main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking For Welshguy

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Master--Kenobi, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Anyone out there talk to Welshguy lately? We really need to get a hold of him regarding the Yoda tracking numbers and he's not answering his PM's. Yoda is not showing up and we really need to find him...or he might be back on his way to you.

Come out Come Out where ever you are?

Thanks All,

Master K

2. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    er, welshdude had 2 pc's die on him recently, and the one he has managed to cobble together won't let him near TF.N or these boards. best thing to do would be to e-mail him as he can read e-mails. his address is in his profile ;)

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Thanks for the info Lord-Wiz,

Glad to know our favorite lover of sheep is ok, just droid problems. We'll get ahold of him asap.

Thanks again,

Kim/Kenobi

4. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    HEAR YE, HEAR YE, OFFICIAL NOTICE OF WELSHGUY's RESIGNATION

I have now taken over as the Welsh forum board leader, moderator, etc. Welshguy gave up the title when I sought him out for lack of attendence, and then wept like a baby and handed over the crown (after pistols at 10 paces).

So any time you feel like adding meh colours, let me know.

5. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I h a
    e

u r

1. C

r

:p

I'll sell him back for $10 and Hilda the sheep

6. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Back in your cage Rhys.

[face_shame_on_you]

I may be gone, but i'm very much still alive and kicking.

I've gone down my cousins house for five to use his computer seeing as mine are dead. By the way, if anyone knows of any tech. reason why I can't access this forum on a win95 hard drive, please, please let me know. I don't know if there is a forum blocker on there or something, but every other website seems to work fine, but it won't let me on this one? I've tried disabling the security protection and enabling cookies, but nothing seems to work??

Onto other matters. Miana and Master Kenobi. I will be emailing you very shortly with the Yoda info. I'm very sorry that I haven't been in touch, but I had deleted all my old emails and I couldn't get on here to check what they were. So still no sign from the French then??? I give up. If he does come back my way again, I say we veto the Frech chapter and go onto the next one. There's only so much we can do. At this rate he's still going to be travelling round the world when i'm 60!

Speaking of which, it was my birthday yesterday. Where the hell were my well wishes????

Ok, so what to do while i'm away? It doesn't look like my computer situation is going to be resolved any time soon, so I need a CR consiglieri to take over things in my absense. But who???

I know this is going to be a controversial appointment, but I need a Tom Hagen type figure that I can trust and who will get the job done...... You may remember from the Godfather movies that Tom Hagen was a German American who was appointed the consiglieri in an Italian family. As that was a controversial appointment, so is this one.

I hereby appointment TimBolton to oversee the Welsh Forum while I try and sort my computer out. I know he is not Welsh, but he has all the skills and ability needed to be a fine CR. And lets face it, he posts here more often than just about any other poster, Welsh or otherwise.

So Tim (or Taff ;) ), the forum is in your hands now. Without an RSA or CR, this place needs someone to keep things in order and ticking over. Take care of the old place. It may not be much, but its still home.

You should put the following in your sig:

Welsh Forum Consiglieri to Welshguy - Acting CR for Wales

Not sure how "offical" this all is, but I feel that its in the best interests of all involved.

Good luck my friend, I have total faith in you.

Hope to see you all very soon.

7. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005

:eek: :eek:

after all i did for you!! you butter me up just to throw it in my face when i've outlived my usefullness!!

fine, i know when i'm not wanted [face_not_talking]

[face_not_talking]

8. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Wow, has this been a weird few FF-UK days :eek:
    Welshguy - I hope you are alright, and fingers crossed your comp problems are sorted asap. I really can't think why Win95 would have problems with the forums, I'd say clear out all cookies, temporary internet files, history folder, etc, and there are other folders you can clear too, but I really need to be there at the comp to show you :(

I'll gladly keep any eye on the place for you, and do what I can to keep Welsh forums active :) I have added the text to my sig, if anyone needs to ask anything, need anything etc etc, please just PM away, and I'll put on my best Welsh accent in my reply :D
    You can also email me if necessary at boltontimothy@hotmail.com (to any non-FF-UK weirdos trolling these boards, this is not my main email, so no point sending your weird stuff at me lol, it won't work :p )

I won't let you down Boss ;) Thanks for the kind words and support :cool:
    And get back here soon!

