main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for SW - In All The Weird Places

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Nov 12, 2015.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    So it's just over a month til the new film comes out, and not long til Christmas. In my walk through town today, I found SW items on display in some places I'd never think to look. Now I'm not talking about places you'd expect - toy stores, WalMart, Forbidden Planet, bookstores - those kinds of places. In my wanders I saw:

Window ad for the BB-8 app in a phone shop
    Vader alarm clock in a jeweller's window (they had other Disney stuff on display)
    A whole rack of Funko Pop SW and SW-branded water bottles in a store selling CDs/DVDs
    SW Monopoly (TFA) in a Christmas display in the mens clothing section of a dept store

On Sunday my local Sainsburys supermarket had a display of the Funko Pop SW and Infinities SW figures.

What places outside your normal collecting travels have you seen SW items?

2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    The weirdest one for me (I think I posted about this in another thread) was finding a Star Wars section at one of the university text book/clothing stores at Illinois State University....they had a lot of regular Star Wars stuff and several ISU-Star Wars items (I got an ISU-Star Wars shirt) which was something I never expected to see.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I just saw a big Star Wars display in the American terminal at Miami Airport. They had R2 suitcases and tons of little TFA stuffed characters. (I was too tired to care and stop and look.)