main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Looking forward to next Star Wars installment

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Bob the X-Winger, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Bob the X-Winger

Bob the X-Winger Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    Have to admit I am this time looking forward to the next one. Was not nearly as enthusiastic about The Force Awakens, it proved to be an average movie but the next movie does have the characters and settings that make it far more likely to be an exciting sequel. Any opinions. Considering that The Force Awakens draws more influence from the original Saga than ever before.

2. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Oops...I thought this a thread dedicated to the ANH prequel Rogue One. [face_blush]

Well, when I learned last year about Rogue One I was instantly more interested in it than in TFA.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I loved TFA and I really look forward to Rogue One.

I initially was not excited about TFA either, to me the story ended with ROTJ and I had heard too many rumors about the cloned Emperor and Luke's disembodied hand. But in the end, tragic as it was, I was glad to see what happened to our OT characters. Han died a hero, Leia is still leading as she does best, and Luke...he'll come around. And I really like Rey and Finn, can't wait to see more of them.

Rogue One...should be great to see Mon Mothma running a mission, and hopefully this leads seamlessly into ANH.

4. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Same here. Loved TFA and I can't wait for RO and the other SW movies.

Thanks for getting me back into Star Wars, Disney.

5. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    As a fan of the entire Star Wars Saga, I'm always looking forward to a new movie about the GFFA!
    I liked TFA, and I can't wait to see how they will develop the characters in the new two movies!

This. So much this. We I need more Luke Skywalker!

Of course, some of the rumoured and confirmed movies in the Anthology-series do not really interest me that much, but since they belong to the same franchise, I will watch them regardless.

AshiusX likes this.
  6. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015

I have to admit, I am more excited about Rogue One than I was about TFA! Weird I know... :D

Straudenbecker likes this.
  7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    You are not alone

8. Bob the X-Winger

Bob the X-Winger Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    I did not even know much about Rogue One to be honest until just now I got to see the Trailer. It looks pretty good, pretty good indeed. I suppose Rogue One would be the next installment then.

9. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I can't wait for the next films, especially RO. The mix of war picture and heist film should be interesting, and the new characters look great. The trailer got me back into Star wars again after a short break.

10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Loved TFA so really looking to Episode VIII. Also really looking forward to Rogue One as I think it is the perfect type of story for a spin off type movie. The Han Solo movie on the other hand I'm not so sure about...

11. dva3842

dva3842 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2008
    Loved TFA. I am much more excited about Rogue 1 than I was for AOTC and ROTS.

12. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Off course I am Bob it's been a long time coming, 10 years to long, I can't wait to see the path these guys will be on.

13. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    I am more excited for Episode 8 and Rouge one than I ever was for TFA.

Bob the X-Winger likes this.
  14. theMaestro

theMaestro Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2015
    I think there was a solid foundation of interesting characters set up in TFA which makes me really look forward to Episode 8 to see where the story will go. However, I'm glad JJ isn't directing because I found TFA's pace to be a little too frantic for my taste. Did anyone else feel the same way? I don't know, maybe I'm just old school when it comes to movie pacing, but I find that a lot of modern blockbusters just move too darn fast for my liking. So for Episode 8, I hope we get a slower, more intimate movie that takes its time to really explore the characters. So I guess I'm hoping for something similar to TESB in terms of pacing and style, but completely different in terms of plot.

15. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Rogue One and Episode VIII I am looking forward to. With the people involved with those two projects, my expectations are a lot higher.