main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for ultimate Star Wars book list

Discussion in 'Literature' started by marvelfett11, May 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvelfett11

marvelfett11 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Hi. I Haven't posted here in a long time. Long story short, like most of you, I collect Star Wars books. I have hundreds of titles at the moment. I am trying to get EVERYTHING, meaning novels, children's books, making of books,....well you get the picture. I am trying to see if there is a site that anyone knows of that has a list of at least most of what is out there. Any help would be appreciated. Oh yeah, Darth_Kevin, if you're still posting, thanks for pointing me in the right direction a while back.
    Thanks again,
    M.F.11

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Go to www.theforce.net/books

3. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    MF (couldn't resist),

I would say that the best list of practically everything would probably be the Ultimate Timeline on TF.N. For just a list, I think it is better than Time Tales or Timeline Gold, because it is not really about listing events in order with summaries, just the books, comics, etc. themselves.

The "Hard-to-Find" topic in my sig is still in existence and provides a good list of all comics not in TPB. Rebelscum.com has also recently started a complete comic book listing along with cover scans. Here is a nearly complete list of WEG RPG books:

High Admiral Deck's Complete WEG Reference List

A Wizards of the Coast RPG list should not be hard to come by.

4. marvelfett11

Apr 21, 2002
    Yeah, I've tried all of those, but none of them really list some of the more obscure children's books.

5. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    I thought the Ultimate Timeline was pretty much complete. What is an example of something no on that site?

6. marvelfett11

Apr 21, 2002
    For example,
    There are some EP.1 kids books that are mini paperbacks that were given out by restaurants, the exact details elude me at the moment and I am not home to check. I'll get back to you on that one. There are several other examples as well. Most of it is pretty obscure stuff.

7. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Is this obscure stuff essentially reprints of other material though? If it's that obscure, would it be on any list? i.e. have you seen it on any other list?

Are you looking for a list of every EU book, comic, game, TV show, etc. in order to have every story detail, or a list of absolutely everything, regardless of whether it was reprinted in several forms?

8. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Click on Timeline in the above links. They have all the stuff including the old Ewok and Droids kids stuff.

9. marvelfett11

Apr 21, 2002
    D_K,
    Actually it's a little of both. Some stuff is alternate versions of other things and some of it is entirley new stuff. The series that I mentioned above for example is called "Star wars Junior/My First Star Wars Adventures." I'm fairly sure that these do not exist in any other form. I have not seen them on any other list, therefore I do not know if there are others in the series. I just happened upon them in a used book store by my house. They consist of a series of mini softcover storybooks with companion activity books which are a little larger that the storybooks. They are for very little kids.

Storybooks:
    ?Catch that Pit Droid?, by Liza Baker
    ?Droid to the Rescue?, by Gail Herman
    ?General Jar-Jar?, by Lara Bergen
    ?Jedi Escape?, by Liza Baker
    ?Meet the Jedi High Council?, by Laura Dower
    ?Obi-Wan?s Bongo Adventure?, by Gail Herman
    ?Podrace?, by Lara Bergen
    ?Save Naboo?, by Gail Herman
    ?Sith Attack?, Lara Bergen

Coloring/Activity books:
    ?Anakin?s Activity Magazine?, by Anne Schreiber
    ?Obi-Wan?s Activity Magazine?, by Elizabeth Bennett
    ?Qui-Gons Activity Magazine, by Kimberly Weinberger
    ?Watto?s Activity Magazine?, by Elizabeth Bennett

10. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    I would say that a combination of the Tomart Guide, TF.N's Ultimate Timeline as well as the RPG link I gave would be fairly complete. The "hard-to-find" thread pretty much cover all the comics that are not on the standard lists too.

I've been working on a comics variant list, but I'm not finished.

11. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
  12. marvelfett11

Apr 21, 2002
    At first glance it looks like a pretty cool site. D_K

Some of the other stuff ythat I'm trying to find are things like:
    How many different versions of the Lucas unofficial biography "Skywalking" are out there. I'm familiar with 3. Are there more?
    Also, for anyone who is interested, I have been trying to get all the old DelRey stuff that was offered in harcover from Sci-Fi bookclub. I only needed the 3rd Lando book (Starcave of Thonboka). I ended up e-mailing the author, L. Neil Smith (I found his address on some website that escapes me at the moment) and he said that for some reason they never offered that one in hardcover.

13. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    It seems to me that maybe you should be the one to put together the list! :D

Obviously you seem to know more than anyone else. If interested, I could work with you to produce an HTML document. I've been slow to do it, but planning to put together several shorter lists of EU material to complement my Lostworlds page - for example a short story list with every short story and every place they've been printed. I'd be happy to help you put together a list of your own of variants or some such topic.

D_K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.