Wiz, how many more CRs do you need in your title :p hehe
    I should add, BA, MA, PgDip :p hehe.

9. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005

[face_not_talking]

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    So, since you are a CO, how exactly do I act like a CR? Do I wear a crown and robe, stroll about muttering about the peasant revolts and stuff?

*struts*

11. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005

i really couldn't comment on how a CR behaves without running the risk of upsetting people/being accused of being sarcastic/being banned :p

(WTH is a PgDip?)

12. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Post Graduate Diploma :p
    Usually done after you have got a BA - I did my in "Museum and Art Gallery Studies", after doing art history for 4 years

13. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Museum and Art Gallery Studies eh......

That shold come in handy in the realy world work place.....

;)

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey Welshguy? I still haven't gotten your email with the tracking info. [face_worried]

15. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    You left this place in TIM'S charge? Oh lord...that was a mistake.

*hides* hehehe

16. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Lololol!

You meanie Meri! :p
    Gonna ask Jan to kill Quinlan all over again to get you back :p

17. TAFF_VADER

TAFF_VADER Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2004
    Timbolton -
    I know it is with great reluctance that you have agreed to this calling. I know you love democracy ? I know you love the welsh forum. But do you promise to lay down the power you have been given, once this crisis has abated?

18. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    He better bloody do!

Why do I get the feeling that i'm going to have to start wearing a Guy Fawlkes mask in order to retch him from power. ;)

19. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey Welshguy, did you get that tracking info to Miana yet? We still can't find Yoda. I just got word today that I lost out on an Educational Grant cause I couldn't produce where he was... ARRGGGHHHH. I can put in for another one for next year, but we need proof that he still exists. So BEGGING NOW ... WILL EVEN BRIBE WITH HIGH QUALITY REGISTERED SHEEP!!!!

Thanks

Master K

20. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Just got "dinged" by Miana.. so he is in either Wales or France and the post ...um..can't say the word here.. but "messed" up. ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Ok, now I need a sheep to hug.:_|

21. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    [image=http://www.lessonsinplay.co.uk/asps/uploads/big/1315-1.jpg]

That do Master--Kenobi?
    Poor Yoda, sold into slavery whilst in France, he now works in a small sidestreet brasserie in Paris, lightsabering onions into finely chopped pieces for the beef dishes :(

Dinged? That an AIM thing lol, on MSN I call it pinged, much more classy :p

TAFF_VADER - together, we can destroy him. He has forseen it! Then we we can rule the galaxy side by side ... wait! Scratch that, I want all the power for myself! Draws lightsaber and hisses a lot :p

22. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    *Grabs above sheep, curls up under blue blankie* Ahhhh, much better, thank you. As for "pinged" Yup, Like that much better, gonna take that too!

Thanks! :D

23. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Oh my god! That's terrible. I can't believe that they wouldn't give it to you?

Couldn't you just say that he was in France? How would they have known the difference.

I'm so sorry, I hope it wasn't too much of a setback for you and your education. If it makes you feel any better, i'm completely bankrupt because someone has been cashing cheques for nearly a thousand pound from my account. :(

Wait..... You know Yoda was in my room by himself quite a lot when he stayed here.

It would have been so easy for him to pop in my draw and get a few cheques, hop off the transport to France and live the high life in a kind of muppet version of "Catch me if you can"!!

Well, I think I just solved about four mysteries in one there..... [face_thinking]

24. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Whoa, sounds like things haven't gone well with this! Any news on what is happening here?

25. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Welshguy - how is the bank situation going? Hope it is sorted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.