main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Looking for the Canteena

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by New York Jedi, Dec 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New York Jedi

New York Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 1999
    I love to hang out with friends. I do it all the time. Assuming you guys/gals are sort of my web-friends, why not hang out. And what better place to hang out but the local pub!

Assuming you are of legal drinking age (like that really matters in NYC) who here would be into garbbing a drink sometime?

You know, play some darts, shoot some pool, watch the game, etc.

Just a question.

2. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I am not really into bars and seldom drink. I don't know about everyone else.

3. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Well....My plan for getting the NYC area fans together is for all SW fans including those under legal drinking age. Besides Bars are really not my scene either. I was once part of a Barnes and Noble book club and we met there once a month. We also got discounts there as well. I could see about organizing a meeting either there or at a Borders book store if any are in NY. But we really need to see how many are truly interested in getting this thing going.
    Another place not to discount is Hoboken or Edgewater NJ, both are as easily accessible as NYC...and Edgewater has coffee houses and diners as well as a Barnes and Noble I am sure would welcome a once a month meeting....MTDBWY

4. jandimin

jandimin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2000
    i am a little too old for the bar scene, a bookstore/coffeehouse meeting sounds great and hoboken or edgewater would be very convenient for me...

5. Cailinn-Sar

Cailinn-Sar Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2000
    Hey folks,a bar/pub is fine with me & so is a book store although I must admit that my passion for books might distract me somewhat.I still think that MysterySith's idea about a internet cafe still sounds great,like I said before for those of us that can't make it we could post what's happening as it happens.For those of us that are of age I would be down to hang at a bar though.Talk later.

6. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    please! no bar if i can go i can't drink or even go into a bar. (15 right here) B 'n N is great same with Borders. The internet cafe is great idea

7. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Uhm...I like bars New York Jedi. I can admit it. I like having a few beers (too many) and catching a game...if it's a yankee game. Basketball bores me. But actually football is cool too. :)

8. New York Jedi

New York Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 1999
    Sorry if I offended anybody with the bar thing. I wasn't saying that we should only get together in a bar, just sort of a one time social thing.

But I'm up for a coffie house or Barns and Noble too. Just trying to be friendly.:)

Yanksfan - you and I are the only bar flys in the NYC-JC????? Impossible.:)

9. Cailinn-Sar

Cailinn-Sar Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2000
    Hey I'm for hanging at a bar also,I guess the three of us can hang some time,put away a couple of colds ones & talk about Star Wars with a good buzz going.Talk later.

10. Chewbuca

Chewbuca Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    Barfly here NYJ & ugh...Yank$fan.

11. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I sense animosity with you chewbuca.....bitter about my team's unstoppable dynasty? ;-)

12. Chewbuca

Oct 4, 2000
    Really, what gave it away?

Nah, I agree with Stan Fischler...
    "...Steinbrenner's just doing what he can. There's no cap and you have to give it to him. He puts his money back into his team and won 4 out of 5. It's just too bad baseball's become like Monopoly. But, how much fun is it when someone has all the money and hotels."

There, I think I finished all of my whining for today. =P

P.S. - it's tough rooting for the second class team in this city.

13. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Chewbuca, yeah its a shame, the Mets would be first class in just about every other City.

14. Chewbuca

Oct 4, 2000
    I don't know about that...in the words of the Immortal Homer...

'...they are the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked.'

15. Shoeless Jedi

Shoeless Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2000
    ok, I admit it, I'm a barfly....Hi Yanksfan! :*

16. jandimin

jandimin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2000
    i am a former barfly...now these darned kids get in the way of my drinking. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.