main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Looking for Yaddle Senator Theater Club

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by obidaman99, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obidaman99

obidaman99 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 12, 1999
    With Episode 3 I year away, I'd like to recreate the feel of the 1999 camp out for Phantom Menace at the Senator Theater. Was anybody out there in the line that Wednesday morning one week before the movie opened? The line was so long that when I arrived at 5:30am, I had to get in line on Croydon Way 3 blocks from the theater. In 2002, AOTC was getting better early reviews and I expected to be standing in the same place on a Saturday morning, but I was barely a 1/4 block on Belvedere Avenue.

If you were part of the 1999 group on Croydon that was making fun of Yaddle or part of the 2002 group on Belvedere (the guy with the Dooku light saber from West Virginia really knew how to fight with it!), please post on this board and let me know if you intend to camp out at the Senator in 2005. I'm hoping that the line returns to its 1999 glory.

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I wasn't at the Senator. But I remember very early on in this board a lot of people posting that were at the Senator. Try going to the earliest messages posted here. They may be deleted though.

3. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    Memory, all alone in the moonlight
    I can dream of the old days
    Life was beautiful then
    I remember the time I knew what happiness was
    Let the memory live again

I was there in 2002 and will be there in 2005.
    I was sitting right on the corner under the bank sign with the Darth Maul mask.
    That was my first campout for tickets ever.
    Since then I have bought a tent, sleeping bag and a propane heater. I so am ready for 2005!!!

Here are some links to the 2002 senator line archives.

The Senator ticket line

The Senator line movie night

MFF Senator line archive (and my first post on the MFF)

Tak

4. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    I took a day off work to stand in line in 1999 to buy tickets, but this time I can't, I will be moving closer to the DC area and probably should go stand in line down there :) Have fun!

5. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Tak, those pictures are a scream. Looks like fun, but I am not standing in line to view movie. But would like to go with you guys and gals when and if we gather as a fan force.

6. obidaman99

obidaman99 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 12, 1999
    Thanks for the responses. My plan right now is to borrow a laptop pc from somebody and watch all 5 films on DVD while waiting in line for tickets to movie #6! It would be good to see some familiar faces. The 1999 camp out was great.

7. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    People need to start putting webcams on the different lines. BTW is anyone already on line? :confused: Anybody trying to break some sort of record.

8. MDVader

MDVader Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2004
    Tak-
    I wanted to thank you for posting the pics of the Senator Opening night of Ep2, as I was Darth Vader that night. Due to being in suit, and my wife running security on me for the night, we didnt get any good pictures.

That was literally my first outing after building the suit for 7 years...what a night.

I will definitely be there for III, as will I'm sure a full Garrison of troopers.

Thanx again for posting those,

Jeff

9. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    HEHE you welcome, I cant wait to see you all again

And yes I will be there the night tickets go on sale.
    Even got myself a tent :)

Tak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.