, but perhaps LFSW2?? :)

21. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    more dvd cases coming to party on sat

22. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    this rules!

23. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    DVD status update: The DVD is DONE!!! The new Adobe software suite I got turned out to be exactly what I needed to get this project finished up. I just burned a master DVD, tested it in my player, and all is working well. Choad, it looks like it will be MUCH easier to copy this DVD than I originally thought, so depending on the quantity of orders we get, I might need your help.

So... time to take orders. I will be starting a new thread for taking orders.

24. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Webb. I have a large order headed your way! Thanks again for all your work!

I talked to Bunny last night and he's working on trying to fix some kinks in the poster making prosess. I think the pixels on the poster design got way out of wack when he tried to blow it up. But wait... something good will come of this...

PS. Jedi Hunter and myself will be autographing copies at the meeting. Free of charge! :)

J/K! We're not planning on it... but we will if you ask us to! :)

25. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.